New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edrick Augur

Lets enter Warren Buffet's March Madness Challenge. If you guess the bracket correctly (basically impossible,) you'll win a billion bucks. Give a few million to Sony and sign a contact that they use a portion of that for hiring developers for EQ only. Sounds like a plan to me!
  2. tarquinn21 Elder

Thank you for your mercy, Porterz73.
    gentledn and Edrick like this.
  3. Valox_Tz Journeyman

There are several players on Zek server trying to flood the market with a lot of these "rare" drops in general chat with the mindset that Sony will not do anything about it. Please roll them back and shut them up!
  4. Kunon Augur

Not an exploit, just people that actually pay attention and understand EQ's mechanics. If you want to blame someone for the gear being farmed as it was, blame the Devs for being lazy and not bothering to implement the drops as they advertised. They were actually forewarned about the tactics to super farm this stuff and as usual ignored it.

This stuff has been going on for years and they know all about it, especially in regards to instances. That is why there is the request timer cool down from people cascading instances for as long as they have existed.

Farmers 10000000T Devs 0

Side note: I think it is funny some people are actually complaining about other people making plat. I mean really, with the current economy I know so many people with 100M+ its ridiculous. It is quite likely those same people selling these items already have more millions than they will ever spend. You can only extend your subscription out so far with Kronos. They are doing it just to do it, gear alts and more importantly to prove the devs wrong and annoy them.
  5. Oggobogg New Member

just fix the global drop rate and let us farm HA.....
  6. gnomeboss Augur

year 15 of this nonsense.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Exactly.
    I was trying it and got 1 drop early - then nothing for hours.
    Finally a 2nd drop. (that's enough to confirm - 2 in one day)
    By the time I came here to report - it was established and fixed.

-Rat
    PS: I don't think the raid tanks have to worry that a Ranger with an extra 100AC can steal their jobs!
  8. Ssixa Augur

I didn't get any of these items to drop yet personally but I concur that's not a good idea. In the grand scheme of things, very few people took advantage of the excessive drop rate thing and I know people that got these items clearing 50+ HAs start to finish, per day and not just flipping instances.

I won't call it a bug, and I won't call it an exploit. With at least one other "loot piñata" being discovered in Bixie Warfront, I am inclined to think it was just very very poor design and they probably didn't expect anyone to catch on.

I disagree about the "solution" to nerf existing items to group stats...lots of money (Kronos, gamecards, and platinum alike) have changed hands in the last few days as these items were traded. You would be hurting the wrong people (along with the few that have hoarded up bunches of these items).
  9. Marshall Maathers Augur

This is the same as the cloaks and rings before, the devs had to step in and reduce the drop rates of those after the first few days of going live, and then later reduced them even further.

The initial farmers will generally be the ones that will get the luckiest. The ones that use their brain to think a little will gain even further.

The ones that are late to the party ... well ... life's tough.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

Well - I can confirm that his first one was right. No reason to doubt the other two.
    -Rat
  11. Pwnography Augur

It was the first two Elders in Scouting Ahead. It had to be elders - scouts required dropping the task and getting it again. 90% of the time, it was the first one on the left. Rarely, it was actually the second one on the left. You knew if it was the 'pinata' mob or not by there being absolutely nothing on the corpse, or one of the rare items. Into The Hive is more difficult to explain the location, but it was there as well.

If I was a betting man, I would bet you can easily test this theory by still going into the instance. It sounds like they simply disabled the drop inside of instances via a hotfix and didn't alter the mechanics. If this is true, the 'pinata' mob always drops 'nothing' now until they find a better randomization method.

They can disguise the pinata mob, i'm sure, by letting it drop tradeskill and quest items. If they don't randomize it completely, though, we'll eventually piece together which spawns they are over time and community input. The best option is simply to remove them completely from instances.
  12. Genomin New Member

Don't see how it is an exploit. If the missions had a lockout timer it would be but it doesn't. Shouldn't roll back at all.

Make it more random. Make mobs see invis and sos. Add in lockouts.
  13. Makavien Augur

Also I know this is late but pwning I did have quest items dropping off the specific npc in scouting ahead that dropped the raid drops quite a few times.

But if this is correct I farmed about 45 wk heroics for named and there was 2 mobs in each instance that was the only mobs that didn't drop quest items also.
  14. Langya Augur

Well, this is why we can't have nice things. Oh and no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Devs....why do you even bother trying to put raid items in spheres of the game where a very vocal minority will find a way to hammer home that it is an error of judgement to do so?

If you are going to do something that is going to piss off people that consider themselves your most loyal customers and stalwarts of adherence to "how the game is supposed to be", then why do you insist on always stuffing it up in such a way where it has to end this way with them finding a weakness in your reasoning and tearing it wide open? They always do and will rub it in your face like someone in trips you up in front of a pile of dog poo and than thrusts your head into it after you are down.

Anyway, as usual...thanks for the effort but you have to let the top 1% of the players in this game remind you that..well, they run it. And not you. You need to start listening to them, or they are going to make you look like idiots. Again and again and again.
    Harabakc likes this.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

I think the only reason this got discovered so quickly was the DBL EXP weekend.
    People were farming the Gribble missions "all day, every day" for fast exp, and Marks.
    Only a matter of time for someone to notice that the same mobs keep dropping the Phat Loots.
    -Rat
  16. Kable Lorekeeper

so are the item still currently dropping in static versions zones?
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Posts like this make me chuckle when we're in the middle of one of the single most grouper oriented expansions of the last 15 years.

Elidroth posted that they didn't want this to be farmable, and yet human nature is to find the path of least resistance and highest RvR and go to town. How many posts have we seen people asking which HA should I run for my box crew to collect currency? This is similar in many ways.
    If anything the vocal casual 1% is winning right now as they get more and more and more for less and less and less. The 1% of raiders only objected when the rewards started hitting what the majority of " end game" people were using.

If start suddenly = end, that's not much of a journey.
    Jalir and Winnowyl like this.
  18. Tarrin Augur

Your ideology means the only achievement that matters is hours played.

It doesn't matter if you are more skillful, therefor you get things done faster.

It doesn't matter if you are able to kill a mob that takes over 50 people to kill, vs killing someone you can solo.

You have said over and over, that if hours played are the same, loot should be the same.

If this is implemented you won't have any leaderboard to look at that can't be filtered by "hours played".
    Jalir, Sheex and Iila like this.
  19. Langya Augur

Its not even about the usual Us and Them crap. Its more or less along the line of how many times have we been down this road? This has nothing to do with people wanting another GoD or Underfoot, or making the game even easier. Its about the devs not listening, and losing credibility. Typically if it is something that could be objectionable by the players that are most eager to pick nits, almost all instances the launch of it gets screwed up to boot and they always had some kind of advanced warning.

Frankly, if the devs are going to insist on putting in content that has to be frequently rolled back or nerfed to oblivion... with a bunch of people chomping at the bit to assure that it fails...than don't do it. Just don't. Don't keep on adding stuff that just ends up making them look like anything but a proactive, detail oriented, meticulous design and development team.They put in easy content. They put in autogrant AA. They put in Heroic Characters. Any one of those is a bridge too far for these pickers and grinners, so why would you dare to put in more content that creates even more EZMode without doing your homework first?

Its good that SoE is not putting out a life and death product, because at times I would not trust them to build me a sandwich, let along anything that people might have to actually depend on. As a reiteration to the Devs, if players tell you there is a flaw that they can drive a truck through ahead of a release, and you ignore them, they will take full advantage and will make a concise effort to assure that you all are depicted in the worst possible light. At least TEST it to see if its an actual issue!!
  20. tubbe New Member

I've been playing EQ on multiple accounts since its creation and I am a raider and group content player. I personally don't see what the harm is for these items to be in the game. Some of these items could even benefit the average raider such as myself who can't meet ridiculous raid attendance requirements that raiding guilds have for this game.

This is a primarily PvE game so the only benefit is to the players who want to beat harder group content missions as well as to average or casual raiders who need the extra stats. It isn't better than CotF raid gear so what's the difference if it matches RoF T2-T4 items? Group gear in Cotf is better than VoA raid in some cases.

What I am surprised I haven't seen yet is SoE making a online purchasing portal for in game items such as these similar to other current games. Let's face it... not many completely new people are being drawn to EQ1 anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.