New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

Naugrin, Andarriel, Hazimil and 4 others like this.
  2. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Andarriel, Makavien and Crystilla like this.
  3. Ssixa Augur

Will they still be dropping (at their correct rate) in the static CotF zones at this time?
  4. Braveheart Augur

That's a bummer. You have a large group of players who have farmed many of these items. Now that the word is out, you take it away from everyone. Gratz to the lucky few. Best sell them before they get taken away.
  5. Ayoheee Augur

6. Braveheart Augur

The sad part is: Many of us hunt in the same spots. knowing now that they are NOT a random drop and actually drop from select mobs means we need to move around a lot, or find the next sweet spot. I wish you would just make them global if your going to nerf every PH that is found.

Better yet, put them on a vendor and make them cost 10x the cost of group gear.
  7. FcsevenXIII Augur

Crystilla and smash like this.
  8. Edrick Augur

This is the most eloquent solution to this problem I have read yet. Bravo.

Thank goodness, and thank you for keeping us up to date, Roshen.
  9. Edrick Augur

It's very doubtful. There is almost certainly a chance that some people have gotten a rare drop as intended, and I don't think "Kill them all, let God sort 'em out" is a proper means of moving forward.
  10. monkiedoo New Member

man i just got off work and was hoping to get at least 1 chase item, so not fair..........
  11. Makavien Augur

Finding a "ph/loot dropper" is not really an exploit its called creative farming.
  12. Phrett Augur

No, I'm sorry I don't think that 200 hours of player-A's time is automatically equivalent to player-B's time.

I've got a full-time career, friends and family that I always make time for, an active social life, etc... but I still busted my and became a top ranked berserker in addition to all those things. Time is a valuable commodity to me these days, so I tend not to waste any. When I log into the game, it's to get something done. So no, I don't think a guy who just rolled a BER to hop on the decap bandwagon a few months ago, does nothing but farm HA's or the like, and just happens to play the same amount of hours per week as me is entitled to my gear. I'm sorry but your argument just really irritates me... it reeks of laziness.
    Genoane, Jalir and Sheex like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

For all the angry/jealous/righteous people: 'hidden loot pinata phs' have been identified in THREE different HA's now. Still think it's an exploit? :D
    Ayoheee likes this.
  14. Gortar Augur

Phrett, Your opinion is not unwarranted at all. We are all allowed to disagree on things. I personally love checking out the hardcore gamers that manage to become the top of anything (leader board, plat, achievements, etc.). Whatever makes you enjoy the game is a worthy goal. We likely won't ever agree on what makes us enjoy the game, and frankly that's fine with me :)
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It reminds me of the negatives about unions. I'm here therefore reward me! Whereas anywhere else that mentality is a pink slip in the making...
  16. Sinestra Augur

Since it has just been locked down and removed I don't think it is possible to tell one way or another at this point.
  17. Edrick Augur

You really think Everquest should lose a developer at this point in its life? Especially over this? Developers are the rarest loot in the game right now.
  18. Falos Augur

This is probably one of the biggest misleading grey areas in recent EQ history, I'm glad something official was finally done. mixed messages in this thread and everything lead to a lot of confusion. I know axxius reported it as well and I know several players that were actively working on testing and trying to reproduce the steps to include in a report to the devs (something I did as well)

Overall I originally thought axxius was trolling and such but it turned out he was not and it probably was a good thing that he made such a public spectacle out of the situation because it actually lead to a handful of players not purely seeking loots to work together and actually figure out the mechanics of the thing so that they could inform the devs and hopefully prevent mistakes like this from happening in the future.

Personally I think the NPC shoulda been disabled sooner but i suppose better late than never with only a handful of people farming leet lewtz in secret.
  19. Falos Augur

If anything we should GAIN a developer so that oversights like this have a lower chance of occuring!
    Rouan and Edrick like this.
  20. Porterz73 Augur

It
    It is an exploit even by a very loose definition. Anyone who took advantage of a problem to the level you claim to have, deserves a Roll Back and a sizeable suspension. I will leave it to the Devs to decide who gets what they deserve.
    Crystilla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.