Update Bugs 10/10/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

I don't recall the name, but that's the only spell my merc would cast over and over. If spell damage focus/bonus doesn't affect it, then what's the point of spell damage bonus at all? It's just like giving extra heal amount armor to a healer merc and not getting more healing power.
    Can be debatable, but Reinvigorating Steel doesn't or shouldn't require the mob to have anyone targeted. It's a self-heal proc spell for Paladins.
  2. BoomWalker Augur

This seems "as intended" because the HAs are for 95-100. It is a bad design but still seems "as intended" so...they are a nice idea poorly executed so far...
  3. Doigh New Member

Then why allow for them to be requested at level 85?
  4. BoomWalker Augur

That has been raised in some thread as a good question....no dev response yet.
    Doigh likes this.
  5. Gladare Augur

Not really, when you stun a mob as the initial aggro, no one pops into its target until the stun wears off. Easily testable with HoTT.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

New Welcome Screen is running hot. I'm fairly sure it's the smoke effects on the torches.

Can we get a toggle for these? Smoke/fog effects have always been problematic for me from a performance standpoint, even on fairly high-end systems.
  7. Uxtalzon Augur

You sure about that? I can stun a mob right now, and it shows me as its target immediately. It's how I usually pull when I want my merc to blast a mob down before it gets to me. It's on extended target, has me targeted, aggro, merc is nuking.
  8. Dimencia Journeyman

Merc AA Requirement Malfunction....
    Steadfast Resolve: REQ L62, Improved Melee Defense L9
    Improved Melee Defense .... Rank 6, REQ L65, Rank 7 REQ L70, Rank 8 REQ 75.....

(for those not understanding, you must be L80 to buy a required L62 ability...)

Now Healing Acumen only requires 5 ranks of Improved spell resistance, if Steadfast Resolve only requires 5 ranks of IMD that would return the IMD need to L60 vs 80...

*btw the grind for these merc aa's is horrid: 60 down who knows how many to go...
    *at least mission rewards grant a boost...
  9. Naugrin Augur

I put this in last patch's thread but just incase it's not being looked at...

Eradicate magic aa doesnt work. It casts but doesn't dispel anything.
  10. Xirtket Augur

Maybe I should have posted these in this forum:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-faction-message-tonight.204346/#post-3004877
    which is:
    [Mon Oct 14 00:18:02 2013] Your faction standing with KOS All PC And Beta Neutral got worse.
    Got this during the "They've gone too far this time" task.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/weird-pet-behavior.204148/

Which is: pet behaving oddly, ignoring focus/ghold commands.

Also sometimes the merc count down timer shows 0:00 when he just died. that's with a custome UI, with the only custom parts being old spell gems, actions window and target ring
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

They're Everywhere! - mobs do a "simultaneous attack" and come from each of the four caves... but they're all high HP mobs that hit very hard. They'll literally slaughter the bixie guards and no amount of tanking/damage players can defend with, the mobs eventually ball up and steamroll EVERYTHING up the queen, including players.

Spider matriarchs in this task that spawn little hatchlings have immense hitpoints, like 20 million or some ridiculous amount. Takes 3 minutes to beat just one down, but in this all-out attack there were at least FIVE of them. One cave had 5-6 hardened veterans, high HP bixies that hit for 19k.

Mobs that come from the water just warp back and forth from the water to the barricades up top. They don't path their way up which they should do.

This task is a total buggy crapfest.

Edit: forgot to add, the matriarchs spawn hatchlings non-stop when they sit there at the Queen, and they give great AA exp. Getting loads of AAs here just killing hatchlings. Exploitable? You be the judge.
  12. Uxtalzon Augur

Can't edit last post, continued:

We finally began chipping away at mobs, but we're 13/18 killed and all mobs are dead. Three treants converted into grateful treants, and 2 assassins converted. That means we can't finish the task, after all that crap we had to go through. FREAKING BRILLIANT!
  13. Axxius Augur

BW They Are Everywhere: healing the same unconscious bixies more than once (after they get punked again) results in the final report sounding like this: "we had 20 bixies ingured, and you healed 25 of those" :D
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

/sigh can't edit past 30 minutes... again.

We tried They're Everywhere! again, and a clicknar "drum hunter" was already at the water's edge fighting before we even started anything. Killed him, "task update". Several waves went by, then another "defend everywhere" part, and count 'em THREE Bixiefoot come running down the forest path alone. We tried killing them before the two other gangs below wrecked their way up... not gonna happen, mobs have too many HP. So again, an entire force of 18 mobs barrels down on us, the cliknar again warping to the queen area.

Just how more broken can this task get? lol
  15. Axxius Augur

Interesting... How much dps does your group have?
    Also, in my instance Bixiefoots were conveniently perma-mezzed by Naturalist and her friends until I got there. :)

I have to agree that waves of enemies coming from multiple caves when you only get an emote to reinforce one is wrong. You have no way of knowing what other places you need to defend, even if you had enough dps to defend more than one at a time.

And mobs coming out of the water insta-warping all the way to the top is definitely a bug.
  16. bilorre New Member

any update on Heart of Fear, GLimpse raid?
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Chronomage armor

Got expansion memmed the book and made 3 sets of this armor 1 for me and I was gonna sell the rest and lo and behold it says its no trade. On lucy there tradeable. I also made some of the new jewelry and there tradeable. thinking it must be a bug.

Andarriel
  18. Xirtket Augur

19. Gr8fuldave Augur

Mark of Travel AA shares a timer with Teleport Bind AA. Hopefully this isn't intended. The Stone of Marking does not fire TB so I'm guessing it is a bug.
    Dzarn likes this.
  20. xtsgt New Member

Bug caused by update?

DoN cultural armor combine for template no longer working.

Specifically, Dwarf simple template helm combine gets 'not in that container type' error. Checked previous successful recipe (glove template) for variance - correct items were used for new template (helm).