Update Bugs 10/10/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Axxius Augur

Dzarn is pulling a Rtugok - insta fixing all bugs he sees. :cool:
    Ishtass, Bauer and Crystilla like this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because they are within 15 levels of the top end of the expansion's target.
    It has always been the case that long duration stuns prevent the mob from getting or changing a target; instant duration stuns don't have this issue.
  3. Dzarn Developer

Passing this along to be looked into.
  4. Explicit Augur

Dzarn for president~
    Stac likes this.
  5. BoomWalker Augur

Gonna be a tough sale...his animal cruelty (through hats!) is gonna cost him a lot of the Pandaria crowd...
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Necro Perfected Dead Man Floating and Perfected Dead Men Floating AAs block some other forms of levitation:

[31549] Perfected Dead Man Floating
    Classes: NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 3s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 16:39:54 (9999 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Enduring Breath
    2: See Invisible
    3: Levitate
    4: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Levitate' and < 3
    7: Increase Poison Resist by 70
    Text: You become like the dead.
    Grants your target the power of the dead, including levitation, increased poison resistance, water breathing, and the ability to see invisible creatures.

[40919] Perfected Dead Men Floating
    Classes: NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 3s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 16:39:54 (9999 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Enduring Breath
    2: See Invisible
    4: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Levitate' and < 3
    7: Increase Poison Resist by 70
    Text: You become like the dead.
    Grants your target the power of the dead, including levitation, increased poison resistance, water breathing, and the ability to see invisible creatures.

I double checked to see if this blocking was necessary because the spell has no time limitation. I found that other forms of perfected levitation do not have that blocking:

[16226] Perfected Levitation
    Target: Self
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Text: Your feet leave the ground.
    This ability grants you a perfected ability to Levitate on demand.

[13994] Group Perfected Levitation
    Target: Caster Group
    AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 3 is 'Levitate' and < 1
    Text: Your feet leave the ground.
    This ability grants you a perfected ability to Levitate on demand.

There may be another reason why this is necessary, but I don't know of any. The only reason I discovered this was when I tried to give someone Flight of Eagles and it would not land on them. Is this a bug or was a decision made that if you want Perfected DMF you must do without eagles?
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Extremely minor bug with logging:

[Fri Oct 18 19:09:20 2013] You told Someone, 'minium 35&PCT; raid attendance is expected for raiders.'

It should have recorded, "minium 35% raid raid attendance is expected for raiders."
  8. Axxius Augur

That's been there forever. Non-HTML-safe characters are replaced with the HTML-safe syntax (&lt; &gt; &pct; etc) in the log for some reason. And audio triggers with those symbols don't work for the same reason.

Would be nice to have it fixed one day, sure.
  9. telechir Elder

The "fatigue/apathy/langur/etc" line of shaman buffs are misfiring when the mercs (usually tank) use a discipline. Instead of procing a slow onto the mob they are fighting and a heal onto themselves, the slow is procing onto the merc. The slow debuff is displayed in the merc buff window, and the new merc tab shows their haste dropping 25%. I would guess the heal is not landing on them correctly either but as it goes to the short term buffs window I can not be certain.

This problem seems to persist after the discipline has faded; the buff continues to slow the merc instead of the mobs.

Also, does regen have no effect on mercenaries? Their displayed regen in the mercenary tab does not show any increase from regen buffs.

Also, the new ranks of Ancestral Aid now prevent Union of Spirits from landing.
    It's very bad to hit Ancestral Aid on the group to DPS, then need a big fast heal but Union won't land.

Also, the dots with the damage recourse on fade (ex. Nectar of Sholoth, Nectar of Sholoth) still are not stacking as they are supposed to.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

Lingering Essence of Cazic-Thule still shows no cooldown timer (red color on icon) and some of the text has weird numbers like "I will find you, 11+7%(11), and I will kill you."

Dear SoE, please give Dzarn a pay raise.
  11. Explicit Augur

12. Explicit Augur

I may have spoken too quickly in my above post. Seems to have been a fluke occurrence, feel free to delete that post and this one.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Instances on AB are extremely slow to load up and allow players entry, that includes raids, missions, guild halls and the neighbourhoods.

15 mins after trying to click into the neighbourhood my other half rebooted and when he came back he was still in the guild hall.

There is also lots of lag where you cannot cast anything, but you can still move. I thought I was LDing but after about 30 seconds it goes back to normal. I'm not the only one having these issues.
  14. Rashari Elder

Can we please have someone looking into this, lag is getting worse again and having
    a current expansion with instanced Heroic Adventures where the most challenging part
    is getting into the instance...not good :/
  15. Falos Augur

BTW dzarn, I saw you mentioned the ganak raid is fixed to require less people, can you apply this same fix to the rallos returns raid since it no longer matters if people solo or group that one as well?

Oh and these three changes arent quite as quick but i'll mention em anyway because they'd be nice.

1.Can you make it so the Kaesora Council raid doesnt need to have all the good council members balanced down to like 5 percent before killing them, it's extremely easy to unintentionally kill them before all 4 are to 5 percent health.

2. rottrued the twisted raid, can you remove the time mechanic that requires all the camps to be killed within like a minute of each other, in its current form the raid isnt really soloable because you need to coofrindate like 7 or 8 different people, one in each camp to trigger the 2nd phase

3. this one has been complained about (rightfully so) for a long time, Solteris 3. Could you remove the health balance penalty for failure and/or make it so killing the failure golems trigger a win?
  16. Singerman New Member

Origins of the Curse quest is loading a Nest instanced that has the west tunnels all blocked off, making it impossible to complete the quest needed for DoN progression.

Mobs appear to be spawning correctly within the zone, just the hard layout is wrong.
  17. Uxtalzon Augur

Quick follow-up on merc caster gear:

Logged in, first fight when merc cast a nuke, his damage was 172771, up from 115-somethingsomething, a 49% increase, which the spell damage modifier from the gear is 49. It only worked for the very first cast, the rest were the same, unmodified damage after that. Also, I dismissed my previous mercenary and got a new one and that started happening. So it seems to only work *once* then reverts/discards any bonus. lol
  18. Ranpha Augur

Don't know if this was posted, but dropping down the hole in Shard's Landing to zone to Sepulcher didn't work for me today twice (and didn't try a third time). I also saw a corpse down there at the bottom (so I guess it didn't work for that person either).
  19. guado Augur

Not sure if this has been posted (to copy the guy above me) but the crafted Etherbolt Rings have a clicky nuke that does not appear to work. They are also not lore and not attuneable...
  20. guado Augur