Update Bugs 10/10/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

In the N4th mission "Houses of Thex"

If you need to evac for whatever reason, it takes you to a point in zone behind a door that is only there for the instance and you cannot return to the mission area unless you zone out and then back in from Prince Thex in non-instanced N4th.
    Dzarn likes this.
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Raid Task: Field of Scale - Final Confrontation....

This still requires 12 or 16 people to be in zone to open the chest. This is easily group-able now, can be done with even less with the right class make-up.

I don't really know of any other raid that is penalized after such a long content gap (SoD, UF, HoT, VoA, RoF, CoTF) for number requirement (ESPECIALLY since the tweaks were made with the mobs summoning from 100% and not being able to round up the dragons and gang up on all the spawns together).

I think this was an oversight in the patch notes for CoTF. *nods*

Please remove the minimum nearby group members to open the chest, as it is a highly sought after instance for only 1 specific drop.
    Dzarn likes this.
  3. The Drood Elder

Can get the Cloth Cap items that are dropping in Heroic adventure tasks fixed tot he correct items.
  4. BoomWalker Augur

I am making a killing selling those cloth caps...can't we keep them in game so I can retire early?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Prince Tarant Thex in Neriak 4th does not show up on /find. He is the quest giver for the group mission "Houses of Thex".
    Dzarn likes this.
  6. Hamshire Augur

Neriak Queen castle pathing

Neriak Queen castle has some of the worst pathing ive seen in EQ history, you aggro a mob and if it leaves contact with you when trying to pull it in it runs the opposite direction, to make it worse the castle is shoulder to shoulder mobs so when this happens your dead. To make things EVEN worse, if a mob get social aggro while trying to pull a mob next to it in "the Queens castle is two floors" if on the bottom floor they warp up to the top floor onto the queen, she then summons you up and insta-kills you, if on the top floor and this happens they warp to the bottom floor and just train the whole castle on you.

Progression server AG north Dyn`leth's Army bugged

Trueshots on wave 3 are randomly insta-killing people with what looks like an aoe hail of arrows that hitting between 20-30k, its been like this the past two weeks with the release of CotF.
    Dzarn likes this.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Bixie Raid is crashing people. Usually happens whenever persistent effects (auras) are implemented. Probably 10 crashes per attempt on this raid only in our raid.
  8. Axxius Augur

Oh, you mean these new spells created for the raid and mission The Doomscale Horde and flagged to be usable by any ranger NPC lv 68 and up (because they were copied off the lv 68 ranger spell with the same name)? :D

[41024] Hail of Arrows
    Classes: RNG/68
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 350
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 300', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 5, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Targets: 8
    1: Decrease Current HP by 31595 per tick

[41028] Hail of Arrows
    Classes: RNG/68
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 350
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 300', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 5, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Targets: 8
    1: Decrease Current HP by 24400 per tick

That must be awesome at lv 70-75! :D Try the MPG trial of Corruption too.
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Nenton Augur

Yeah, had someone say a mob in Loping Planes hit them with the new version too.
    Dzarn likes this.
  10. Hamshire Augur

This appears to be happening with all ranger type mobs. A search on Lucy for the spell reveals this:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=41028

Since NPCs can use this and it is only level 68, which is notably lower than it should be, mobs in older eras are able to do substantially higher damage than they're supposed to.
    Dzarn likes this.
  11. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Knights are having abilities drop extremely important disc because of stacking.

Unholy Guardian Discipline Rk. III | Visage of Death
    Description | Description
    1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 36% | 1: Add effect: Visage of Death Effect
    2: Decrease All Skills Damage Modifier by 60% | 2: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 245%
    3: Decrease Chance to Critical Hit by 10% with All Skills |
    4: Add effect: Unholy Guardian Effect III |

**I recommend either making it so that you cannot activate one or the other pending which is running first (un-wanted), OR make it so that the game does a little math and subtracts 60% (negative penalty from Unholy) from 245% (bonus from Visage of Death)

Additionally:

Slot 3: Decrease Chance to Critical Hit by 10% with All Skills ||||| Cleave IX - 40Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 360% with 2H Blunt

-----------I don't know if we are losing out on Cleave altogether while under this disc too because of the same issue, I have not parsed it as of yet. I plan to though.

&

Slot 4: Add Effect: Unholy Guardian Effect ||| Unity of the Courageous Rk. IIIAdd Effect: Spirit of Dauntlessness Rk. III

------------I don't know for sure if receiving shaman buffs while under this disc strip this portion of the disc either. Also need to test that.

*Just loaded in shaman. Unity does not cause any issues with any portion of the disc.

* I think Sallies have the same issue going on with Holy Guardian and their offensive ability Valor Rage. I haven't loaded mine to check, but I assume the same thing was done to their disc / AA.
    Dzarn likes this.
  12. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Shroud of the Miracle from clerics quiet miracle goes to the short duration window.

Since this was designed to keep people from being able to chain receive it, it doesn't do a very good job. You can zone and it goes away because of the short duration window.

The intended lockout per person is 5 minutes, you can zone out and come back in 30 seconds, or evac, levant, succor, egress, etc.... in 10 seconds. Most raid zones the levant location is right by where the raid functions, which means you would really lose nothing.
    Dzarn likes this.
  13. Explicit Augur

[38247] Imperator's Command
    4: Increase AC by 100

This does not stack with these two spells below and has not since it was introduced, this renders the AA 100% unusable in all facets of game play.

[34146/4506] Certitude Rk. II
    4: Increase AC by 380
    [34126/4503] Ward of the Reverent Rk. III
    4: Increase AC by 315

The reason we were given for these spells not stacking is that:

ELIDROTH's response:
    "It's not for raids. I said this last expansion as well. It's SPECIFICALLY for group players."

I am posting this here in hopes that someone reads this and understands that with the way this AA is currently implemented, it is USELESS for ALL PLAYERS (raid and group alike).

Certitude is the most used buff in the game, especially for group players. If you don't have Certitude on you likely have Ward, which also prevents Imperator's Command from landing.

If the spell slot for the AC could be moved to a different slot or removed entirely, it would allow warriors to use this group buff. We have requested this change for quite some time now, it would be greatly appreciated if the issue was looked into.
    Dzarn likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

10 sec zoning time in a raid instance in the middle of the event? You wish.
    Leaving the fight for 30+ sec completely defies the purpose of receiving QM. Nothing wrong with going to short buff window.
  15. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I don't really care either way. Just bringing up things I see. It's not really for you to decide what gets done with the AA anyways. And yea, if there's a wall, its just like gating to the lobby. 10 seconds is not unreasonable depending on the distance from the event and geometry in between.

Also, getting 30k mana in 30+ sec as you put it does not completely defy the purpose of getting QM. The purpose for the buff is rapid mana regeneration. The purpose of the lasting effect is to block multiple uses on the same target for rapid mana regen.

What other targetable player use ability in game will give you 60k mana in 1 minute or less while in combat? 90k for 1:30?

If it's kept the way it is, good for clerics and those who receive QM. If it's not.... you won't have to worry about it happening 3 years down the road like Deathbloom.
  16. Naugrin Augur

I forgot to post this the other day. I was doing the HA "They've Gone Too Far This Time."

When I killed the enraged bixies, I took a faction hit to "KOS All PC and Beta Neutral."
  17. Stac Elder

CotF Crafted Armor is still listed as "Nodrop" on FV Server.

This is from a post in the "New CotF Tradeskills Site" thread in the Veteran's Lounge:

Dzarn likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

Dzarn likes this.
  19. Dzarn Developer

This will be fixed in the next full patch. Each rank will now accurately describe the crit chance, crit damage, increase in mana cost and total amount of spell and melee protection offered by the buff.

This should be fixed in the next full patch. The safe location for the mission and raid have been moved to the same location you are sent when you request entry to the event from the Prince.

This has been changed for the next full patch. The will now open if you have a minimum of 12 people in the zone -or- VOA has been open for one month on your server, in which case it will open for one person.

This will be fixed in the next full patch.

This should be fixed in the next full patch.

This has been passed along to be looked into.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This will be changed to a standard buff slot effect in the next patch.

This should be changed next patch. The AC component for both ranks of this ability will now reside in Slot 7. [Stacking comparison]

This should be fixed in the next full patch.

This has been passed along to be looked into.
    Ishtass, Toquillaw, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Posting this in this thread as well.

[40187/5564] Remote Moonfire
    Classes: DRU/99
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 1928
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -120
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 24s, Timer: 11, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 8850
    2: Cast: Moonfire Enervation
    Text: You are chilled by a frigid moonbeam.

This is currently on the fire resist. It shouldn't be on the same resist as Remote Sunfire, which is Fire -600.

ps. It shouldn't be on the same timer either. /winkwink
    guado and Dzarn like this.