Hero's Forge Armor - Reforged and Better than Ever!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Phathom Champion

Hey all!

Next week, we will be patching in the Reforged Hero's Forge Armor. We worked extremely hard on the details to make sure that it fit better to the characters and we made some enhancements on the color, shape and texture where we thought it was needed.

During this process, we ran into many different scenarios on why someone would want the original styles still available to use. Many arguments for and against ensued :) Nevertheless, we settled with allowing you to have both if you so desired. So, if you have any Hero's Forge Armor on your character or in your inventory, it will show up as the original style. To change it to the Reforged/New style, right click the item and it will automatically swap appearances. So that means, if you are wearing it, you will have to take the item and place it in an open inventory spot and then right click it to change appearances. Then place it back on your character and "Wah-Lah!" done! You can do this as many times that you like with each item to play around with your character's appearance.

So if you haven't checked the Reforged appearances on the Test Server yet, you still can before we have our game update next week.

Also, we have a brand new set we are introducing that is based on the Shissar storylines launched with the Shadow of Fear game update. Have a look at a few of the screenshots and let us know what you think.

TO SEE THE SHOTS - CLICK ON MY TWITTER FEED ON THE RIGHT SIDE of the FORUMS TO SEE the LATEST IMAGES
    Thank you in advance for checking this out.

Thom "Phathom" Terrazas
    artofnoise and Tarvas like this.
  2. SpamFactory Augur

thanks for letting us have a choice between old and new.

there are a lot of new ones I like, but there are some old versions I still prefer (mainly plate sets)
    Phathom likes this.
  3. Phathom Champion

that's what we heard from many people. So we made it as easy as we could towards the end of this process. Thank you!
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

The twitter thing on the main page isn't working for me, so I had to google it to see the pics.

What I saw looks pretty good, but I noticed that there weren't any robes linked. Will there be slimmed down robes in this patch too, or are only the other sets getting a make over?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Now if we could just get robes for those sets that are missing them...
    Potawatomi and Mary Poppins like this.
  6. Tegila Augur

thank you so much for allowing the originals to also be used, the color changes were my biggest concern and the fits in some cases were needed to be larger format (though others were useless larger so glad for the change) now if you can just allow all to use the robes, and make chain and plate itnerchangeable like leather and silk, it'll be a bigger "Voila" to the sales of the HF ability itself :O

thank you for this, my druid will be playing dressup soon, again lol (rest of my toons are all locked into plate or chain and thus all stuck with no choices so she gets all teh fun, i'd get HF on all my toons if i could add the same flexibility)

p.s. any possibility of an all-account flag for HF option? like you have buy 1 or buy 3 or 5 for merc slots and other things, im sure some would love a way to buy for their whole account rather than 1 at a time. even if it's 6k sc, basicly buy 5 chars get the rest free (most still only have 8 but some up to 14) wouldnt e something i'd personally use but have seen many ask for such
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When are the robes going to be finished?
    Potawatomi and Mary Poppins like this.
  8. Artemis-Entreri Augur

Reforged is looking great! Any chance we can get some extra pics of the new "Shissar" styled armor? Was kind of hard to make out details in the group armor pic.
  9. Nolrog Augur

These are significantly improved. Wow.

They have all the links on the EQ Resource main page, so you can get them quickly there instead of going thru the twitter feed.
  10. Riou EQResource

From the final pic Phathom tweeted of the set, the left most one looks to be a leather (or cloth?) Variety of it, we tweeted Phathom about the gold-ish looking ones with the Horn and he said that was also part of the Shissar set so that is likely the Plate (or chain?) version
  11. Braveheart Augur

12. Toquillaw Augur

Wow, these look far better than the previous ones. But, I could also see wanting to mix and match the appearance by piece with the older style.

And as said above, the price is still an issue since it isn't for all characters on an account.
    beryon and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  13. NaVi7512 Elder

Too dark to see any detail ...

Curious if u guys plan to open this to player studio ...
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Moklianne Augur

Very nice, this is how it should have originally been, IMO. Well done.
  15. Explicit Augur

Well, can't say it looks any better for male dark elf plate users but at least all the other mixes are looking pretty darn nice.

Edit: It might just be that that particular set looks kinda...ew. Not a fan of the wings. Guess I'll find out when patch hits if I'll be acquiring this feature or not (the only once per character thing is still a HUGE turn off and has thus far prevented me from buying Hero's Forge).

That being said, are the "preview" versions of the new HF stuff bugged/glitched? Almost every piece of armor was clipped inside my "naked" clothes.
  16. Angahran Augur

Looking at the pics posted in the test update thread, it looks like most of the detail from the original Bloodforged and Nobles BPs got lost somewhere.
    The Nobles looks almost entirely plain blue.
    I like the slimmed down look but not at the expense of looking like someone spray painted me all one colour.
  17. KC13 Augur

Ugly in any size or color is still ugly......
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

How about making it easy to buy?

$12 for "a part of an expansion" sounds reasonable until you realize it's $12 per character! $120 for 10 characters on the same account is completely unreasonable!

I'm still waiting for bulk pricing before purchasing.
    [IMG]
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This x1000. Making it per character is totally unreasonable. It should be all or nothing. I would have gladly paid a slightly higher price to make it per account. As it is now I have it on my main and I refuse to buy it for any other character.
    beryon, Silenceisgolden and Sinestra like this.
  20. Leerah Augur

Where's their frigging necks?!!!