Hero's Forge Armor - Reforged and Better than Ever!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jonny Panic Augur

I also agree that Hero's Forge needs to apply to the entire account, not just a per-character purchase.

I'd buy it if it were for the account, but as it is I'm still going to pass.
    Fenudir likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Shoulders are still a bit big, but it is pretty nice over all, also glad that the new Shissar ones are pretty much trade-able at all steps since people will be over farming Ssra for them probably :p.

Making them is pretty easy too (we put up a front page news update on EQ Resource on how to make the new Shissar pieces: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=1786.0 )
  3. Kyreth Elder

I love the updated look of the armor, and the fact that my Cleric can now wear both chain and plate - thank you!! My only problem now is that if I want to own all of the sets I can wear, it will take up 168 slots in my inventory, bank, house, whatever! Please, please, please can you make some way to either collapse all seven items of a set into one item when not in use, or come up with a special storage system for it, or even huge bags that can only hold armor ornaments? They take up so much space..
  4. Jilarak Elder

its great that the heros forge was revamped and all but..what about robe wearer's??
    any new robe's coming at all?..show us robe wearer's some love
    Potawatomi and Mary Poppins like this.
  5. Ishtass Augur

Robes didn't suffer the same problem as the other pieces, nothing to change unless you want a bulky robe added.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

I agree with Jil. My HS robe still makes me look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, so it's back in the bank. :(

I'm also taking back my "like" from Thom. He can have it back when they make my wizard unfat.
  7. Mary Poppins Augur

You just like that my wizard looks ridiculous in the things. :mad:
    Sinestra and Ishtass like this.
  8. Mandelbrot Lorekeeper

Whoa, I had no idea this was true. I was actually going to purchase today, but 1200 points per character is too much in my eyes. Thanks for the warning.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Jilarak Elder

i want more robes added ..is cool they fixed the armor and they all look really nice now..however
    some new robes added into the mix would be pretty awesome..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Fenudir Augur

I have to admit that the new look seems slightly anorexic to me but that may simply be a reaction to my being used to the old set being overly puffy. Overall a great improvement -- though did we have to keep the 1980s era shoulder pads?
  11. Tegila Augur

they still have the greasy oilslick look to the plate, which sucks, and the "red" sets, bloodforged, insidious, and auburn, all are miscolored in relation to how they appear on chain leather and cloth, which sucks if you were wanting to mix n match them. they come out pink of various hues on plate, while theyre more orange-red on the other 3 types. i am quite happy with the flagging for plate/chain to be interchangeable at least and the option to use old or new looks.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Agreed
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

New plate on humans looks awful. I'm reminded of Conan O'Brien wearing jeggings.

It looks painted on, with humungous shoulder pads thrown on top.
  14. Sinestra Augur

How does it look on human females? Human plate looked terrible to begin with. On my SK it looked like she had big boots, painted on pants, and someone's trashcan around her torso. And that was before HF.
  15. Jondalar Augur

As a chain class why do i have to look like I'm wearing yoga pants?
    I'm a shaman. I don't want to look like a ranger. Where's my bloody kilt?
  16. Xikteny Augur

The work done on the other armor types is a nice improvement from what I've looked at. I'd also like to see similar work done to the robes.

(and more robes plz :D)
    Axxius and Mary Poppins like this.
  17. Cocosu New Member

What I did'nt care for is paying 1200 SC for something only I see Myself,
  18. Fenudir Augur

OK, I've spent a good portion of today with the new look. I have one question? Who chose to go with the anorexic runway model look?

Here's what the old Valiant plate looks like
    [IMG]

and here's what the new Valiant looks like
    [IMG]

Now I'm the first to agree that the color saturation and textures have been noticeably improved and that the art department should get kudos for that but why do our toons who are supposed to be heroic characters have to choose between an ate-too-many-Bon-Bons look or a for-all-that's-holy-eat-a-cheeseburger look?

I know that the folks in SOEs art department can do better than this. We've seen it repeatedly in game. I know that a lot of work was put into the new look and I really hate to poop all over it on the first day but during all the meetings didn't one person stand up and say "maybe we made them too skinny."? C'mon. You're better than this.
  19. Ishtass Augur

Eh, I know it's plate and all, and should probably fall somewhere between, but I really like the new look.
    Sinestra likes this.
  20. Axxius Augur

Yes they did. HF robes look appropriate only for Velious or Everfrost, they seem to be designed for extreme cold climate.

[IMG]

And the other problem is that they all look too similar. There is almost no variety. The other pieces were made really good looking in this patch. Now we need the same done for robes, and to have a robe made for each HF armor set.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  21. Rashari Elder

Uhm, yah..what to say.
    Ebon Cloth for Drakkin:
    Wearing the wrists makes me look like a bee who had been collecting
    pollen all day long - what this bee brings home, sticking to her feet, sticks to
    my wrist.
    The shoulders are still way too 80*ies and huge.

When seeing High-Elves and Humans in HF, I am tempted to forcefeed them,
    they all look like suffering from Anorexia...

When mixing HF and normal look (i.e. wearing chest with HF ornament), rest none -
    you have double huge shoulderpads.

I hope quality process on Hero's Forge is not yet closed, looks like a lot of work still.

And on a sidenote: It would be nice if not everyone would have to walk around like
    a tincan. Nice on melees, but casters could get some more love (Robes, with some sort of
    cleavage, for example...for example the Augment stocking armor from Master Hunter in SL again...
    (Who designed that? Push him / her into the HF ship..can only get better!)