Hero's Forge Armor - Reforged and Better than Ever!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Cakvala Augur

I like the improvements, their are some already reported bugs with sleeves / shoulder connection. Here is the basic hero forge cloth. I really don't for the helm part. :)

[IMG]
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Also when they say take the piece off they mean remove the ornamentation from the armor and right click IT; it will go from Old XXXXX Ornamentation to XXXXX Ornamentation.

When they first released the Robes, the general consensus was that they looked like bathrobes; they were refined a bit to look less like bathrobes. Now that they have the slimming process it would be cool if they were to take a little time and similarly slim down the existing robes.

Though I think that all who do use robes would be even more excited to see more Robes in general.

PS - Thinking for the future, any chance that we could get TS'd armor ornaments that give the appearance of various old armor looks? And like maybe have different color options for the various Robe patterns used; for example have the Anguish Monk Robe pattern in different colors. After all I know that there were limited number of robe patterns used and generally what made them look different was different color combinations.

Oh and also fix whatever it is that is keeping our boot and pants (well at least our boot) ornamentations from showing while wearing a robe.
  3. Therisa Elder

Have to say I like what I'm seeing on the shissar armor, especially the chain and plate. Actually looks like armor and isn't super shiny. Hopefully the first of many sets like this.
  4. Angahran Augur

The shissar looks pretty good.
    Gotta say though that the Insidious plate looks very pink compared to the cloth, leather and chain.

Now, if they could come up with some way to let us dye the base armour and the highlights independantly (or even just dye the base armour and keel the highlights the same) that would be great.
  5. A-Quad Augur

+100 shoulderpads. because higher is better.
  6. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

Yes I did, and unless my eyes are very old, I don't see any difference, or if there is one on my female HE it is not noticeable from before.
  7. artofnoise Augur

Aside from some outstanding glitches with certain race/armor combos, this "reforge" is a VERY welcome update. Thank you!

There is one minor global issue with the reforge: Inspecting items from Bazaar vendors. Many players have the "Old ..." items for sale and you cannot view them as new unless you purchase it. Over time this may not be much of an issue, but it might be nice to have a default setting for viewing HF armor augments. Like a toggle to see "only old" or "only new HF items". Even better would be a way to view entire sets in one click, but that might take some serious work behind the scenes.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Melanippe Augur

Sorry guys, but it still looks as if a 12yr old with a Tron fetish and a box of crayolas did the artwork while on a Twinkie high. No offense intended to truly talented 12yr olds.
  9. Treesong Elder

I want to say that I think the reforge is fantastic. It most definately is for a Leatherwearing Troll, who had such extremely limited leather-looks to begin with (um, like 2?) When I first heard of Hero's Forge armor I was exited. However, when I put on my bundle of armor on my Troll, it looked absolutely ridiculous: my Troll head almost completely disappeared into the humongous pauldrons, all the rest was extremely bloated and did not fit the somewhat odd stance of a Troll at all, and the graphics seemed a bit washed out.

But now my Troll looks completely different, I can't wait to loot and try on other stuff. I was so sick of the simple leather "strap-look"....... now we can call Hero's Forge an actual feature! Well done, devs. Here is a pic of the new look (unfortunately do not have the old look):
    [IMG]
    Cakvala and Sinestra like this.
  10. Phrett Augur

You need to trim those toenails... they completely ruined the front of your boots
  11. Coltraine Journeyman

Yes, please. Even a generic, prismatic HF set would be wonderful. It wouldn't matter to me if it used existing prismatic dyes or something new.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

NO NO NO NO NO!

Future HF should not be sold in the marketplace, it cost far too much to have to pay for additional looks.
    Fenudir likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am of the opposite opinion. I believe HF should be both droppable, reward-able, and purchasable. I think unleashing Player Studio on HF could yield some fantastic looks.
  14. Sinestra Augur

I might agree if they didn't charge you to even use the system and charge you per character.
  15. Brosa Augur

Has the Dev team thought of weapon ornaments to go with the specific sets of hero's forge ornaments? That would be a good idea
  16. Sinestra Augur

That is something probably best left to the Player Studio.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No one is forcing players to purchase the system. A lot of time and effort went in to this system, it seems fair to pay for it.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Paying for the system is fine, paying extra to use items in the system is not.
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Sinestra Augur

Exactly as Yinla said. They aren't forcing people to purchase the system, but charging you to use the system on each character and then charging you for looks is a bit too far. Not sure what your point even was since no one is foolish enough to believe that anyone is forced to pay for the system.
  20. Braveheart Augur

I would like to see a steady flow of new armor's introduced. I know a monthly set would be a lot to ask, but one every other month would be nice. There is a lot of potential. Here are some examples.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]