YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    So here's the cover of my next book. Should be out in a few days. Lots of cameos in this one. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

*My reaction
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Justice League Files
    Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night

Descent into the Maelstrom Part 3

Enter: Planet Oa

The Green Lanterns, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Soranik Natu, and Kilowog, alongside the Star Sapphire, Miri and Munk of the Indigo tribe, fly over the central meeting hall within the tattered city now teeming with reinforcements from across the universe. Gardner spotting Sodam Yat, the Green Lantern of space sector 1760, as he passes by a group, “Sodam, how many?” The Lantern from Daxam replies, “I bring two hundred men from the outer sectors.” Nearby, Torquemada, the Green Lantern of space sector 3521, also reports in, “Kilowog, I have three hundred more from the southern sectors.”

[IMG]

Kyle with a grim look stops to contact the planetary citadel where Salaak alongside Ganthet and the Alpha Lanterns have begun to oversee the marshalling of the corps, “Salaak. Any word of the Lanterns from the eastern sectors?” The Lantern administrator replied, “Norchavius, the Green Lantern of space sector 0026, has just returned from there with one hundred men.” Surprised by the small number, Kyle asks, “Of the entire corps, how many Green Lanterns do we have remaining?” Salaak replying to Kyle answers, “Those who answered the code black across the sectors including those here on Oa and the ones currently fighting on Earth…there are 3,300 able-bodied corpsmen.”

Rayner quietly pondering responds, “Of the 7200…that’s less than half of what I’d hoped for…” Ganthet, trying to bolster hope joins the conversation, “Lantern Kyle. More will come. For brother Warth and sister Sersy are currently healing the injured Green Lanterns on Mogo. As soon as they’re done, you will have 50 good men.” Salaak in turn tells both Ganthet and Rayner, “We lost many corpsmen which I fear have all but increased the Black Lantern ranks. And as such, the power rings of the deceased Lanterns proceeded here for safekeeping. However, seeing our great need, I will send out existing power rings for the selection process to replace those we lost.” Worried, Kyle replies, “We can’t wait for the new recruits to be trained and combat ready. Every hour lost gives the Black Lanterns the advantage.”

Salaak realising what Kyle is saying, no matter the numbers, agrees that the corps must commit to war. However, it’s at that very moment, strange lightning begin to form various circular openings in mid-air, and in a sudden flare of light we see a group of figures in each dark purple sphere of energy that opens in an explosive thunderclap revealing members of the Indigo tribe led by Indigo-1, Carol Ferris, Sinestro, and Atrocitus, “Then there is no time to waste. It is time for the seven corps to shine their light brightly.”

Enter: Space

The cold white orb of the moon comes into frame, tranquil and calm, with the sun slowly rising over the horizon. Nearby however, the great battle continues with Superman being knocked back by bursts of energy as Scar demonstrates her power in a most violent confrontation. The man of steel trying to fight back, focuses his strength in order to push back, deflecting with his hands bolt after bolt of energy thrown at him by his opponent, “No! You’re not going to kill anyone. It stops here!” Superman charges at Scar head on with tremendous speed taking every blast from the corrupted Guardian, “All of my life I’ve considered life the greatest of all gifts. But you’re a blasphemy of life!” Amused, the scarred guardian stands her ground and replies, “Life? Son of El, you are mistaken. Life is nothing but chaos. The Guardians created the Green Lantern Corps to maintain order within that chaos. Yet, they we were blind to see the truth. But do not fret, for the darkness will bring balance with its mists of eternity.”

[IMG]

Back at the front, the struggle goes on for the defense team. With their combined effort, Starman, Mina, Remoni-Notra, Areto, Meroune, Hal Jordan, and John Stewart slice a path of sheer destruction through the Black Lanterns but the corrupted fight with equal brutality. The Star Sapphires and Green Lanterns all prove their absolute worth, blasting, hacking, and dodging, with zealous fire as they fight for their lives. Amidst the carnage, Starman finds he is separated from the others, with many corrupted surrounding him from all sides. As he fights, he looks for an advantage. For his allies. For anything. His moment of doom however is interrupted when the hero is saved by a blast from the Braidmen flagship that was able to break through and provide aid. The team surprised and slightly confused, are thankful for the assistance, however, Mina realizes that the ship is continuing its advance, heading straight towards the Black Lantern battery, “Nol…what are you doing?”

The flagship suddenly lists hard to port, dropping down until she’s almost upside down, coming at the Black Lanterns as they fire, missing the ship. At the bridge, Nol-Anj tells the helmsman, “Up 2 degrees! Evasive action!” as the ship ducks and weaves between dozens of blasts. The Black Lantern forces in turn charge towards them which causes Nol to order all gunners, “Intensify starboard firepower!” The ship is able to mow down some of the oncoming corrupted, but they begin instead circling around, and an air war begins, a frenzied, balletic ecstasy of destruction. The ship nearly makes it past them until some Black Lanterns close in, breaking through the ship’s beam shield and hitting the portside engine. Back at the bridge, Nol-Anj is alerted by the chaos and orders the ship’s engineer, “Eject the engine pod!” which separates from the ship and soon after explodes.

[IMG]

Everyone on the flagship is suddenly jolted by the blast while the helmsman struggles to control her. All the while, the corrupted horde continue to swoop down assaulting the midsection of the ship. The bridge now full of activity, begins to receive various damage reports which are relayed to their Khaleesi, “Engine output dropping. Auxiliary propellant tanks won’t open” and then another report, “Direct hit! Starboard bay gun out of action.” The Star Sapphire takes a moment and then stands up, telling one of her captains, “Karniss, you have the bridge,” and then activates the ships intercom, ““To all hands! Repel boarders. Prep for hand-to-hand combat!” With the order given, the entire ship mobilizes. Hatches spring open. Braidmen in their spacesuits leap out through the swirling fog, lit hellishly by the flashes of laser fire and grenades. With the odds against them, Nol-Anj’s soldiers engage the Black Lantern’s in the most fantastic space battle ever waged.

Seeing the Braidmen ship clear a path and gain the attention of all the Black Lanterns, Mina and the defense team take off after the ship to provide cover. However, within the ship, Braidmen troopers rush to take up positions, aiming their weapons toward areas where several Black Lanterns were able to breach. Tension mounted as loud metallic clanks and screams are heard until a tremendous blast opens up a hole, letting a score of corrupted make their way into the smoke-filled corridor. In that instant, the passageway is ablaze with laser-fire. The deadly bolts ricochet in wild random patterns creating huge explosions. The soldiers scatter and take cover as they exchange fire. The Star Sapphire, Nol-Anj, dashing past her Braidmen, battles her way and charges in, creating a wall construct that pushes the Black Lanterns back and out of the ship. Behind her, she quickly tells her crew to seal the breach as she takes the fight outside.

Meanwhile, near the Black Lantern central battery, Superman’s fight with the corrupted guardian continues to be one sided. For every time the man of steel uses his speed to reach her, Scar teleports away and counters with another bolt of energy, striking him. Scar then teleports behind Superman, mocking him, “What’s the matter? Is this all that you are capable of?” The hero, somewhat irritated, turns to use his heat vision. However, just like before, Scar puts up a barrier around herself which deflects the attack and in turn thrusts her palms outward towards Superman, blasting him with a surging energy wave that knocks the hero with such force, sending him crashing onto the surface of the nearby moon. With the bothersome hero out of the way, Scar sees that the Star Sapphire, Blaq, and Saint Walker took the opportunity to get to Captain Comet, “Fools. I have already told you. You sealed your own fates.” As the corrupted Guardian is about to attack them, she is hit by a green beam which is deflected off her barrier. Scar turns to see the Green Lantern, Kyle Rayner, alongside the united seven Lantern Corps, “You leave them alone.”

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Things have just got busy :)
    • Like x 1
  5. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

On break. Will read and post on this as soon as I get home.
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Epic and awesome!
    • Like x 2
  7. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Better late than never. Ok so first off let me just say thanks for including Sodam Yat in this. Amongst all the GL's he my personal fave. I really like his story and I'm hopeful he'll be included in a dcuo episode one day. Your strength in depicting large-scale battlescenes is obvious to readers and this one was no exception. You should forward some your sample work to Michael Bay and show how a proper epic battle is staged and not that mindless twaddle he churns out. Also . . . I'm giving you extra points for use of the words "balletic ecstasy". Very nice! :D Nice job Aurora, I'm looking forward to your next installment.
    • Like x 3
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Good or bad, it helps and certainly much appreciated. It took longer to post due to my work schedule but I did not want to miss a chance to share what I wrote. And I will be shelling out more once I finish editing and doing the finishing touches on the next parts. And speaking of which, Mina's story continues on the next part titled, A Storm Raging Through

[IMG]

• Like x 1
  9. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Bravo Nomad, Bravo. You hit it out of the park with this one. You nailed Bern's characters and those cameos with Constantine, the Oblivion bar, and then ending the part with the Legion of Superheroes :eek:. It was majestic. Now there was some minor grammar issues but overall the story flowed well and the comedic parts gave me a chuckle. I can't wait to see the next part. Top marks ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Well done. You only missed on one detail. Tanja’s a redhead, not a brunette :D
    • Like x 1
  12. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Much appreciated! :D I tried to be true to Bern's characters and hopefully he agrees. Thanks much!!
    • Like x 1
  13. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Now that you mention it I do now remember reading her story as a redhead. My bad. I'll update that flipbook when I get a chance. Thanks for letting me know. ;)
  14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

This was an awesome read friend, well done with it all around. The ways you jump from world to world and the future was nicely handled. The reuniting of Gallius and Manny was cool too, I kinda got the image of them going
    [IMG]
    The last part where Manny, Gallius and Voxel travel into the future and meet the new group of heros had me thinking "Justce League 3000" or something along those lines. Constantine is such a cool charcter and I am sad we don't see DC [not just DCUO] utilizing him more because I think there is some much you can play around there with him. Knowing what I know about the character I feel like you nailed it spot on with him, not just in his mannerisms but also how others would react/responde to him. Well done to you sir. As it pertains to my characters, first, thank you for taking an interest in them and incorporating them into your fine work. You did them more than justice. Syd, Ann and Hodges. Their respective personalities and mannerisms were just as envision them. I could also see Hodges munching on the pastry while some unknow force turned the pages. Hodges would totally just misplace an artifact like that in the closet next to some old running shoes, totally.

Ms. Benz, if/when you read this, I WILL get to read and offer my comments. Work and life have not afforded me much down time. But I will get to it and, I am sure it is as the other commentors state, another chapter of awesome. I look forward to digesting it soon.
    • Like x 1
  15. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Awesome! Glad you like Bern. That Adrian part was fun to write. That future "JL 3000" is none other than the Legion of Superheroes. They're a DC superhero team that debuted in 1958. From left to right: Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Dream Girl, Shadow Lass (a Talokite like Gallius), Cosmic Boy (leader), and Querl Dox also known as Brainiac 5. There's a few errors in this one such as Brainiac 5 has a 12th level intelligence according to DC and not 10th level and there's a double sentence early in the book. So I'll have to clean that up a bit. Thanks for reading and I look forward to more stories!
    • Like x 1
  16. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Cool Cool. Didn't even really notice the errors you mentioned [mark of good story telling]. As for more stories, I have some stuff click clacking around that I want to get out and pick up where things left off with Bern and crew. I have just been so busy drawing and with actual work that I haven't been able to sit at a keyboard long enough to give it the attention it deserves. It will happen though, my plan is to set a scene where Bern and crew open up a little to each other with a little help courtesy of a new friend they make.
    • Like x 1
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    As promised Ms. Benz, I have read and offer my praise to another chapter in this saga you are unfolding for us. As I read this, I feel like the teams you have scattered across the galaxy are growing closer and closer to each other as they braise for impact from the battle they are entering. Well done, Well done. This just feels like a massive tale with scope and depth to it. Starting from a brainwashed woman in Metropolis to this.....just bravo!

With the teams uniting, I am sure we will [or at least I hope] some funny/odd couple type group ups. Man, someone taking it to Supes like that just shows the power they hold. It's hard to point out a favorite part of the story becuase each part seems to be so well done. The ships, the rallying of corps men and women, the Scar/Supes thing. Looking forward to another Ms. Benz.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Your feedback is much appreciated Bern. And yes, you're right, it's all finally coming together. I can't go into detail ;) but there will be some epic, tragic, and some unexpected moments to come. As for the Scar vs Supes scene, thanks. I took everything I know about the Guardians and used the time when Superman faced off with Ganthet and imagined how he could have faced off against Scar.
    • Like x 1
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just a bump because of reasons :p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

'Wonder' what possible reason that might be? :p
    • Like x 2