Y'all need to fix PvP Arenas or take them out of the game.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Amanda Bailey, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

I tried pvp last month for the first time and its just awful...you would think with alot of MMO's that are makig a heffy sum off their pvp that dcuo would put more effort into it. it looks like that they started to put effort into it and then got lazy and just said well they will never notice lol.
    • Like x 2
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol, Kk :p
  3. Venus Void Dedicated Player

That wasn't very nice, or positive.
    • Like x 3
  4. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Even nice peope have to stand there ground, and what goes around comes around!
    If you are a dighead i treath you as a dighead :p

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Likewise.

Throws out insults, pretends to stand his ground against people responding to those insults. Typical.

You claim us "competitive pvp'ers" aren't the majority, do you count yourself among the majority? I'd hate to think all that's left of active PvP'rs are people like you.

Edit on topic: I'm pretty sure it's obvious they're just driving away the pvp players so they can stop ignoring us and take as much money from PvE as they can before the servers go down. Anyone who calls themselves an active PvP'r should know about the crap that's going on in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I assume its supposed to be an insult but its more of an insult towards the English language than towards me.
    Excuse me while go buy a bucket of ice.
    • Like x 2
  7. Surkilo Well-Known Player

Yea this guy really sucks and he talk smack when he use a op character or power and he also talk a lot of trash when he go against new players who are not that good in pvp. Now seeing the video it just show how op powers are right now and is kind of killing the pvp side of DCUO and the video also show how unskillful players are in arena that are using the AM to avoid the counter system or using the AM to get a one shot.
    • Like x 1
  8. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

I didnt start the insult, your small dead pvp community did.

Now go share the same bucket of ice and be emo about how dead pvp is.

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  9. Venus Void Dedicated Player

So.....is it dead, or isn't it? It seems you can't decide either way.

Now, I don't understand the "share the same bucket of ice" comment, so I wont go into that, but could you direct me to the post were you were insulted, because I only see you insulting people.
    • Like x 4
  10. MMM Active Player

So your saying pvp is good the way it is? You must be completely deluded son. Casual and competitive players are fed up with the broken pvp. Most ofthe pvp threads sstarted now are mostly by casual players who want to try pvp but are discouraged by getting 1 shotted by broken powers. The competitive players have mostly left and cba starting threads to help fix pvp.
    Btw i get why you are frustrated by competitive/scrim players. It's because you were constantly overlooked by your league undisputed for scrims. dontknow why you still mad lol.
    Anyway I'm going to sshare that bucket of ice with Shaw and sabigya. Bye Felicia
    • Like x 2
  11. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Im the bigger man here, you are all right and im not, i started with elitism pvp behavior.
    I started being snobby and rude to all you guys no problemo amigo.

I started with all these nonsens and now im arguing with sideman and fanboy's.
    You can find none message of me where stated pvp isnt broken, all i stated it isnt dead on the platform i currently pvp, wich is USPS
    EU ps its a small community but pretty dead seeing ques on prime time take 15 min.

Ieft eu for us and im having a blast, besides all the broken stuff, and having a pop every minute on any give hour.

SO PLEASE SHAW SABIGAYA VENOS VOID PLEASE DO NOT EVER REACT ON MY POST EVER

DO I NEED TO SHOUT BEFORE YOU GUYS GET ITo_O

I approach the game on my way and there are lots that do the same!

Pve is were focuss is and i get that, im just be patience. we all know pvp is broken, but dead nahhh, come join me on USPS and have fun and see its not dead on that platform, just in your small lil pvp community.

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  12. Venus Void Dedicated Player

You could at least spell our names correctly.
    • Like x 3
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Pvp is not dead but broken with all those unbalanced powers and how pvp is done. That is the truth.
  14. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Lol you think Einstein :D
  15. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

A few of the recently buffed weapons can do that. MA Smoke Bomb and the longest Shield combos can also easily take out two people at once.
    • Like x 2
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I always liked the Shield weapon and I loved Wonder Woman, but damn. That's too much power in one hit. Rarely used smoke bomb when I used MA Legends in scrims too. Hated it when people used it so much. It made 2v1s a nightmare, especially against 2 MA Legends.
    • Like x 1
  17. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Just to be clear, it's not quite enough to one-shot people from a full health bar. But it's not too far off. And even when it doesn't kill them, with WW you can put a lot of lower health enemies into finishing move range. Maybe a Bane will survive, but the Atrocitus and Sinestro end of the health pool are done for.

I play WW and my main 2v2 Legends PvP partner plays Shazam. (Don't judge me; half the time we're playing a pair of Catwomen!) Ever since the shield buff, if the other team makes the mistake of focusing on Shazam for a minute they're just dead. You just can't let a WW get off a handspring kick that hits two people; you'll both die then or shortly afterward. The same thing is true with Batman and the damn smoke bomb. When we're taking down a Batman, my main job becomes making sure I block every one of those.

The risk/reward for people trying Smoke Bomb and Dual Flurry is so out of whack, they only have to land a fraction to make chasing them worthwhile. Playing against that, if you're paranoid, block too much, and occasionally suck on a block break, that you can work with. What you can't let happen is one of those Smoke Bombs landing. The combo buffs really moved the one-shot chasing mentality of arena play right into Legends too.
    • Like x 2
  18. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Do you ever have anything constructive to say?
    Or do you feel the need to be rude and obnoxious to every single person that replies to you?

The topic is that the PvP arenas are broken and need immediate attention.

Now, is PvP dead? No, not yet, but it is dying, and not fixing the current excessive damage issues isn't helping anything, I play on USPS, (like you apparently) and queues DO NOT pop as fast as you claim, sometimes I'll get on for a few hours and do NOTHING but PvP, and I'll tell you from experience that waiting in 1v1 queues for 10 mins is a long time.

A quick solution at this point may be for them to remove the ELO, a lot of us long-time PvPers have a very high ELO, and seeing as a very large number of the top PvPers have left the game (and before you try to claim differently, check the FNL rankings and see how many of those people still play) it becomes very hard for some of us to get a match up, we wait in 10 - 15 minutes queues just to have the ELO pair us with someone way lower regardless because it couldn't find anyone that was a fair match up.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

And then you thrash them, causing your ELO to go up even more so the gap gets bigger next time.
  20. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Well if you bored scrim me 1s any time, im online for sure tommorrow night IGN dibrie , ill be waiting :D
    Then you see im actually a nice guy , ill just adept to my enviroment :rolleyes:

#goaheadgrammarpolice
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.