x2 Artifact Xp on this weekend. Nope???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GeneralPain, Jan 18, 2023.

1. GeneralPain New Player

Hello, Good morning everyone! But im confuced and surpriced, and sad.For several years, you've been hosting an Artfact Experience event in January of every year, after a birthday celebration. Those were the best holidays. Now you have taken and tried everything, developers. Why? You gave us the opportunity, as always right, to skip a character, for free. But you do not give us the opportunity to play it, since it is not possible to upgrade artifacts from 0 without x2. What's going on with you?
    Every year, you did x2 event in summer and winter in January. But last year you launched an event that no one needed in the fall. Who needed an event in the fall??? Everyone either made artifacts in the summer, or they didn't need it! Now, when you gave us the ability to create new characters, did you forget to give us the ability to download them???? You know, you yourself have created that artifacts are one of the most important items in the game. Why don't you let it run then. You are very mean to the players, to those who stayed to play. Many hates and leave the game. But those who remained appreciate it, they are nostalgic. I have a lot of respect for DC comics. And I love this game. But you take everything and spoil it. Thanks for ruining the holidays.
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Checks calendar, it's still January. BTW the double XP took place last year on February 2.
    Checks calendar again, the Anniversary celebration is still going on.
    • Like x 2
  3. GeneralPain New Player

4. Trexlight Devoted Player

These happen rarely and infrequently. As Quantum said it happened last year in Feb so there's your silver lining of hope. I personally dont expect it until closer to the EPisode release possible March or April.

Also, soapboxing here. F**k the double XP weeks. The fact we have them prove the Artifact leveling is awful even after the great buffs to Nth Metal for Subscribers, its still terrible. If folks are having to pine and make posts frothing at the mouth for this, it proves a problem with the system. Also remove the Breakthrough failures. Thank you
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

6. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Couple of things to cover from this:

A) You did indeed get a Skip token for a character. However that doesn't bring you up to the Top CR. As such, you have work to do to get to Top CR before the next Episode. As you're doing this, you'll be able to collect Artifact XP along the way.

B) I don't recall the last time there was an 2x Artifact XP week in January before 2022. I don't believe there was one, because usually 2x Artifact Weeks happen right before a New Episode drops. Theres more correlation to that than there seems to be to "it always happens in January". Certainly wasn't one in Jan 2021 or Jan 2020.

C) Your post says we had one "after the birthday event" (Anniversary). Right, but this is pulled from the Event Tracker:

Anniversary Event
    January 10-February 8, 2023

So why would you now be expecting it now instead of after February 8th?
  7. GeneralPain New Player

Bro u right is hard, but we can got this if we have now time for farm marks and buy catalyst, is not hard to ugrade 0 to 160 up, after (160 to 200) we have a SEAL free with membership.But about event, Quantum is not right in last year we have x2 in January, i was check it.
  8. GeneralPain New Player

Look, ok maybe somesituationim wrong, ok but not all.The essence of my post was that many hope and wait. Personally, I and my entourage begin to collect experience long before that. One month after the end x2. Therefore, there is experience, you can pump cr up to 380+ in a maximum of a week, and then to raise it, you need artifacts. No one takes a character with 0 or 120 artifacts to the elite version, especially elite plus. I have many characters and accounts with 200 artifacts, but it is always NECESSARY and pleasant to upgrade a new character. Developers want to raise the game, improve it. Then it was logical to launch x2, during or after events like Anniversary.
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

My inventory is creaking as well, I'm sitting on literally thousands of Nth metals. When it happens, it happens. I'll probably get 3 artifacts to 200, and get a good start on 3 more, and 3-4 months from now my previously empty inventory will be creaking once again, and so it goes. Breathe, enjoy the winter calm, and the double XP event will come.
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

11. TonyPeperoni New Player

I also play for a very long time, and every 3-4 months there was x2 for artifacts. I took a vacation in January because I was waiting for it, interesting events, for example, a discount on quarks as well. Unfortunately my holiday is ruined and I'm upset!
  12. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Right but again, your point loops back around to "during or after" the Anniversary. I posted the date specifically so you'd know, it's not ending until Feb 8th. It's Jan 19th where I am. So there's 19 days left of the Anniversary. Even IF there was a set time for when 2x XP drops, which again there isn't other than "before a new episode", that's just under 3 weeks left of it. The idea of "during or after" is still relevant. If this was March 20th a post like yours, even if misinformed, would make sense. Right now it doesn't.
    • Like x 1
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Looking at Jason's post, and eyeballing the average, it's about 4 months average between Double XP, so I suspect we're due for one soon, but we're certainly not overdue.
  14. Pr0tojay Committed Player

I literally came back to the game the first week right after the last double artifact xp week, around October 1st. I barely missed it and have been waiting patiently ever since because I was specifically waiting for it to finish the feats I needed in this month's elite event. I literally cannot do the feats without my arts leveled. It would be really cruel for them to have a double xp week after the event.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

And reduce the value of our destiny tokens each month! lol, nah I'm kidding, they never will though because of Benjamin ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

I've gotten three characters with zero lvl artifacts to at least 80 on one or two of their artifacts in the past month. Ya dont need 2x event to level artifacts, ESPECIALLY if it's a priority to play and use them now.

This whole hoard until 2x event can be so toxic. You've basically kept yourself from progression in hopes of an event that isnt scheduled or on a regular basis. So, if ya need artifacts, level them now. Otherwise, dont complain that the devs arent on your time schedule, because honestly, these 2x events arent mandatory and they are on the devs time not ours.

And for my perspective, I'm captain of bad timing. Meaning that usually when I have the most time to play, the devs have to take the game down for maintenance. OR, in the past, I missed the 2x artifact week because it just happened to line up with a week I couldnt play because of real life. In that scenario, I'd never get my artifacts leveled, so, I dont wait, I just level them. Do I get the biggest return, no, but I make progress and get to use them.
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Imagine demanding sales in an online game you play :eek:

I think truly, the worst thing to happen to DCUO is the entitlement of some of the community
    • Like x 9
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

19. Dene Devoted Player

My favouriters are when ppl do not like the week, doesn't fit in their schedule or there isn't one.. the posts get so nuts lol
    • Like x 2
  20. Taerah Active Player