x2 Artifact Xp on this weekend. Nope???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GeneralPain, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Taerah Active Player

New
    Interesting text but...meh, leveling artifacts from 1 to 80 is EASY but getting them from 160+ to 200 is harder. Double artifact experience weekends have all been happening so frequently these last years so hoarding artifact exp is actually the way to go, i have well over 500 thousand artifact experience across all my toons that i have gotten from playing and using Nth Metal Detectors, not a single dollar spent on the game. If i'd use all that exp now i'd only get 500k instead of 1 million on double exp weekend.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all i know is my bank spaces are almost full and it would be nice if they did something about it. (not opposed to enlarging bank and inventory) but a double xp week would clean some rows
    • Like x 3
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah, I get that. But the OP specifically referenced zeroed artifacts. And also, you arent demanding the devs give you a 2x bonus.

If yall want to wait, that's fine. It's a personal choice. But some players on here pretend like artifacts cant be leveled without bonus weeks.

I have 2, 200 artifacts. 5 at 160. And I dont even know how many between 80 and 160 over 6 toons. All done mostly without double xps and only membership money spent about 3 months out of the year. It's not impossible.
    • Like x 1
  4. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

The 2x xp week happens when it happens. No one knows. Some want it sooner, Others want to wait. Some like it, some dont. To each their own. Stop demanding for X event to happen and instead say "Oh well, My bonus isnt this week. At least we have a bonus this week though, Thank you DB for being cool and providing a bonus"
    • Like x 1
  5. Hexxen Level 30

Sure you can say there is a problem with the system, but that doesn't really warm us newish players that have had our artifacts sitting in our inventories since we started playing, because everyone tells us to wait for the 2x artifact event "dont waste your nth metal". So we just wait. And wait. And play with substandard dps while waiting... I'm enjoying the game and doing a million other things that is fun, but since everyone keeps saying how important the artifacts are and should prioritize them, its a bit silly to just wait and not be able to use them.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

The fact that you're leveling them outside of bonus weeks is the reason why you have 2 rank 200 artifacts and I have 20, but yea I mean solid advice bro, it's helping the newbies so much.

You're right only in that you can level to 80 outside of double because that's only about 40k experience, anything above that though should wait until double because by the time you've gained the 168k needed for rank 120, 680k for rank 160 or 1.68 million for 200 the bonus will have rolled around anyway.

Anyone just drip feeding their artifacts like that is being incredibly silly.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but wasn't this the one that got borked by the ability to feed everything to an artifact (including your shoes I think)? That might have thrown the rotation off some.

I'd guess that we'll see it in the next 2 weeks. I'm honestly thinking 2x DM this week, 3x SOBA + new boss next week(or LPVE bonanza even), then 2x XP. Regardless, one will come around soon...gotta burn up all that Black Friday XP, the Member bonus box and the recent 2x drops. That's a lot of XP stored up they need to clean out before the next arti....how else will they sell a ton of new XP?
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They have done Mid-DLC 2x before....generally in overlong DLCs or if a new arti is released NOT tied to a new DLC. SOBA fits on the overlong for sure, I'd think though the somewhat announced upcoming DPS arti would get more attention than the already out there Heart of Isis.

Remember, the main goal for DBG on 2x weeks is to make sure we don't have piles of XP saved up before an arti/DLC/event launch. Anything that would require more XP sales to upgrade/switch or add a new arti...it's in their benefit to have us emptied out. Granted, we benefit too, but make no mistake....2x benefits them too (maybe more), or they wouldn't do it.
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Yh it makes sense alright. It's a test of patience and/or willpower really. All part of that "FoMO" phenomenon. I can't really fault any business for using Psychology in this way as even your garden-variety cornershop does too. Its why all the Bars of Chocolate are all lined up in front of you at the register. That's not a defence of DBG, just an acceptance of a common practice is all. I generally wait till I get the new Artifact, then look out for the next 2x week. This one I'll be able to lvl up the Heart of Isis fully now for half the cost.

Which artifact are you referring to by the way? I haven't seen anything about a new one?
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was mentioned here. But in passing, so maybe tomorrow....maybe next year. Sounded like new DLC though if I were a betting man.

And yeah....wasn't faulting DBG for a smart business practice. I'd rather have them do things like that than keep shoving SP into Loot boxes. At least on the FoTM it's up to the users to decide if they want to chase the bouncing ball or not....I generally choose not, but some do. Good for them....good for DBG I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Wasn't the double XP in January last year part of actions taken when the salvage glitch was repaired? If I remember correctly, the people caught glitching had their artifacts zeroed, and they were suspended for a week, and if I remember, the double XP occurred during that week.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No I'm pretty sure the double week happened while they were still all banned, I actually thought at the time there devs did it on purpose just to have a laugh at their expense by giving everyone else a bonus for something they'd just had zeroed and werent able to take advantage of lol
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

That's what I'm thinking, it was a salt in the wound thing. It was unscheduled, and probably unplanned.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yea I think so too
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It would also explain why it only happened 2 months after the previous Double XP, when the gap previously had been 3-5 months
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, in saying that, it has been about 4 months since the last, so we're probably due one any time, but continuing to ask for it won't make it happen any quicker, the devs always know we want those weeks.
  17. Tolly Committed Player

[IMG]
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Math isnt your thing is it....bro?

If it were just double event being the only factor, you'd have 10-14 at 200 to my 7 over 160.

There are many other factors like playtime, purchases of nth both in broker and through detectors, loyalty points, fate vendor and marketplace. If you have 20 maxed you're obviously making use of more than just double events.

Also, I have 16 characters I have spread out my playtime and nth. I don't focus all on one character.

Lastly, I dont have a need for 20 freaking maxed artifacts lmao. The two maxed are on my main. Which I also dont tac swap like some of you. I'm not a try hard, I just get by and try to do my part in a group. I dont have to feed my ego in this game.
  19. Skoll Well-Known Player

Who told you their artifacts got zeroed? They all kept their artifact levels. They wouldn’t do that to those players, for the same reason they didn’t perm ban them, because they know they’d lose probably over half their income and most of the no-life playerbase. Same as the Atlantean pack exploiters, what was it, a week ban? And they kept everything aside from source marks I’m pretty sure.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I fluctuate with how I level my artifacts but I'm also over the hump with my top toons so the pressure to get them to 200 is off of me.

Besides needing tons of Nth metal we also need tons of catalysts (which cost marks or money) and seals (which also cost money, loyalty points or fate tokens). Save your loyalty points for seals and your Fate tokens for the 35k Nth Metal caches. Those 35k Nth metal caches on the Fate vendor become 70K during bonus weeks.

If you're a brand new player I suggest leveling up your arts up to 80-120 regardless of any bonus weeks. It'll help you get by until you figure out whats what.

This thread needs a veruca salt meme.

*also ironically for a change an episode spotlight finally benefits me. Finally finished off my renown for the dlc. I need like 200 death metal marks to get the gear feat...
    • Like x 1