Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankzilla Committed Player

I completely understand where you coming from just so you know and I respect your opinion. But at the end of the day this about the betterment of the dc experience pvp wise. I see you talking about countering things that actually prevent the counter literally. What I dont understand is how can you speak of countering invulnerability how. Im not saying its impossible to beat ppl who use it but like you said its complex to complex and as they said about photon its made pvp more complex then what is necessary. if someone uses a move thats vulnerable to interrupt there shouldn't be nothing present to save them from that counter as well increase there toughness to decrease the damage they would take from the attack. Its just to much that is not based of the persons own personal skill and a failsafe for if they make a mistake they would have normally originally had to suffer the consequences for. Learning from mistakes is what creates skill not being safeguarded from said mistakes.
    • Like x 4
  2. ChaosInternational New Player

People are still droning on about HT mods?!

I would rather not have arenas be more like legends. Legends is as heads up as you can get in the game, that's why we have it. Once all the balancing with powers and such is finally polished, arenas will be just as heads up as legends. Arenas are far more elaborate considering you can use everything at your disposal. Some people don't see the HT mods as tactical or strategic and that's fine. I'd agree but then I'd be talking nonsense too.. baby out with the bath water anyone?
    • Like x 1
  3. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

i Dont mind if HT is gone out of PVP. I started PVPing when avatar bomber gear came out. Been a healer since day 1 [since i started playing]. Always been a support role for the people. Funny how everyone wants to be a dps. HT i dont need and its fine by me it be gone, but i speak for all healers when i say, the pvp trinket to cleanse you from debuff, SHOULD be a lot fast in cool down or cleanse you for longer timing. Any healer out there can agree with me. Just a few more sec would help a ton!...

Also away with movement debuffs. No point of "TEAM WORK". Groups should have a tank for a troller.. and healer for a tank.. troller for a healer... thats team work... AWAY WITH THAT MOVEMENT CRAP! lol... makes more dps people instead of role supports. Now, if we could still have that for 1v1 outside of arenas.. thats kool... Just not in arenas...
  4. RiskVsReward New Player

Your in luck, on the first page they said they are getting rid of dubuffs all together. Trollers won't be able to debuff healers and no movement dubuffs either. No counter roles either
    • Like x 2
  5. Frankzilla Committed Player

How can you consider being invulnerable a tactic its more like beneficial mods rather than tactical. Regardless if they changed photon or not its still nothing you can do about it only 2 choices when there should be 3. Either block and decrease damage dont block and take full damage or counter and prevent but the 3rd one out the window as of now.
    • Like x 1
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If you ahven't yet, I'd highly suggest trying Amazonian Deflection/Phase Dodge, the huge toughness increase can give you a bit of a repreive to reset yourself and start at it again. I know it helped me a lot against tough premades.
    • Like x 1
  7. Nyema New Player

You guys are really obnoxious! Honestly, HT adds some DIVERSITY to PvP! Without HT in PvP, how much you want to bet PvE is going to take a BIG BIG hit... And that goes for all trinkets too! Take out trinkets, end of PvE... or it'll take a really hard hit, but it won't be the same. The diversity is what is fun, all the new players understand this, old players are like old people... always complaining & gallivanting about the good ole' days, when truth is, everything grows & evolves. PvP needs to have MUCH more incentive, because tbh, it's boring. DCUO needs constant PvP action, losers & lames just stay in HoD or WT, just constantly queueing for PvE stuff, it's boring outside of instances. NO ACTION WHAT SO EVER!

counter roles is what made DCUO shine, & w/o it... lol

ESO here I come. Inbox me with user names....
    • Like x 4
  8. Nyema New Player

just stop it... healer role isn't just to heal, it is supposed to buff... meaning that, sorcery will hopefully get some REAL BUFFS!
  9. RiskVsReward New Player

HT adds diversity, or does it just let you spam tumble master like you did in this video? Notice how silly this makes pvp look

• Like x 9
  10. Thrump New Player

God I love this so much. No words for this post! <3
    • Like x 2
  11. Aqua New Player

LOL this is what we're all talking about this person flipped for like 15 seconds straight all while barely taking dmg and doing dmg. I said I wasn't going to revert back to discussing HT again but this is too priceless.
    • Like x 3
  12. J Zmooth New Player

In theory it'd probably be best to run a group without DPS. If everyone hits hard, you're better off running with Tanks with Precision mods and healers and trolls.
  13. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

PC problems shouldn't bring down PS gameplay. We don't have that problem on PS. The whole map rotation came into effect because PC has a limited base. PvP queues have never been slow on PS. If it's the "hardcore" deathmatchers who want mods and everything simplified that's how it should be handled. Like I said, if they do that, I'll be queueing for yet another set of PvP matches and it'll be fine. If the queues don't pop because that isn't what most people want, so be it.
  14. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

So... as proof as to how "OP" tumble master is you post a video of someone spamming it and losing? That makes sense. Why would this need to be removed? It really doesn't look useful to me... if someone wants to roll around like a fool and die let them.
    • Like x 2
  15. RiskVsReward New Player

So that's how pvp should look like?
  16. J Zmooth New Player

The point is, HT mods such as Tumble Master ruin pvp.
    • Like x 1
  17. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

If you're so blinded by bias to not see how preposterous this video looks of someone literally spamming acro roll for the near entirety of the match after the whole rant about HT adding diversity in his or her post, then I really don't know what to tell you. This is funny from both sides of the fence.

Also, downvoting everyone isn't going to get your point across, try giving actual feedback and contribution to the thread if you want to keep Home Turf in PvP.
    • Like x 4
  18. RiskVsReward New Player

Not to mention, the only time where she was actually taking damage was when she stopped tumbling to actually fight, lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

Of course it looks preposterous, that's why next to no one does it. If this is what PvP is like on PC... wow. Of course, how many people had to exploit the armory glitch to win on there too. Everyone actually fights on PS... That video proves exactly how worthless tumble master is in PvP and why you're better off using a different mod, not that abuse gives an unfair advantage.

Wocka: I feel exactly the same way about the anti-HT people. Instead of proving how invalid the argument is with videos of someone losing horribly by spamming a worthless mod, maybe show a video of someone beating a skilled PvP player with it. Feel more than free to go back through my posts, I've given far more worthwhile feedback than anyone whining about HT or talking about the "golden days of pvp before F2P" and have only downvoted arguments that were futile or reiterations of obviously flawed rhetoric as evidenced by the proof I quoted above.

Since you can't be bothered to actually read through every post from page one as I have, here's a summary of what I've suggested;
    Make two versions of arena; one that is no holds barred and one that excludes EVERYTHING earned in PvE with standardized soders, a breakout trinket, 0 pets and removes all buffs from maps.
    Adjust the current matchmaking system to also include CR for more even match ups.
    Expand the options of open world PvP events so that there is more than two that can be done in a day and scale the rewards to be equal with arenas/legends. One possibility being a Last Man Standing dome where there is a 16 man free for all with awards set up like the proposed PvE challenge mode.
    The only HT feature that should be fully removed from all arenas are Henchmen due to the possibility of cluttering a match with up to 24 pets making it hard to target players.
    Make HT mods and trinkets purchasable with MoV.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm not going to go back. Beyond that I probably said to bring back CTF on the Moon as that was one of the most fun objective maps the game had.
  20. ChaosInternational New Player

They should really change the wording on some HT mods. You can still get interrupted while using EC or TM. You're just not vulnerable to the counter mechanic, which is the point of the mod.....
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.