With DLC7 down, now Immunities need to go

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by 478874, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Immunities are here to stay but I do feel they could use some tweaking. The current problem is they just are NOT noob friendly. A new player has no idea what they are (no in-game explanation whatsoever) so it just makes them feel the combat system is buggy and inconsistent. And then there are the new players that just lunge over and over again in FOS arena and give the enemy healer a straight 5-10 seconds of immunity.

Some different suggestions to refine the system:
    -Can't get immunity if you are already under the effects of immunity
    -If you just got immunity you can't get it again until 3 seconds after it wears off
    -It gives counter immunity but not damage immunity
    -It gives added toughness but not total immunity to damage
    -Give a better visual indicator of immunity; make it an actual shield or something because there are so many people that don't even know immunity makes you flash blue
    • Like x 1
  2. LordZeonidas New Player

Holy crap.....
    and I thought I was dark...
    I bow to you, great one.
  3. Zizzi New Player

I don't see why not? If I get into a fight with two people on the street I like to think that I might have a small chance of winning by fighting smart. Or at least enough to defend myself while I look for someone to help or wait for someone to notice.
  4. Loadingscreens Committed Player

2 healers is the most balanced setup and takes more strategy. 2 trolls isn't fun IMO
  5. Zizzi New Player

I agree here, to an extent. Yes they are sometimes a bit buggy and sometimes they don't work properly but that's why I would rather have those addressed directly rather than removing the entire mechanic.

Now I don't have any hard numbers but the immunities and RPS system works for me the majority of the time, however I do get frustrated when they seem to not be working. Just because they sometimes don't work doesn't mean they should be removed completely though, just worked on to make better.
  6. razor Red New Player

There is no strategy having 2 healers. Healers are simply the hardest to kill even a troll have to focus 110 percent to get rid of a good healer. if there is another healer around then there is nothing that troll can do. In FOS 8v8 2 healers can survive even if the other team had 4 trolls it is a bit unbalanced.
  7. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

Change PvP back to fast paced... Genious!!!!
  8. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Hmmmmmmm.

Let me see if I got this right. All we need to really do is:

- get rid of immunities
    - get rid of roles
    - get rid of pets
    - get rid of buffs and cleanses

That about the gist of this topic so far? Surprised no one has whined about their T4 gear yet. Immunities have a purpose, they serve that purpose, and will continue to do so. Time to stop making qq threads about match speeds. I've been playing with some of the top leagues, and quite frankly, I don't see the problem you are crying about. So wipe those tears away and play through it, because they are here to stay.
    • Like x 7
  9. Toofunn New Player

People just want less ties and more wins/losses and really Spytle the HP buffer is what makes this happen. I enjoy the immunity very much but it was the HP buff and Immunity that kinda slowed things down. Can you just please look at the HP buff to the PvP armor and consider some changes to it. Otherwise, thanks for the immunity it actually gives ppl a fighting chance against FF.
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Theres nothing balanced with 2 healers. Its just the most optimal setup with regards to not dieing.
  11. Aiden Warren New Player

immunities, go to the R&D Plans and R&D Station and Learn what the immunities are, and know how long they last, so why is 5 seconds a problem for you? Have you PVP'd enough? Immunities are immune for about 5 seconds, but you can still counter them knock them down, do real damage to them and etc, so make the Immunities a waste for them.
    And learn the Rock, Papers, Scissors for Role Debuffing.

You don't PVP enough.

Don't forget get rid of backups and tactical mods lol.
    It seems they don't understand how to even attack them through Immunities.
  12. Spytle Executive Creative Director

You have some nerve. Based on your forum history, I find it quite hypocritical for you to call me out. Watch your tone (asterisks) or hold your tongue.
    • Like x 4
  13. Aiden Warren New Player

You know he's the Boss right?

he probably talks to his own parents the same.
  14. Purple Ace New Player

Just bring WT back. That's it. If you want to speed pvp up then switch out your lineups/roles. Run two trollers, a dps and two healers in 5s. Or only run 2 healers in FOS 8's. With the HP of gear, etc. the only way to speed up pvp is to change your lineups to push the pace of a match. BUT when you do this people complain that it's not the norm. Well it's either that or fall asleep mid match.
    • Like x 1
  15. LL New Player

Ur up early and on fire :).
  16. kgghk New Player

lol
    Do that and you basically have legends with your own gear. I might actually play arenas occasionally if that happened. Since i can actually enjoy pvp legends every once in a while. Where as now I find nothing about arenas enjoyable or fun.
  17. Aiden Warren New Player

I'm on PS3 as well, I PVP on both. Grinded it all out. Got almost all feats.
  18. Aiden Warren New Player

Love you too
    seems you take the net serious.
  19. pnob19 New Player

Nah, I respect my parents.
    • Like x 2
  20. CouRAGE New Player

The only problem I see in PVP is that every class debuff but the troller>healer one is the removal of that class's survival abilities. The Troller>Healer debuff only weakens their abilities which I think is far more balanced. Why not make all class debuffs reduce restoration, dominance, and vitalization by 50%. Also since this would increase the survivability of all the non-healers you could increase Core Strength's bonus to trolls and DPS (perhaps 15-20% to match the buff to tanks) or the amount of toughness Penetrating strikes ignores. This would make the PVP trinket evenly useful to all classes (since it's pretty useless to trollers now) and would give the tank>troll debuff more weight in group PVP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.