With DLC7 down, now Immunities need to go

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by 478874, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 478874 Dedicated Player

Bottom line, this horse has been hung, quartered, guillotined and otherwise beaten beyond death but immunities are the huge albatross to the game right now. Please get rid of them once and for all.

People are suppose to get KO'd in PvP, teams are suppose to get wiped when certain roles get knocked out, breaking the chain of support. That seldom happens anymore and especially not with two competent teams battling. Almost every match goes the full length of time, except the poor pugs who are flogged mercilessly. It's a totally waste of time for both sides. Let me emphasize that again, immunities are the major hindrance to efficient and timely matches, in effect they lead hours upon hours of wasted game time, and this is beyond the quirky and unintuitive game play issues they've brought along.

There are better ways to solve the problems immunities were suppose to solve in theory. Let the players figure out how to do this with their power sets and stop imposing this malignant system.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zizzi New Player

But I like immunities...
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

Your fate should be castration by pit viper.
    • Like x 3
  4. Frostbight New Player

I think the QQing over immunities has to go. Obviously if your still QQing about it your not a strong enough player to deal with it. I pvp with my league and havent seen an issue. Im sure there are just as many people who want immunities as those who dont so why should one group get catered to and not the other becuase people arent skilled enough to learn to deal with the problem.
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

You don't PvP, you've already admitted as much countless times over in your many belligerent PvE rants. In fact, you've gone as far as saying you want PvP completely removed.

Overcoming immunities is not the issue. The issue is the efficiency of match speed. Immunities don't affect the outcome, just how fast it occurs.
    • Like x 4
  6. Zizzi New Player

I guess I'll explain why I like immunities.

They give me a fighting chance against people with better gear. They give me just enough time to pull off another move. They give me just enough time until my partner(s) get back to help. They might be able to turn the tide of a battle.

I'd say immunities do affect the outcome of a battle.

I don't want immunities gone, but I would rather have their consistency more consistent and their bugs fixed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Frostbight New Player

Why dont you ask my leage if I pvp..im pretty sure we were just doing fortress of solitude the monday night and im pretty sure i have a full set of T2. I dont want PvP removed I want the people who think that there is nothing but PvP to wake up. im tired of all the pvp threads about ohh i hate pets..oh i hate the map system...oh i hate getting my butt whipped cause i think im a god. Learn to suck it up stop crying and the sun will shine brighter. To many pvp think the world revolves around Pvp and cry cry cry cry cry...
  8. 478874 Dedicated Player

Okay, re-state the party lines almost verbatum with what Spytle has said. In practice, they really don't do all that and their negative affect on group play in PvP venues has been documented hundreds upon hundreds of times.
  9. Warlan New Player

Pets need to go or at least be scaled back, utterly lag up the game on the PS3.
    • Like x 4
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Devs have been asked to remove immunities directly on live webcasts, their response (maybe not in their literal words but paraphrasing): "Never gonna happen, we like the effect they had in the game, learn to deal with it, shut up"
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

Listen pal, I'm sorry you feel that way. Immunities were added for largely PvP reasons, so it seems acceptable to question their necessity in regard to that. Immunities waste a colossal amount of time when it comes to game play and it really needs to be examined closely. When most matches between equal groups go the full duration, it's an indictment that system cannot adequately allow the players to decide, through game play, on a true winner and loser.
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, you know, they've taken that stance on a lot of issues over the past 28 months or so, and things that appeared to be ironclad forever were changed.

Look at this last update today, controllers have been asking for a power restoring super charge in their power set for two years. The devs were non-responsive forever and now suddenly things have changed. It happens all the time. Everything is a fluid situation.
  13. Zizzi New Player

LOL documented? Okay... It's funny because it sounds like you have tons of papers of research and facts to back this up.
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

Warlan, I don't disagree but that discussion is for another thread. Please let's try to stay on topic and not rile up all issues at once.
  15. Warlan New Player

Sorry, I saw someone mention pets so I jumped in. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

There are hours upon hours of game play evidence from the last competitive 5 v 5 season on the USPS3 alone. Many of the matches are on youtube or can be uploaded to youtube if the appropriate parties are contacted. When teams have to play a match over as many as 10 times in a row to not get a tie, there is a problem. I would count this sort of thing are well documented evidence, no?
  17. Zizzi New Player

I guess that counts, but you are also assuming competitive 5v5 is the only/majority form of PvP which is simply not true.
  18. Warlan New Player

As much as I dislike the way the immunities work, the major reason the matches go to time is because of teams stacking healers. Either remove roles and give everyone limited amount of healing/damage mitigation or restrict the number of healers that can queue up for a match.
  19. 478874 Dedicated Player

You're absolutely right, it's not. That's why I tried to implicate that was just one example of many. I could list other ways to you but it's somewhat academic at this point.

The truth is that it may solve a certain issue, the gear disparity you pointed out earlier, but the affects of immunities are far reaching and indirect. I believe their are other ways to solve the issue you are concerned about that don't requiring super-imposing the immunities system, and these other ways are already built into the game.
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

Perhaps, though "immunity farming" as it were, has a greater affect. In essense, all those narrowly missed kills because someone landed an immunity at the last second would actually be kills. It's still tough to push teams over that brink, but exponentially more so with immunities factoring in. Prior to immunities, teams still ran two healers but matches concluded much more quickly and decisively.

Still, you have a valid point. Team set-up in 5v5 plays a factor, it just seems odd to add a system and then super impose rules to make that system work. Why not just ditch the system for something else?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.