With DLC7 down, now Immunities need to go

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by 478874, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I'd prefer getting rid of complete god mode and change it to something like adding x amount of toughness/defense for a few seconds instead of complete invulnerability. I still believe that if yo *** is being dogpiled then yeah, you're being dogpiled and you should not be able to not take damage.

The other thing is this - in all of the movement trees... all of them... there are 'escape' moves. These things are currently supercharges, and some of them are powers you can use that allow you to breakout of control effects and regen some power under proper circumstances. None of these have been looked at recently. As the game design has changed and evolved over time, these old abilities have wasted away into a corner and nobody but myself has bothered to shine a light on them.

Imo, the best thing for the devs to do is first take a look at supercharges as a whole. Supercharges really could use their own unique mechanism to activate so that every player has the option of equipping a supercharge independently of their six power slots. The supercharge can then function in some other fashion of button press combinations, and as there are supercharges that you can acquire entirely with skill points instead of power points, everybody would have the option of equipping an escape super (or other). Do that, and then you can start looking at the costs for supercharges and balance that to make sense with the setup.

If you were a sucker like I was and bought the game guide when the game launched, the author goes into detail about how the movement tree was useful for PVP purposes, and it was. Several of these abilities in the trees assisted with chasing down/grounding players as well as avoiding their wrath via escape super or recovery powers. Then somebody set author us up a bomb and zig couldn't be moved in time for destruction and the guide became mostly irrelevant. Nobody got signal. ;(

Option to remedy this is still there. Just have to get the devs attention and see if there's anything worth taking a look at. First i'd rather see a combat animation bug removed so certain movement mode enabled players won't be able to counter attacks that shouldn't be counterable, then god mode can kiss off.
    • Like x 1
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

Exactly! Agree on all fronts but movement escapes and supercharges should be buffed fore mostly. Every movement mode should also have a passive innate as effective as inertial flywheel in super speed.
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

so you are telling me that you must have any chance to fight 2 guys and don't die? hm...
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

they really "said" it?
  5. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yeah probably not the words I typed, but yeah it was in one of the Sourcecasts. Superpatriot hates immunities, so he went into a small rant abou them with Jens and Mepps.

Jens said, he and his team liked them, that they were serving their purpose and that they had no plans whatsoever to remove them. Poor Supes didn't know what to say after that, we was like kid who got spanked by his mom. (no offense supes, I would have probably reacted worse than you did, props for staying calm :))
  6. Captain Just New Player

In my opinion, the presence of debuff cleansing serums in PvP is a larger problem than immunities are and also plays a bigger role in stalemates.

I for one enjoy immunities and think it truly rewards being skilled with counters and faints.
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

There was already huge thread on that in developer discussions and not only was the issue over stated according to statistics but the serums also just received a considerable nerf in the latest update. No longer such a huge issue.
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Or perhaps the immunities aren't the problem, but DPS needs to be improved or healing needs a nerf.

Or better yet

[IMG]

All jokes aside though, correlation doesn't prove cause and effect. There has been other changes implemented that could have effected how hard it is to kill people (crit nerfs for example?) so where as immunities could be the cause, it's foolish to label it the anti christ.

And for the record, I'm a hardcore PvPer who loves immunity. Come at me bro.
  9. Loadingscreens Committed Player

Yes I agree with you

EXCEPT THEY DON'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!!

the problem is with the latency issues. I have block breaking down to a science, but MANY times when I KNOW I block broke the guy, it doesn't work!

See the problem?? The lag causes bb not to work sometimes and that's the issue.

On paper immunities look awesome. But the execution, at least in the ps3, simply don't work all the time.

And that's our problem with immunities
    • Like x 1
  10. Loadingscreens Committed Player

Bottom line is immunities are a broken mechanic.

Broken mechanics need to be dealt with and be removed.

How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

this is horrible.
  12. PopBot New Player

All the guys in FOS hovering in the air, spamming full-auto would wet themselves if immunity was removed.

The competitive 5s leagues that I watch almost always run two healers. It suggests immunity isn't enough to survive damage without ample support. If the best pvp leagues can get by with one of each role except healers; I think we need to ask ourselves why.

I'm open to any changes they make. If immunity gets shortened, reduced to partial protection or only removes debuffs; I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game.
  13. razor Red New Player

I don't like immunities but i don't dislike it. I think we should focus on eliminating henchmen from pvp. (If you forgot what pvp is it's PLAYER VS PLAYER)
  14. PopBot New Player

Classic derail. Good one.
  15. razor Red New Player

Lets be honest you never wanted to quit a fight because of immunities but im sure henchmen push you to that point.
  16. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Well immunities were brought in due to the unskilled to begin with, why should the devs cater to those players? Instead of telling those folks back before GU13 to get skill they slowed (broke) PvP completly, then again with this GU25 instead of telling the unskilled to suck it up they reduce all gear and make the skilled start over again. Basically your saying the devs should cater to the unskilled while telling those who know what a terrible system we have because they have skill to get skill. The people complaining usually arent the unskilled players, they are complaining because they know how bad it is and how it rewards the scrubs, mostly right now the system just prolongs the loss for those unskilled who like immunities.
  17. Warlan New Player

I think the concept of immunities is fine. The current problem is between lag and other factors and imbalance of weapons they just don't work properly and are prehaps TOO easy to farm. Heck, my main is HL and he's an immunity farmers wet dream. That said, prior to immunities the top PVP leagues STILL ran to time every match because of the healers. Which leads me to my next point (below).

I agree, the system doesn't work. Super hero PVP like in GW2 would be awesome. There are no pure healers because everyone has sort of a self heal/group heal. It makes it much easier to balance AND gets rid of the 'lets focus fire healers/trollers' making PVP fun for everyone. Maybe it's just me but Legends matches to a point seem balanced. PVP in arenas simply do NOT. As I've said in other threads, force DPS in arenas and balance the powers accordingly and you have yourself an awesome PVP system.
  18. Toofunn New Player

Here is all that needs to happen. Make our hp go back to where it was before. The immunities plus 2 healers and massive hp is what is wrong here. Immunities are here to stay... 2 healers is a player choice so all that is left is the overpowered hp
  19. 478874 Dedicated Player

Razor, please stay on topic. If you want to make a thread about henchmen and sidekicsk, i'll gladly lend you my support since I agree with you on that particular topic. However, that is not this thread.

You'd be surprised by the number of people who rage over immunity malfunctions. I've taken and submitted video of plenty of matches, there are usually at least a half dozen blatant improper applications per match.
    • Like x 1
  20. razor Red New Player

you are right and the game was honestly better without the immunities how ever if you get rid of immunities and have all this damage running around pvp will get ugly and there will be more QQ threads. No immunities plus 3 henchmen, tactical mods, the damage a dps can put out now in pvp is scary. they would have to reverse pvp back to what it use to be lower health with more toughness. And i think it would be a good idea
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.