Why Survival Mode should never see the light of day again.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. August Moon Well-Known Player

I got you , i got you . But in all honesty i dont think theyre going to touch pvp anytime soon. from what i can gather about whats wrong with pvp tanks and healers are taking over the meta witht he occasional mental controller. the healing debuff on controllers and items dont do enough justice to make a difference. And any touch of these stats or functionality to moves in order to make healing more counterable would theoretically break pve in some way. what they could possibly do is separate pvp stats from pve , like how they did with toughness and defense , but you would have to probably make stat modifiers that increase/ decrease differently, like for fire you dont want immolation to prevent 35% of all players incoming attacks, maybe 10%ish . So you would have to fins some way to differentiate that growth from instances to arenas.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I actually legitimately cannot see how it's so difficult, if the developers are keeping instance logs then they could surely simply at the end of each day, load all level 30s that finished quicker than a certain time period and insta ban everyone for 7 days, then you run a second pass on damage output and perma ban the player with the highest damage output (being that theyre likely the direct speedhacker)

You can then just manually deal with any ban appeals, case by case. You're right SM is the perfect time to catch these clowns.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

Yeah I’ve tried dueling for the first time in ages and yeah. Dpsing against healers and tanks kinda sucks. But using a healer vs a tank and vice versa is just a battle of who quits first. It’s pretty annoying and I don’t see the point in touching that again unless of course like you said. There’s a way that can counter the heals.
  4. Caroline Dedicated Player

I request proof. I'm in Versed and CodedKills is in there, so it makes 0 sense for me to pay a leaguemate, LOL.

Dust yourself off and try again.
    • Like x 4
  5. SmWasMyLife New Player

I agree with Caroline, my neighbor and I have been playing dcuo since the early 1970s. Ever since we were kids, we always talked about beating sm and wanting to do it legit. We waited for this moment for 60+ years... Now sm is finally here and my neighbor (kittyBill) and I ran sm and beat it!. He sold his car, he quit his job... we went through all of this effort to beat sm legit and you allow ppl to speed hack without wasting their lives like we did? I don't see how it's fair, I skipped meals, family time, even therapy sessions! I just want just to be served. Have a great day
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Now this is what sarcasm is supposed to sound like.;)
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

Damn, it sounds like you need some counseling.
    • Like x 4
  8. SmWasMyLife New Player

I skipped my therapy sessions, if you are having trouble reading @Caroline
  9. SmWasMyLife New Player

But hey, it was all worth it because I have a pixel Zeus lightning bolt to show for it! Life is good!
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

Happy for you, buddy ;)
    • Like x 4
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

Nah, my reading is good, but your story made me fall asleep while reading it, so I just thought I'd add that comment there rq and call it a day ;)
    • Like x 4
  12. SmWasMyLife New Player

I think they should do away with the Zeus bolt and just make the r30 completion reward a validation token from Caroline so we all can be accepted into your lovely dc world. The game would be a better place if we all were just as toxic as you.
  13. SmWasMyLife New Player

Here's a thought though friend, if you dislike sm, why don't you sit the next one out and don't support it? Guess that makes too much sense huh . It's always an accomplishment to beat sm but once others start to beat it, that's when they need to do away with it right? Caroline's logic.
  14. Caroline Dedicated Player

Whatever floats your boat, fan :)
    • Like x 4
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

Uh oh, so it seems like you have trouble reading. :) I never said I dislike SM, so try again.
    • Like x 4
  16. SmWasMyLife New Player

Fan? Only fan here is the one you will have blowing in your face while you are on your vacation. Lol
  17. SmWasMyLife New Player

Uh oh, Caroline needs some milk, she is about to snap again
  18. Caroline Dedicated Player

Hmm, that's a good one. I will write it down my diary
    • Like x 4
  19. Caroline Dedicated Player

Grrrr, better run
    • Like x 4
  20. SmWasMyLife New Player

"Down my diary" type slower please. I don't understand what you are trying to say kind sir
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.