Why nerf a iconic power when everyone in the game has the ability to choose one?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NerfEveryone, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hmm, must mean the powers aren't that unbalanced then. Weird.
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Or all TFOM people are on vacation, waiting for the next new thing.

After all they probably replayed all of the current content, they need something new so they can come back and be the best.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In a couple months they might not have anything to ride on and will be forced to use a power because they enjoy it...

Oh the horror!!
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've never used it. its not something any of my characters have as a power. i try to adhere to their concepts as much as i can.

from what i remember when toying around with it it wasn't a move i liked. i hate getting stuck in a long animation.
    • Like x 1
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

New forum account doesn't necessarily mean new player in the game.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You have neither read nor understood what I wrote. And while I appreciate your thought of me playing the game always with some beautiful women at my side, I am sorry for you :( It appears to me as if you are eagerly trying to insult people without any basis of argument. Not sure why, though. Didn't get the presents you wanted on monday?

Anways I like to repeat myself one more time. I hope I type it understandable. English is not my native tongue. Hope it get's through:

There are only a few strong single target powers. The ones that come to mind are Hard Light, Gadgets and Celestial. Fire maybe. The other powers don't have many ST moves that can be used. But that does not mean they are bad. It just means they are not the strongest powers for ST. I also don't understand the SM argument you're throwing back at me. Last two SMs we had a Nature DPS in group who did really good due to high health pools. I don't know if you can remember how nature was before the revamp but maybe you see now that there are circumstances that make individual powers stronger.

I don't know how you parse but I for one also parse on one sparring target to see how a rotation fairs against single bosses for example. And so far all powers I tested are okay.

And please be mature enough to not again bring this argument where you think that I only write this because after the HV adjustment my power will be OP. With a few stops here and there I played Rage for the past few years and when there is one thing it does not excel in it is Single Target moves. However one can still manage to do good damage against ST with Rage. I don't bring up the Damage-Split-Argument again, since I am not sure if you even read that. If you want me to explain it again, please just say so.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

I grew up with the understanding in mmorpgs where it was accepted that warriors were great single target dps and mages were great multi target dps. This game particularly though everyone wants to be everything. That is real entitlement right there.
    • Like x 2
  8. Skandov Well-Known Player

Whenever something is exploited, that's when a nerf has to happen. Simple as that.
    • Like x 1
  9. Skandov Well-Known Player

And that's why I'm still for removing the scoreboard, it's ******* toxic. When Spytle was still here, he was asked what he regret the most about DCUO and he said implementing the scoreboard...
    • Like x 3
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Even with swarm being the way it was (assuming SM was up prior to it's fix, I really cant remember) if you had a Nature DPS who was doing good in SM due to high health pools your other DPS weren't that good. The only thing that caused Nature DPS to be decent and "OP" was when swarm was wonky.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Without the swarm bug and with good dps in rounds higher than 10. Same with any other DoT spec. Last one I remember was Oa. Due to mechanics requiring to move (sometimes even out of range), ongoing damage over time effects did pretty good compared to high burst that regularly had to be delayed.

In higher rounds we only had one or two dps in the group. Others were playing support roles.

I might need to add that the old SM was fit as an example here but it was more about the fact that some circumstances are better for certain powers...
  12. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

they will probably lose a chunk of players if they were to do so & it takes away from the fun a bit.

Its just that some players take it way to serious and rather hate than congratulate
    • Like x 2
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Some circumstances are better for certain powers that is true. But every SM I have played, well let's just say I have seen nature in there and they were always outperformed by other sets. The higher health pools help DoT powers but they haven't had anywhere near as much punch as they had than the beginning days. I've also ran with many good nature DPS throughout this years (pre AM, during WM, during AM, etc).

That being said I wasn't trying to state your original point (about the change needing to be necessary to heat vision) was inaccurate, just merely commenting on your SM comment :p
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Way easier way: Only show the performances per Boss encounter. Nobody cares about hallway adds :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

There was also the understanding that melee and ranged had the same damage potential. In this game, people still bleat out "risk v reward" as if that makes it ok for melee powers to blow out ranged in damage.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Other games aren't as punishing to melee players, so in this case, yes melee should blow out ranged in damage.

No offense harlequin but I can't believe you're still standing by that mentality
    • Like x 2
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

Other games don't punish melee? Frontal cone one shots don't happen in nearly every boss encounter in WoW? SWTOR bosses don't have PBAOE? Even the loli playground Tera forces melee to play smart to avoid getting splatted by BAMs and bosses. A statement like yours is indicative of a lack of experience with MMOs in general.

To be fair, console players have had seriously few MMOs to experience.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

How many of those have a damage centric scoreboard like dcuo?

So you're going to sit there and tell me that someone standing 25 meters away should hit as hard as someone who is at point blank range soaking up all the aoes, interrupts, and counters? Someone who has to stop and reposition themselves for survival shouldn't hit any harder then someone who's standing in the back spamming for days with very little to worry about?

Get rid of the scoreboard or make melee as safe as ranged then your logic MIGHT work. My opinion though I like it as it is.

This whole "other games do it so dcuo needs to do it" mentality needs to cease.
    • Like x 2
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

How about redesign the scoreboard so it’s at least role-centric? So that if your in healer role it sorts by healing output, tank role by aggravation held, etc?
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

And I agree. I am sorry if I rubbed you up the wrong way. It was just what I could see after finishing the last round. Before that that Nature player was mainly healing but we switched in between. By the amount he could catch up to the other dps was not bad. It was only thanks to the enorm high health pools of the single add-lanterns and the bosses in the higher rounds but I will still agree with you. Our strongest DPS were Gadgets at that time. Otherwise, yes, Nature was in a terrible state for a long time and it just was refreshing to see the power being able to catch up :) No hard feelings ;)