Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

They're not selling your stats back because it is a choice whether or not you buy it, you could alternatively take a free route, so there's no selling you stats.

Also It isn't a true reflection because a new player doesn't even have an awareness of the game prior to the clamp, they don't know what it was like, they don't care what it was like. they just know the game before them.

Sometimes there's things you level up before you approach things and then you progressively get them as you go or build up, that's part of the MMO experience.

When I was new it wasn't like I went out and just immediately expected to gear up and overwhelm PVP feats or even other PVE feats, I needed more than gear I needed to get mods, I needed to improve, I needed to get better and then go back and get the feats later on, getting what feats I could along the way and knocking the harder ones off later.

I'm not quite sure why people are putting bounty grinding feats in the easy basket and expecting them to just be "gimme's", you should be building your SP up on easier feats then heading back to these ones, by the time you've got there I'd expect you'd have reasonably built, artifacts, augments and allies.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Another idiotic post…. It’s literally impossible for anything to get to a boss with 0 SP. You can sneeze and get SP. Just running random stuff you get sp. getting to 300sp is extremely easy these days. You want someone to do something with 0 sp even thou that’s literally impossible just shows how delusional you really are.
    • Like x 4
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It doesn't matter.... a clamp existed before augments.

These sentences literally make no sense.

"Your x proves the need for y. Knowing you would hate y they implemented y2. This proves that y was needed.. regardless of your hate."

This is actual jibberish.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

A clamp has to actually be material in order to be considered existent, you're just stretching reality. The clamp did not exist before augments, which came in during the Titans DLC.
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You know the 0 wasn't the end sp..... It was the start. (Hence the 'start a new character")

Calling somebody's post "idiotic" would be more impactful if you actually had comprehension of that was actually being said.

And if you didn't understand or maybe my post wasn't actually clear enough.... Maybe you should ask for clarity before you start throwing out insults.
    • Like x 1
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Denying the existence of something that clearly exists as a concept is the stretch..

But, contort yourself into whatever shape you need to deny reality, Mr. Armstrong.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Gotta admit, it was funny, right

[IMG]
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The game was never clamped, it did not exist, any level of discussion around its prior implementation does not amount to existence.

It exists only as a construct or idea not an actual reality.
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Careful... Your hypocrisy is showing.....
    • Like x 1
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Of course it does.... That's how things work in the real world. They start out as discussions, concepts, and ideas.

And existing ideas... have an impact on other ideas that don't exist, yet....

Is this really beyond your comprehension?

Are you that desperate to deny reality??
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all, I was highlighting the irony of yours :D

I have an idea for a house, does the house exist yet or is the house merely a construct in my mind. there's a difference, you're pretending both are the same
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Mine is an obvious joke... Him just calling something "idiotic" isn't.

Funny, how a guy with 750 sp can't tell the difference.

It existing as a concept caused you to buy the land and higher contractors.... See how that idea affects reality??? See how that works?

I swear.... I'm considering that head injury as less than a joke.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

If you're going to make a new account to ban evade Con, at least don't use the same insults that got you banned last time. :cool:
    • Like x 5
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED max artifacts/allies/SP to solo bounties for old content. For allies, just Krypto or House of Legends Bot is sufficient, and it is extremely easy to max level them and they do the best single target damage for allies.
    • Like x 1
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I had my suspicions too
    • Like x 3
  16. Ozman Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure you're the one who's taken a knock to the head if you genuinely believe something that only existed as an idea affected the actual game before it was ever implemented.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

one dude, a clarion and 24 skill points

Let's be honest too, I probably didn't even need the artifact either.

[IMG]

• Like x 5
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

No, that is irrelevant and they are only flaws in yours & his eyes, not mine. I dislike this individual for compounded other reasons that have added up to this point. Especially calling me a liar, like you do, and then the snarky little video posted in response to my expectation of an apology.

I am sick of the flagrant rudeness, and the hauteur.
    • Like x 3
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except that a clamp did not exist before augments or artifacts lol….. you’re just making things up at this point lol..

And if you can’t understand the rest it’s again an issue with you.

So you response to someone asking how much sp they should do a boss with was too suggest they start a new character. I got exactly what you said. Regardless, it was an idiotic suggestion. And incase you get confused. I called your suggestion idiotic, not you. There’s a difference..
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but you get offended to easily. Believe it or not I actually have no issues with you as a person. However you constantly let your emotions dictate your post. Your video did have flaws. Flaws you currently deny yet were pointed out by another individual which you accepted. But because someone you don’t like says it you deny it.

Facts are not dictated by emotion but by actual facts. Comparing one type of enemy to another and using that to show difference in difficulty is a huge flaw.
    • Like x 2