Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

Shouldn’t these be unclamped?To get a group to farm those bosses to finish those feats that are kill this boss a certain amount just to complete it’s ridiculous because you’ll barely get anyone to do those and in higher cr you can do it with one or 2 people.I feel like this is punishing for those who don’t have those feats
    • Like x 8
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

With a big phase... they can die in 10 to 30 seconds despite the clamp... and they happen more than you think.

If they weren't clamped... then we wouldnt be getting our source mark train running through all of the DLCs.

Its a small price to pay for a quick 300 marks a week. Juat be patient and sensitive to LFG so that you don't miss your boss when people are grinding it.
    • Like x 5
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The price is too high for my tastes.
    • Like x 7
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You are right it is punishment.
    • Like x 6
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Those open world areas are tied to the DLCs. Having the open world unclamped while the instanced content is clamped would be a nasty little bit of whiplash for players and cause more than a fair share of complaints on its own. So having both open world and instanced content clamped keeps continuity in the content constant.
    • Like x 3
  6. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

It doesn’t happen often and there’s a ton of DLCs that have those bosses.Am I supposed to wait 2 years or worse to complete it?Why punish others when not that many spam the boss you want?
    • Like x 3
  7. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

It’s the worse punishment imho because it’ll take a long time to even complete 1 boss
    • Like x 5
  8. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

So people are supposed to pray to even finish 1 boss and getting the people for it?are supposed to waste months just to finish a few of them by luck if others need it at the time you’re looking for players?
    • Like x 4
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

By my estimate of watching LFG in the 3 hours that I'm on a day... each boss will have a huge phase at least once a month. If you have a few friends to get the train started... you can do that too. A tank and a few dps is all you really need. Light up lfg and they will come. Starts slow... but the more you have... the more worthwhile it becomes to participate and before you know it... you can't even enter your own phase you were shouting for any more because there are so many people.
    • Like x 4
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Or they could try putting in some effort, whether it's by looking to build groups for those missions or by working on a loadout that gives them a chance at soloing said boss.

Those boss characters were built for being fought by groups, and the window for being able to just outlevel the content and curb-stomp those bosses solo has long since closed. Best advice I can give is to learn to adjust to the new reality.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It would show players the amount of strength & power they have been robbed of by the clamp. Brand new players will have no frame of reference as to how much has been taken away from them as older players do, so they don't feel the punishing sense of loss as I do when I rarely venture into Wonderverse.

If open world content is to be clamped, then so be it, but at least allow it to be on par with current EG open world difficulty level instead of what we've got now. Case in point: Using Sins of Black Adam as a CR 392 player - I can defeat adds in open world Khandaq in 3 hits. Going to Wonderverse, it takes me 6-7 hits to take down the adds. Old EEG open world content should not be more difficult than current EG content. It should at least be on par. I just don't get it. I really don't get why more people are not upset about this. Our progress is a waste in EEG. It makes me mad as.... well I can't say it but it really makes me mad.

At least the clamp is effective in keeping this high CR end game player out of their EEG content.
    • Like x 5
  12. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 4
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Are you putting the Wonderverse head augments on when you go back to Wonderverse content?

They all get knocked out to me pretty quickly…
    • Like x 4
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

No, I'm just going back with current SoBA Gold/Elite mixed level gear. I think I recycled the OP head gear from Wonderverse.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I've never heard of anyone complaining about open world adds having too much health before.

Do you even lift bro?
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can also solo most eeg open world bosses smoother than EG open world bosses. Don’t really care about random adds.

And saying it should be made to be unclamped so players can see what was “stolen” is just another reason for them to now allow this.
    • Like x 2
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

We talking about bounties here right?

Why not try soloing them in support role? Do solo bounty runs either on the day of weekly reset, or 1 day before, or 1 day after. This increases chances of encountering other players on their weekly bounty runs.

Eventually, gonna run into some ppl right?

Monitor LFG chat. Just add friends of those ppl who always post bounty runs and ask them if/when they schedule their bounty runs.
    • Like x 1
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yeah... and it's only compounded by the knowledge that if left to your own progress it wouldn't be that way...

But, it's okay... because you'll have the same 4 or 5 guys telling you that it's for the greater good that you have to work harder to play this game.. besides it's not really hard for them, as one of them will always point out that they can solo the bosses without you.
    • Like x 5
  19. Damon Clau New Player

Yeah as a player who doesn't know the game, or more accurately can't remember it, from before the stat clamps I can honestly say that it's better not knowing.

Bloody hells I'm agreeing with DeitySupreme... the world's not ending is it?
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I still havent recovered from the last one
    • Like x 2