What does update 39 give you...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marine Death, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Zuse Loyal Player

More decorating

since i have no more space in my bases
    • Like x 3
  2. Tikkun Loyal Player

My league had the most players on since Paradox. It feels so good to have the gang back together.
    • Like x 2
  3. Marine Death Committed Player

I wouldn't say our league was absent before this update. Definite positive change is ahead.
    • Like x 2
  4. Boyoblivious New Player

Love it
    • Like x 2
  5. Marine Death Committed Player

Maybe tonight will have a interruption free night on the ps so we can get some work done.
    • Like x 1
  6. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

To me, honestly, 0. I mean, my league is about 5 ppl, I've played 3 years without league hall, I can play months again without it till we earn the "prestige"... so well, who cares about the league hall... Other things? Uhm, the only "good" is about the fire update, I can keep to level my pg at 7, to test the new mechanic. But hell, 2 years to wait this amazing update and... ehm ehm... uhmm... ehm..uhm...yawn... ronf...zzzzzz
    • Like x 2
  7. xXxARMAGEDD0NxXx Well-Known Player

It has given many headaches
  8. RapidRay Committed Player

League management tools that were log overdue.
    • Like x 3
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

What I love about this update and what the developers have done the last few months is that they've given us things to do. Rather than just launching yet another power update that benefits very few people, they've taken the liberty to give us something extremely challenging (Survival Mode) and given us something to strive for (League Halls).

They did that before Amazon Fury became stale, too. At least for me. I'm still happy to run AF content. The best thing? We're days away from DLC11. Even more new content. Even more things to do. Plus a brand new grind. I can't wait.

Thumbs up to the developers. Here's hoping it continues.
    • Like x 1
  10. BigAl Devoted Player

Both of these. We had players coming out of the woodwork like mice. Yesterday may not have net as much prestige as the day before, but it was awesome to run stuff with old friends. That, in itself, was probably the best part of the update. :D

Oh, forgot to add. It also gives me a good laugh and a fun read. These forums are aflame again. Haven't been this bad since U36 and WM was releasing. :p
    • Like x 2
  11. Marine Death Committed Player

But the real question I have for you is did you have fun running with your alt? You can admit it.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheThud New Player

It may be my final reason to switch from fire to another power. Devs, this update did nothing to make fire more equal to the other powers. If you like to be competitive, DO NOT SWITCH TO FIRE!!!! THE AM IS HORRIBLE.
  13. winter13 New Player

headaches...loss of league....headache...loss of league................loss of league
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Barring the bugs and interruptions on the USPS side of things, i'm loving this update. It's given us something we sorely needed...another goal besides pure gear grind. Whether you were grinding gear for direct stats or for feat points, that grind started to get stale a bit. As the majority of us start getting closer to the current Skill Point cap, we need something else to work for on a regular basis. Plus as some have mentioned here and in other places, it's about time we got the much needed League Management tools...and we can only hope that whatever didn't make into this iteration can be added in future updates.

I'm also looking forward to old leaguemates coming back out of retirement and new people joining and keeping this game fun, and I get to decorate (let's hope for League Hall sized base items in the near future).:D

I like the new Fire mechanics, but at the moment can't figure out how to come close to Weapon Mastery levels of damage (it is fun experimenting though). As it is, there are some decent improvements to fire overall (like the higher damage for Spontaneous Combustion and not being stationary when casting Mass Det or Fireburst), and i'm glad the Devs have acknowledged that they will look into improving Fire Tanking somehow in the near future (cause i'd really like to be more of an asset in the support department...i've already proven myself to be a decent DPS).
    • Like x 1
  15. Feenicks New Player

I did sorta.
    • Like x 1
  16. Doc Holliday New Player

#QuoteOfTheYear

How do they not get this???????
  17. Starbrand Dedicated Player

A sense of "why the hell I am doing in this game"?
    • Like x 1
  18. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Chance to play "Destiny" Beta (with all stability issues on DCUO ;))

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

While League Halls have indeed given the game some replayability and a LOT of league recruitment activity, it will only be short-term. Once the Prestige level for purchasing and placing a Hall is hit, that activity will taper off as players will be able to turn in various items for much more Prestige than they can get from just running content (I have a staff worth 20kP sitting in my vault, as an example). There will continue to be some activity as people strive to get and keep all 13 bonuses, compete for statuary, etc but those will fade in time as it too becomes rote (like grinding for Marks of Whatever when a new Tier comes out).

While I definitely applaud the depth that League Halls add, I'm hoping they have more in store for them over the course of the next year or so (with the HoP DLC's) to give us more long-term replayability.

A really good example (at least to me) of replayability is what Marvel Heroes has done with Synergies, seasonal item crafting drops, Omega points, etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

Anyone want to say LEAGUE vs LEAGUE PvP in our halls? ;)
    And I want hall deco usable as a weapon!!!!
    • Like x 5