What do you think the game needs to make it better?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CypherXone, Jul 27, 2014.

1. zx192 Well-Known Player

I would like a supercharge like the ice Element in the Iconic tree.
    • Like x 1
  2. SaintWalker46 New Player

I think they should give every powerset a "pet". It's fun to have someone with you that fits your style, in my opinion (I don't just want the robot sidekick or whatever)

More complete styles where EVERY piece matches texture. So many styles have 1 or 2 pieces that are a different texture than the rest of the set, and it just looks weird.

I would like some more hairstyles . . . and also, the animal style skins should have muzzles, not just a human face with fur.

And um...a blue lantern powerset would be nice too.
  3. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

The furry toons should be given a more animal look to them. Absolutely.
  4. ArgoBlue New Player

The Tides of War summer event may have served as a test run for this power. Events like that not only treat the community, but they can also help developers measure the viability of an idea. I wouldn't be surprised if water-based powers are provided in the future, seeing as some characters in the mission were using them.

Polish, polish, POLISH!!! That's what I want. The movements in game are fun, but there need to be more and what's there needs to be smoother. Agreed on the backflips. If anything, at most make it that if you're acrobats, your character becomes more "acrobatic" from skill level. Maybe have it like level 5-10 increases their mobility. Or maybe if there is a skill point involved, it doesn't need to be an actual "power". Perhaps add it to movement mode. There also needs to be more work done on the 'stickiness of all the movements, especially super speed. As for flight, if you fly too fast you can sometimes get trapped into the ground. A warp usually pulls you out, but it shouldn't have to be like this. Of course, this brings me to another topic:

Yes, lag is a way of online life. It is accepted for the most part. However, the amount of glitches within the game seemed to hit a whole new level over the last month. I stopped paying for Legendary to focus on my studies since February, but when I returned last month the amount of times the game has shut down on everyone has been, dare I say it, unacceptable. And it's not only once every week (which is also bad), once every few days, or even once every day. It's NUMEROUS time per DAY! Returning after some time away from the game has definitely given me a new perspective on things. I continue to play Premium and am thinking about a possible return to Legendary soon because of the new (and very awesome) content. However, I think it is understandable if I delay making that commitment. The game is awesome, hard to deny that. However, its foundations need to investigated. Mainly, whether just a few hours of a 'hotfix' would be more beneficial overall than actually shutting the game down for a few days to a week to really get at the problem. The game crashes way too much right now.

Also, there's so much discussion about players not knowing their CHOSEN roles in game. There has to be a tutorial of sorts. People can choose to be what they want to be, but when they realize what their role is meant to be for a TEAM event, I would not be surprised to see many switch out and re-create their character BEFORE they hit level 30 (or even 10 for that matter). Rather than hear from some randoms over the mic telling them how to play, the game ITSELF will tell them what they have chosen so that they will back out and assume a role that will actually be more desirable and help them be more effective in the game, and at their best for not only themselves, but for their teams. I remember playing a 4-player event in Arkham where I was a DPS Gadgets, and I was alongside 2 players in who did not understand what was happening and a fire character. One was a controller, the other was mental. The controller did not provide any health or energy for his teammates, and his friend (possibly girlfriend) were cracking jokes about how horrible me and the other guy were. The other player eventually left, followed by another who left, and eventually it got to a point where we realized that it was pointless. It then came to a point where they discussed kicking me from the game, but the girl didn't even know how, so I let myself out! Terrible! They didn't GET "IT"! They didn't know why they weren't "just 'winning'". This couple (or whatever) were unprepared. Let's try not to have this happen more often when characters are well above level 30 and it gets real.

Ultimately, I believe that gameplay mechanics, the foundations of the actual game itself, and actually education players on how to get the most out of their gameplay experience should be the focus before anything else is implemented. Whether that will be the case is up in the air.
    • Like x 1
  5. Toybox New Player

I'd like to use Legends characters in the 1 player challenges. Since no one else can participate, it hurts no one if I run through Gotham Warehouse as Bane or Two-Face, but spices the gameplay up some & gives me a reason to earn PVP marks or buy from the Marketplace with Station Cash the additional Legends characters.

If we take that further to Duos (which would be the next logical step though not really necessary), then you can add feats for playing through Duo maps as 'World's Finest' - Complete all duos Batman/Superman teamed together. 'Dynamic Duo' for Batman/Robin 'Brave & the Bold' for GL & Flash.

I mentioned something similar two years back & I think the Huntress/Bizarro missions eventually came of the suggestion. Unfortunately it's gated content I still haven't had a chance to play through them. So please do not put single player challenges behind unrealistic requirements.
    • Like x 2
  6. Toxiic Committed Player

Summer event been there since forever. Definitely not "testing ideas" lol.
  7. Horrorshow New Player

Lets add this one:

1) Update all existing styles such as skins, faces, and sets.