What do you think the game needs to make it better?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CypherXone, Jul 27, 2014.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The AWESOME MECHANIC is different for each power and because of that, you won't find a clear cut guide. However, if the implemented my number item it could include an instance where it show you how to use your specific power Awesome Mechanic...
  2. Koolandria New Player

Two things i just saw recently. On the chat tab some on PC have a damage tab and it tells them the damage out and healing recieve though its hard to read. Since forever the end alert chart has been the same That is what needs and update. Maybe have it clickable on a name and have it tell you more than dmg in dmg out heal out/in pow in/out. Other i cant find it its on one of these post was an updated list of WM combos and what there base/crit damage is plus how much power it saves for support roles.
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Dynamic instance scaling base on group CR

More, better, interesting loot

Aura's as equip able armor pieces

Aura's that offer stat bonuses protective aura, aggressive aura

Better crafting system to enhance gear

Legends test phase

Access to legends in PVE that scale with CR

War Dog, eagles, phoenix, light construct pet trinkets

A fix to HL and celestial

Accrued styles account bound

Account bound counter for any feat requiring over 100 of anything

Gear that when modded correctly gives access to a power point or skill point

Gear that has power specific bonuses

Hydra from gates boss fight base item

Boost 3 and 4 mainframe enhancements

More legends characters and more ways to use them in pvp and pve

A player design kit for ps and PC

The DCUO app that has been rumored for a year

New weapons and movements modes

A legends alternate skins pack marketplace item

An aura pack marketplace item

An end to booster bundles

From another thread Alfred Pennyworh

Just to name a few things
    • Like x 2
  4. Toxiic Committed Player

Water powers. There i said it! :eek:
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Auras in the marketplace.
    • Like x 3
  6. Horrorshow New Player

1) More customization. I like a lot of the ideas in this thread and the Developers should really consider it.
    2) Completely revamp Iconic Powers and give us powers based off of Legends Characters we unlock. Make all Iconic Powers viable in PVP and PVE. Seriously, what is the point in having them in the game if we cannot even use them?

- I say completely gut all powers in the movement trees and move it to Iconic Powers. Add generic punch and kick attacks, just like the Legends characters use, based off of the player's original weapon selection. Add generic movement mode attacks, just like the Legends character use, based off of the player's movement mode. Revamping Iconic Powers to this will unlock the customization players have been asking for since launch. Add weapon and movement mode attacks as well as certain Legends character attacks that are unlocked when players acquire a new Legends toon.

3) Release weapons and styles that are already coded in the game.

4) A Faction VS Faction open world PVP system, sort of like Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls world PVP.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

1. A balanced PvP system.
    • Like x 3
  8. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

I want new mentors and scarves.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

1) A bigger budget. Right now it feels as if this game has been on life support for a long time now. It feels as if the devs have been instructed to work under a very low budget and for them try to extract as much money from us while they can.

2) Stop support for the PS3. I am not saying they should stop supporting the PS3 but I do think that the game can't get significantly better while it continues to do so.

3) Perhaps new people in charge of the game. It's hard to tell due to the limitations caused by #1 and #2 but it sometimes seems as if the devs don't really have any novel ideas.

4) For the devs to stop listening to the players. This sounds weird, I know but I simply think the devs are harming the game because they are trying to please too many people at once. I would rather the game be absolutely great for some people than it be mediocre for everyone. Since F2P came about, it has been the latter.
    • Like x 1
  10. Horrorshow New Player

Besides the bit about the PS3, since we all know my feelings towards the PS3 platform, I completely disagree with everything you listed. The game is finally starting to improve and players are slowly starting to come back. All of the work the Developers have been doing is bringing past members back. The Developers should have been listening to the community long ago. In my opinion, I think the Developers are doing a fine job now.
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

You're so brave. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. unfunnyusername New Player

• The UI is horrible.
    Why does completing a quest automatically close the journal so I have to re-open it to complete multiple quests?
    Why don't tells automatically open separate chat tabs so I can converse privately to someone without having to put a command prefix in front of everything?
    I can't paste into game chat? :negative:
    Chat in general is pretty awful compared to virtually every other MMO out there.
    Does mail access need to be gated off into safehouses, HQ and bases? Do proto mailbot sales really keep DCUO afloat?

• Armouries.
    These need to actually store the gear you imprint. The current system of having to bank multiple suits of armour for different roles is just bad. People are more likely to spend the £$ on additional armouries if they were more functional.

• More Story / Context.
    This needs a little explaining. I went Legendary shortly after hitting 30 and, frankly, the way DLC 'storylines' are introduced was disappointing. While playing the main game Mentor storylines, I actually felt semi-immersed - Calculator or Oracle or the various Mentors would call me up and tell me to go meet so and so, who would explain a situation and send me to go beat up 30 dudes and smash 15 things because reasons. Sure, the immersion was thin but at least it was there. Lightning Strikes just drops a new Duo into your On Duty menu and says "There you go." Battle For Earth's additions were a little better in terms of being placed in the ongoing context of things.

But so much of the content in DCUO after the main storyline feels disconnected from the rest of the world, you walk through a portal to go somewhere and you have no real feel for why you're doing it and what you're meant to do when you get there. I'm there to grind MoT and when that's obviously why I'm there, it takes some of the fun out. Raids and Alerts are especially bad for this, because you're generally running them with people who've already done them at least twice, know where they're going and what they're doing and want to get the job of killing the boss and getting their purple box over and done with as fast as possible. More solo missions that lead a player into these things would help to give them a sense of place in the wider DCU and make them feel less grindy. Doesn't have to be a lot - just a short "This thing is happening, this is what I want you to do about it" message from your mentor and an 'introductory' mission would do.

I seriously believe that having a solo version of every raid and alert in the game, with substantially lower loot rewards, that a player runs once before unlocking the 2, 4 and 8 player versions would make them feel less random and more part of the world. It would also give players a chance to become familiar with the layout of a map and hunt for Briefs, Collections and Investigations without either getting in the way of their raid group or having to get 7 other people together just so you can find a glowing blue !.

In relation to the above, wouldn't it be cool if flying 'too far' along the bridges out of Metropolis/Gotham took you to a portal to other places, like Coast City or even just the other one out of Metro/Gotham, depending on where you started?

Oh, and Unskippabble Cutscenes?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

WE ARE NOT GETTING BACK TO THIS!
  14. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Give me a horse and I would never do a mission again. I would ride around sunny metropolis.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ice Clown New Player

yes all of this^. plus...

a new movement what i call "brute", being able to charge super strong leaving footsteps behind and pushing everything out of the way (like low cr enemies and environmental things like cars) and jump super high. kinda like hulk, doomsday, and other monstrous brutes

new body styles to make us big as doomsday or bane (when hes pumped up 3x). i want to make a random transformer with a bunch of robotic styles

its been a while since we got a new weapon. new weapons like whip, shield + something else, 1 hand pistol, spear (and NO! STAFF IS NOT A SPEAR. SPEAR IS ABOUT POKING NOT SMACKING!)
    wheres my shield and sword? wheres my shield and spear? i want to be a knight!!!!
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Fantastic idea to improve Armories!
  17. Octantis New Player

Bank Robberies.

With hostages.

Whoever heard of a Super Hero universe without bank robberies and hostages?
    • Like x 2
  18. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Yes!!!

I can't be a true villain because I haven't robbed a bank!!!

(Here's a crazy idea to create lots of fun and lag!)
    Place banks around Gotham City and Metropolis... say 2 or 3 per city
    A villain or group of villains (up to 4 in the team) in open-world PvP can rob the bank...

Stage 1:
    IF they can't defeat all guards inside, break open the vault, and get out of the bank in less than 2 minutes...
    Police quickly surround the bank, blocking a quick escape, so the villains are inside the bank with 4 or 5 hostages per villain.
    Oracle notifies all Heroes in PvP in that city of the bank robbery.
    Then, after a 5 second delay, Calculator tells all the villains in PvP in that city that some of the newer society members need help!
    The Heroes goal is to take down all the villains without having any hostages injured: If this is successful, the Heroes win. Reward appropriately. This should be the largest prize available to the heroes. This also ends the encounter.
    The villains goal is to take down 4 heroes without having any hostages injured: If this is successful, Reward the villains a small prize, zap all nearby heroes away (like at a safehouse) and proceed to stage 2.

Stage 2:
    If 1 or 2 villains are robbing the bank, a large loot bag appears.
    If 3 or 4 villains are robbing the bank, 3 large loot bags appear.
    These bags can be carried at full speed, no limitations to movement, but the toon can't carry the bag and attack!
    The villains can pick up the bag, and the next stage begins!
    Oracle again notifies all Heroes in PvP in that city of the bank robbery: Suspects are fleeing the scene.
    Then, after a 5 second delay, Calculator tells all the villains in PvP in that city that some of the newer society members need help!
    The goal is to get the goods to the safehouse.
    When someone is downed, they leave the bag there, where someone else can pick it up.
    Villains try to get it to the closest nightclub.
    Heroes try to get it to the closest police station.

An Iconic hero or villain pair will be encountered just outside the destination...
    North Burnley: Batman and Robin or Joker and Harley
    Burnley: Nightwing and Huntress or Clayface and Croc
    Little Bohemia: Superman and Supergirl or Luthor and Zod
    Chinatown: Wonder Woman and Zatanna or Circe and Brother Blood
    Midtown: Captain Marvel and the Flash or Black Adam and Grodd

If the heroes succeed in stage 2, their reward is smaller than the reward for saving all hostages.
    If the villains get the goods to the safehouse, they receive a larger reward: This is their ultimate goal in this situation.

Note: If the villains can get in and out in under two minutes, proceed to stage 2 without a hostage situation.
    • Like x 3
  19. Octantis New Player

I meant more for PvE, like a Challenge or a Duo, but more open-world PvP would be good, too.
    • Like x 1
  20. jedimaster91 Active Player

All of the yes! I would do more with armories, but I don't have enough bank space for my troll gear, DPS, and PvP (if I ever get around to doing that), exos, soders, etc. Definitely would love it if armories were their own storage banks just for the imprinted gear.