What did the devs do for 5 months?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

The raids and alert are short. They recycle three boss fights Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Braniac. They recycle assets for the maps. Open world is a reskin.

This should be like a small update after a month, we should be getting a raid/alert every month.

The big update should have two of everything at least and that's full raids not boss fight raids to make it look like there's more than there is.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We did monthly content in the past where it was just 2 pieces of content a month. It was absolutely horrible. Best gear was RNG and craftable accessories, everything was divided between multiple episodes. Storylines were split up, very lite on open world content, very few things were not recycled. The only good piece of content to come out of that was Darkseid's War Factory. I don't think anyone with any sense wants to go back to that.
    • Like x 15
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

Can't imagine there has been anything going on for the past several months that would have made game design problematic, like needing to work from home and personnel shuffles. Must be just slacking, I guess. Maybe they did it just to irritate you, personally.
    • Like x 10
  4. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Well it's not like the entire world has been on lockdown because of a global pandemic that has killed 3.1 million people with another 149Million cases. Maybe they just.... wanted to be lazy....
    • Like x 4
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

We did have SM. A number of devs have left so the team is maybe smaller now than it was.

At this stage given the many storylines DCUO has and episode content I can't imagine much content left that wouldn't reuse assets from places we have already been to. We are also going to alternate universes and fractured universes which would make sense for the reused assets as well - you could argue from a story point of view to a degree.

Even though open world is Gotham its not even a part of Gotham we've been to before, or at least when the buildings weren't bottled up. So its not like a replica of Earth 3 Gotham or Origin Crisis Gotham or JLD Gotham etc.

Alert does look great - elite alert is pretty interesting have to say. Not usually a fan of elite alerts but this one has won me over. There are plenty of newer elements to the alert bosses too.

Flashtastic Voyage just needs to be tuned a bit then its fine. Flash to the Future - just one boss with 3 loot drops through the fight isn't enough. 5-10 (to 15) minute raid even with pugs. This alone is a quick marks/renown farm so anyone with replays will have the episode done in no time. Flash to the Future (normal and elite standard difficulty) has likely been the main reason everything feels so short, players can gear really fast from farming this.

The raids do need to be longer to keep the episode alive and well for longer - but that said it is a free episode. For a free episode the episode does what it needs to. If you're a veteran player and/or willing to spend replay badges, this episode is very short indeed.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I like this DLC's content. The story is pretty good. The content is engaging.

The one thing that I hate in it is how they did generator mods.

NEVER EVER SAY MONTHLY CONTENT WAS BETTER! EVER!
    • Like x 12
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well between this episode, the expanded anniversary event and survival mode, they’ve done more in the past 5 months than you have. :p
    • Like x 8
  8. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

If they didn't have a well established history of copy/pasting content/mechanics/bosses from one DLC to the other, your argument might have a stronger leg to stand on. Your reason only explains the 3 DLCs that have come out over the past year. And I'm not even sure that completely covers it, because they've admitted in the past both on here and on livestreams (and its just pure common sense) that they work multiple DLC's into the future. So while DLC 40 may have just launched, they're probably already starting to finalize work on DLC 41/42. And this is not counting the spring/summer seasonal coming up over the next few months also.

I'm not saying you're totally 100% completely wrong. However the OP does have a somewhat valid point with the reskinning and copy/pasting of pieces from one DLC to the next.
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Jack said in all his past interviews the pandemic increased their productivity.
    • Like x 1
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They worked on SM, the anniversary event and Flashpoint, There is usually 1 episode a year that has a bigger gap, it just happened to be the worst one this time.

They tried doing monthly content before and it was garbage, plus, they don't have the manpower to do a giant episode and so many periodic launches. In reality I don't think any company does that, because it doesn't really make sense.
    • Like x 2
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Every episode from now on is going to be free most likely, plus it's not really a excuse, as they could have made it paid 1 day before announcing it and we'd have the same content.

Agree with everything else though. I feel like the devs working on raids have been (with all due respect) gambling with millions of dollars here. They can't just deliver 2 raids that in their hardest modes can be finished in under 15 minutes and expect them to last for 4 months without players complaining. There are simple adjustments that can be made to a episode to make it last much much longer. They went in the right path with the multiple elite difficulties, but they missed the target really bad.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And by 'very lite' you mean none...worst period ever.
    • Like x 4
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Essentially. I didn't want to completely discredit the additions to Battlezone Metropolis and
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Not saying that this dlc is bad.

But we gotta stop using covid as an excuse, this dlc was no different then any that came before the pandemic
    • Like x 1
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

And by additions you mean one :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Can you say "story" in this type of DLC formula? Honestly, I don't know how you come up with that! :D
  17. C3alix Committed Player

WHYYYYYY do we get so many generator mod drops?!
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because once upon a time I said that generator mods were not dropping enough and they took that personally.
    • Like x 6
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Wait until you find out what you have to do with them...
    • Like x 2
  20. Robotsidekick Active Player

I wasn't here for that, so you are saying the community would prefer waiting 3-5 months for 1 raid and 1 alert then trying to get content every month again with better execution?