What DC Characters Can't Be Built In DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olovan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Olovan New Player

This is a mix between DC trivia and guessing at what the next powersets will be.

So far DC characters that I know of that we can't really build in DCUO would be:
    Aquaman (no Water powers. Closest you could get would be Ice which doesn't really work)
    PlasticMan (No body shifting powers. Nature animal shifting is the closest you can come and it's pretty lack luster)

Those are the 2 that really pop out to me as DC characters we can't emulate in DCUO. What are characters you can think of that we can't emulate in DCUO or powersets that might be added in the future.
    • Like x 1
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Plastic man would be a pretty cool power. It would suffer as far as the bursting colors go from most powers, but you could say the same about gadgets
  3. Cloud_9 New Player

The Aqua family (-man, -lad, etc.)
    Any non-Green, non-Sinestro Lantern Corp member.
    Cyborg, Blue Beetle, etc (cybernetics)
    PlasticMan, Giganta, and other body-changers
    Brother Blood (could be group together with Red Lantern stuff if you stretched your definitions)
  4. Olovan New Player

Isn't that covered by Gadgets? I mean for example with Blue Beetle you could just put someone in a blue powersuit and give them handblasters and flying and the gadget powerset and you'd be good to go.
    • Like x 5
  5. Circe New Player

Cheetah. No "feral" powers yet.
  6. Lucaefor New Player

They could add Constantine as a legend when the celestial powers go in
  7. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Giganta/Atom: Size Alteration
    Red Tornado: Air Manipulation
    Vixen/Animal Man: Animal Mimicry
    Element Woman/Metamorpho: Element Alteration
    There are a huge list but I can't think of them right now.

As others above mentioned, Cyborg, Plastic Man/Elongated Man, and Cheetah.

• Like x 5
  8. Fools Fire Loyal Player

I mentioned a week ago I thought Toy Master would be a great power set.
    • Like x 2
  9. Little Sister New Player

Lobo.

There is no bad-*** powerset yet.
    • Like x 16
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Jimmy Olsen.

Theres no, "Just some regular dude" powerset.
    • Like x 7
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes having Plastic Man's powers would be cool..... although I have no idea how they could pull this off.

Heck it would allow us to create the last of the Fantastic Four. Right now we can create the Human Torch, the Invisible Woman, and the Thing (sort of). With Plastic Man's power we would finally be able to create the last piece of the puzzle... Mr Fantastic. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would love for them to do a size changing power set. .

I would love to be able to create a Giant-man type of character somehow. Which identity to chose?? Giant-Man??? Goliath?? Yellow Jacket?? Ant-man??? Decisions... decisions... ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

Superman - No physical powerset
    WonderWoman - No physical powerset
    Martian Manhunter - No physical powerset
    Donna Troy - No physical powerset
    WonderGirl - No physical powerset
    Superboy - No physical powerset
    Captain Marvel (aka Shazam) - No physical powerset
    Mary Marvel - No physical powerset
    Captain Marvel Jr. - No physical powerset
    PowerGirl - No physical powerset
    Big Barda - No physical powerset
    Atom Smasher - No physical powerset / Grow Iconic
    Hawk - No physical powerset
    Dove - No physical powerset
    Mister Miracle - No physical powerset
    Hourman I - No physical powerset
    Hourman II - No physical powerset
    Hourman III - No physical powerset
    Hawkman - No physical powerset
    Hawkgirl - No physical powerset
    Steel - No physical powerset
    Robotman - No physical powerset
    Icon - No physical powerset
    Orion - No physical powerset
    Damage - No physical powerset
    Sodam Yat - No physical powerset
    Cara Yat - No physical powerset
    Diro Yat - No physical powerset
    Laurel Gand - No physical powerset
    Mon-El - No physical powerset
    Andromeda - No physical powerset
    Roxxas - No physical powerset

Doomsday - No physical powerset
    Black Adam - No physical powerset
    Solomon Grundy - No physical powerset
    Bane - No physical powerset
    Zod - No physical powerset
    Ursa - No physical powerset
    Non - No physical powerset
    Faora - No physical powerset
    Bizarro - No physical powerset
    Darkseid - No physical powerset
    Kalibak - No physical powerset
    Mongul - No physical powerset
    Mammoth - No physical powerset
    Blockbuster - No physical powerset
    Rampage - No physical powerset
    Fury - No physical powerset
    Deathstroke - No physical powerset
    Killer Croc - No physical powerset
    Cheetah - No physical powerset
    Giganta - No physical powerset / Grow Iconic
    Maxima - No physical powerset
    Ultraman - No physical powerset
    SuperWoman - No physical powerset

Fairchild - No physical powerset
    Majestic - No physical powerset

Starfire - No Cosmic Rays powerset / - No physical powerset
    Red Tornado - No Air powerset
    Vixen - No Animal Mimicry powerset
    Raven - No Shadow powerset
    Obsidian - No Shadow powerset
    Shade - No Shadow powerset

Plastic Man/Elongated Man - Technically not possible to do (without it looking horrendous).
    • Like x 14
  14. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

Would you like a physical powerset?
    • Like x 15
  15. SuperiorMouse New Player

I would. Thank you for asking :)

but seriously, the OP asks for characters which can't be built properly in the game with the existing powers. just happens that many of DC's most popular characters can't. I did try to list other popular characters I could think of with non physical powers. but it's a short list :)
    • Like x 5
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

While I agree wholeheartedly that we need a physical power set, Superman would be easy to do with a combination of Earth, Iconic, and Flying powers. Unfortunately, that would only be for aesthetic purposes. It would kind of suck regarding power interactions and buffs.

I semi agree about Plastic powers. Yes, your character couldn't elongate without warping the model. But they could do it like every other shape change and have your character disappear with another model taking it's place. So, in my mind, the power would be more like Clayface to make it more visually appealing.

As for the OP's question, we can't do Parasite. No power absorption and mimicry.

And the suggestion of the Atom's powers, I think that would be completely pointless. You character gets a little bigger (can't be too big or it won't fit in some areas) or it becomes smaller. Or "microscopic" and your character just isn't there. The only size change I would like would be for a Super Strength power set, and just have it grow a little bigger, like Bane.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For what it's worth, Brawling, the Super Strength iconic power and Shards and Jackhammer from the Earth power set have done fine enough by me and more than decently match what I could do with the Super Strength-type power set in Champions Online during my time there.

I'm sure others will disagree, but it's worked well enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

For me, I'm nitpicky. My character isn't an "earth" character. Shards and Jackhammer are fine, but things like summoning dust clouds doesn't work for me. I want my Super Strength character to be super strength, not seismic. Plus, in my mind, I picture the second tree in a Physical power set to be Super Speed. And no, the Super Speed movement powers are no substitute. I'm sure we'll have it someday. The devs obviously know it's probably the most requested power, and they said they wanted to do it right and not rush to get it out there.
    • Like x 1
  19. Enzan Committed Player

SPIDERMAN! ... Oh wait... Well, I do see a bunch of Spidermans on DCUO.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I guess that's where we differ. In any game I've played, I look at what's offered and work with it, and I've never had any problems when doing that. Also, for me both Jackhammer and Shards are interchangeable with Super Strength moves because of the number of comics/movies/cartoons I've seen where super strength characters do moves exactly like that. Brawling covers other aspects, and in a pinch the Earth pull move can be a manifestation of something like Superboy's tactile telekinesis (if I'm not lunging in with a punch I'm pulling lol). I do admit to using some other Earth abilities (supercharge heal for emergencies, Crystal golem mainly) but compared to other Earth moves they're pretty low key.

Plus, as much credit as I give the devs for making power sets with unique play styles, for some reason I have trouble imagining them making a physical power set that wouldn't be extremely derivative of what can be done already with powers and abilities already in the game. Kind of weird when I think about it because I have no trouble imagining the devs making a Light-based Tank class to go along with the War of Light DLC coming up. o_O Could be because I see the tools for doing a physical power set as being available in the game already and I'm making use of them.

Guess a lot of it is personal perceptions, that's all.
    • Like x 2