What competitive pvpers want

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ace1, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Quick3nd New Player

*than

and there's many of us who pvp'ed alot more than you do or do premades a lot more than you do.i think you know this quite well yourself.
    but seriously, what's the point of you posting in this thread? nobody is forcing you to be a part of this thread, if you feel like you yourself are done complaining and have given up on makign a difference in the pvp community... then all you have to do is continue playing your game instead of coming in here saying things like... i beat this guy i beat that guy in eupc, uspc, i pvp'ed a lot more than all of you, i recognize the problem existing in pvp but unlike you i just leave everything to the devs.

the problem is pvp has been largely ignored for a long time... hence no matchmaking system, no balance, pve toys/trinkets, ******** mainframe mods. yes pvp community is smaller now, but the fact that this community is smaller is because it has been a victim for long time. Everything has a cause and effect.... if SOE did not balance the game for pvp, naturally more people will be turned off by it. and that's not our fault as the pvp community, that's the devs and their lack of foresight.
  2. Quick3nd New Player

if you agreed that this game's pvp is not going the right direction and that SOE hasn't done a damn thing about it.... how is this a ME ME ME attitude from us? if we are getting our voices heard for a legit reason?

so by your logic, if there's something wrong in the society, and people do a peaceful protest, in your eyes, they're just like a bunch of babies saying ME ME ME ME ME!? but you're the better man for standing idle on the sideline and watch the world burn huh?
  3. Mista E New Player

You know what I am tired if...?.??.?.??... Is how easily butt bucks are counterfeited. I swear I tried to cash in and exchange some
    Of my butt bucks for butt goodies but I couldn't because apparently they weren't real butt bucks ... Because they were cereal box tops... So there was no hair pulling allowed last night ... :( and that makes me sad.
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just let it go. We all agree on the issue, just tackle it at different angles (some more elegantly than others).
    • Like x 1
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Best post on here +1
  6. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Actually, conceding that proves that I was right, but as you said moving forward.

You speak here like you're the only one. I understand that with this forum merge a lot of new names are popping up for you, but from what I've seen in this thread the majority of the people posting comments here have been doing the same. So have I.

I get it. You're disgruntled. I have a few friends that are in the same place you're at. Raging on the people who are still willing to voice the same opinions that you have isn't the answer though. Regardless of how effective YOU feel it will be, these folks haven't slipped into apathy over all this like you have and all you're doing right now is going to accomplish nothing but getting another thread shut down that is getting support from the players. Just walk away, dude.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Please stay on topic everyone.
    • Like x 1
  8. SlayingDaimon New Player

Back to the question I proposed earlier, if we could both do PvP and PvE content at the same time through a system similar to or improved upon the competitive raiding idea I mentioned here, would it be help to make the grind for marks fun? Granted it is a very basic overview and is an incomplete idea but there wasn't much interest shown.
  9. Volaron New Player

Let's try to support ideas rather than see who has the biggest troll face here. God forbid we get this topic closed, no one would benefit from that.
  10. Wilder Midnight New Player

actually i love this idea. i remember suggesting something similar on the old forums like a year and a half ago. the dlc4 stuff is close but what i have in mind would more like competitive pve. two teams start off on opposite sides of a map and have to work thier way in fighting ads and clearing a few puzzles to get to the boss. the team that gets there first and takes him down wins while the other team has to try again. you can attack and interact with the other team if that suits you but it wont get you the loot drop. you have to kill the boss.
  11. SlayingDaimon New Player

I'm actually of the mind that making it so every 5 player kills would drop tactics and an escalating amount of triumphs for each boss killed but would only award them to the team that did the most damage like how open world bounties work. Just put a repair vender before the bosses and move the door behind the rally point and instant fun.
    I would LOVE raiding if this was implemented and that is a complete reversal of how I feel about it at the moment. Pretty much any raid they develop I would only ask for them to put this feature in and would be more than willing to run them as often or maybe more than arenas.
  12. xThe BlackDeath New Player

1. I would like all tiers of pvp gear to be closer in stats. That way a tier 1 can still put up a good fight and have a chance to learn from his/her mistakes.
    2. A special que only for premades. It can give special marks for gear that is little better than the latest and greatest gear. Boxes can give out a super rare pvp trinket or pvp utility belt.
    3. More feats.
    4. Unique gear with more variety of stats and affinities to purchase with marks.

EDIT:
    5. Have specific mainframe mods for pvp gear only. Purchaseable with pvp marks. No henchman, sidekick, or anymore pets of any kind. Just combat boosts.
  13. SlayingDaimon New Player

Another thing i see pop up is a request to the role dynamics in regards to pvp. Basically tanks want to tank, controllers want to control, healers want to heal, and dps's want to nuke everything.
  14. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Thanks everyone for getting back on topic.
  15. Woodler New Player

Is there anyway to make tanks, actually tank in pvp? How would that work?
    Maybe have tanks give members of the group a toughness boost - so the only way to get rid of that would be to kill the tank first? Or maybe have tanks absorb a portion of the groups damage - the quicker you kill them the easier it is to wipe the rest of the team..,

these are probably meh ideas but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling...
  16. SlayingDaimon New Player

They're having a discussion of it here and I will be posting the following but with might/precision stats when I am finished updating and have access to the t4 vender again. 2 hours and only at 44% so the stats would be nice to have.

I don't expect much positive feedback on my viewpoints as a controller but I like the idea of making it so when a tank uses a cleanse they provide up to 3 allies in line of sight immunity and damage prevention equal to restoration + dominance for 5 or 6 seconds. Possibly add health, defense, or damage reduction if its a higher tiered power. The biggest issue is a lack of incentive to focus fire tanks and I believe this will be a good idea to raise their priority.

Gwalir11 and Coldhardpizza also had a great idea on making willpower a player stat equal to dominance. This still wouldn't address the facts that controllers can't control as well as they used to but it would make it so tanks would be harder to deal with if they wear appropriate gear and impossible for controllers wearing dps gear. Another popular idea from was debuffing vitalization but I would only like to see it lowered by 350 as that is the controller bonus which would basically force controllers wearing dps gear into playing as a dps to kick butt. .

If you look at the core strength damage buffs with confidence boost and might/precision on gear you'll see controllers get less damage than the rest. Also dominance increases tanks survivability passively and controllers don't get the same Controllers survivability depends on disrupting thier opponents and breakout/counters make that extremely difficult already. All roles are able to strip their counter roles shields with a power so shields are more or less fair. If you rank gear for damage and survivability (what I consider the most important part in PvP) you should see tank gear is not useless.

Damage boost
    Healers 170%
    DPS 170% - 160%
    Tanks 155%
    Controllers 145% or 146% with penetrating strike.

T4 Gear might/precision (factors contributing to surviavility)
    DPS (health and toughness)
    Tank (health, toughness, dominace, restoration, control resistance, damage prevention and heals, )
    Healer (health, toughness, restoration, heals)
    Controller (health and toughness)

The removal of breakout immunities at the least and putting debuff serum on a cool down in addition to the above would basically make it so both tanks and controllers could do their jobs again.

Side note:
    How come tank gear gets better might/precision then healers and controllers if they get passive bonuses from dominance and better health/defense then either? I think this is probably the reason for the dps proxies more than anything and bringing healer/controller might/precision equal to tanks would help get rid of them.
  17. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

Bounce pads are not OP. <--- if you are worried about this; There is something wrong with you...

What i want is.. Break out immunity to work (has been busted for ages), Break out cool down to be reduced down closer to what it use to be at. All block breaks be a simple triangle tap. Rock,Paper,scissors system that remotely puts an effort at balance... And the knock down mechanic not be a patch over that makes you waste colas/trinkets/powers and still get a cooldown. <--- like this on ps3 not sure on pc.

Make pvp fun again
  18. Mista E New Player

i bet i can make you rage in a match by using jump pads.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our current PvP plans are for updates, not DLCs.*

*Of course, this is subject to change at any time.
    • Like x 2
  20. Volaron New Player

If I guess the month the next major pvp change will drop will you tell me if i'm right? :p