What competitive pvpers want

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ace1, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Now that we have both ps3 and pc players together I wanted to start this thread to see exactly what pvpers want (hopefully the devs see this as well).

1: A TDM with no jump pads, buffs or npc's

2:take the pve aspect out of pvp

3: lobbies

What are the main things you all want?
    • Like x 10
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

Recipes, Mods, styles (not gear, just styles) and additional items available for purchase with marks and only useable on PVP gear.
    • Like x 2
  3. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

yea conversations are really going to be interesting to watch with the influx of the ps3 pvp majority community with the pc players.

My list would be: no utility belts and only trinket can be the pvp breakout one and the soda is infinite cool down one similar to legends. This would stop any dlc trinket spam, pets, serums etc because nothing could be swapped out or in. The mods from dlc 6 I dont have an issue with in pvp, some are more unbalanced then others but it does bring something new to the table in regards to pvp and with the lock on the soda and trinket slots it would go a long way to bring order back to chaos.
  4. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I agree (ps3 user here) we usually go to 5v5 chat to sync matches and agree on no pets except watcher. I'm fine with white mods(they have actually sped pvp up on the ps3 side)
  5. Battle Man Committed Player

More incentive for more players to World PvP.
  6. Eminence Dedicated Player

open world pvp just doesnt work for me on the ps3, with all the freezing. i would be surprised to see if they do add any incentive, ive been asking for it for awhile now.
  7. JMBOO New Player

Balancing the Blockbreak/Block windows.

Stabilizing the mechanics over-all.
  8. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Get you friends friends to go to this thread to get the devs attention.
  9. Eminence Dedicated Player

someone had an idea before about a hardcore mode, think its a good idea. no pve stuff can be equipped and maybe losing the perk of getting immunity from blocking.
  10. Eminence Dedicated Player

i agree with the interruption windows with blockbreakers, they should all be in line with pistols, no window after the animation.
  11. CCBatson Dedicated Player

The Devs have already flat out said that you're not going to find the new gear taken out of PVP. If you want equitable and balanced PVP, play Legends; their words not mine. I have to say that I kind of see where they are coming from. Some people like variation and options. Their 'build' ideal is as many choices and possibilities in combination as possible. They tend to thrive in the current OW and Arena environment. In dice RPG's they are often called power gamers or min-maxers. It's not a judgement call, and I am not saying they are wrong for wanting to use all the choices available to them for the best build. It's actually a very good testing ground for innovation IMO. For those that don't think along those lines however, you do have the option of limiting yourself along a 'stock' build NASCAR style method of play, which is Legends. I am neither saying one is better or worse than the other. But different minds are gonna find different things that intrigue them about both. One gives you the 'toolbox' and your choices determine how good the final result are, and one makes the best of what you are given.
    • Like x 3
  12. ToneMD New Player

Make 3 maps (2 v2, 4v4, and 8v8) consisting of an open field and a skybox. No building, no buffs, no jump pads, etc. Strip all stats from gear, weapons, consumables and prematch buff/debuffs. Do not allow trinkets or consumables. Put 5 minutes on the clock with the only objective to kill the other team.

Hopefully that would placate the "competitive pvpers". This is what they consistently ask for. Sounds boring to me but...

Edit* Forgot to add "Strip away all effects from skill points as the addition of those straddles the fence of PVE/PVP content."
    • Like x 1
  13. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I agree I don't like being cookie cutter but the could still get rid of pve npcs out of pvp and give us lobbies I agree with your statement above overall.
  14. PaperGirl New Player

Give us Pvp Lobby , pvp tournaments , leaderboard .

Hopefully ps3 players pvp will agree on vote and confirm pvp leagues want looby room , and tournaments and/or leaderboards .

Options with lobby to remove pets , all dlc6 trinkets
    Make all pvp sets have the same number of HP .
    Fix the no dmg bug .
    Fix the block bug .
    • Like x 1
  15. The Vengeance New Player

I want pets and all the trinkets. What is wrong with them? I think we should have more pets.
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Actually, one of my friends that competed at the SOE Live (PC Player) event last year was able to speak with some Devs and they said they have discussed plans for a Barebone Arena. Just how barebone and how far in the future it will be before we see it is a whole nother ball game.
  17. Ace1 Dedicated Player

That's not what we want at all lol we've been asking and begging the devs for a 5v5 and 4v4 with no buffs, npcs,jump pads

All the devs have to do is reuse FOS3 as the 5v5 map and oan as the 4v4 ,we grind pve for skill points and we were more or less against the devs reducing crits.

I feel if the devs give us what we have asked for we will be very happy, and no it doesn't need to be a dlc, everything I mentioned above can be put into an update.
  18. The Vengeance New Player

You're referring to JasonTodd Mayne.

They aren't adding it.
  19. Horrorshow New Player

I would like to see two things.

1) Another approach to world PVP. Technically you do not even need a PVP server. Everyone could flag themselves for PVP in a single PVE server. You should make the PVP server a separate type of game like WvW in GW2. It can be a war against heroes vs villains. It can be the same concept but with mentors fighting alongside you. It would spice up open world PVP.

2) Remove PVE crap out of PVP. If anything, create another type of game that is called structured PVP and make it like a legends PVP battle, but with your own toon.
  20. MooseDetective New Player

I continue to be insulted by the concept that I am not a "competitive player" because I don't have a league, sync queues or follow ridiculous rules like "no X except Y" (if you want no pets...NO PETS. that includes the watcher. And if heals of any kind are allowed, then so is my soda and supply drop.) You might not think I'm as good as you when we play, but put me in a pre-made group with two healers and suddenly I'm pretty awesome too. Yawn.

I don't PVP as often as some people (I don't PVE as often as most people either) but I still believe that PVP-PUG-ERS opinions matter MORE not less than pvp-que-ers.

The last thing I want to see is a boring mindless deathmatch map that is an open space with no terrain and no objective.

I want a map with objectives and strategy. I LIKE the moon map.

What I want for PVP:

Healer Restoration numbers nerfed or it somehow adjusted so that healers can't heal 10-20 life bars worth of health per match.

The tank's debuff of controllers to work like a controller's debuff of healers. Trolls can't stop healers from healing themselves, tanks shouldn't be able to stop trollers from giving themselves power. A tank debuff should cut a troll's power by the same percentage a troll's debuff affects healers.

More objective based maps where killing is usually NOT the best option. ( I'm not positive but I think objectives are what you mean by PVE in PVP - if so, I could not disagree with you more.)
    • Like x 1