Weapon Mastery Might Damage?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, May 7, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I love my powersets too, which is why this bothers me so much. My point was that in the time you take to set up your PI and DoT, you could have already done as much, if not more, damage with your weapon. I don't like it, but there it is.
  2. OM3GA 4 New Player

If you're Celstial or Rage than i would tend to agree with you. Even though the precision based damage i.e. WM has clearly risen to the top, if you read my earlier posts about two of my DOT's getting crits for 1000+ damage on every tick, it's DEFINITELY worth the set-up time.
  3. Echephyle New Player

Interesting. In that case 90% of dots only get bonus damage on the first tick.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Fair enough. The 45% precision boost that Celestial, Rage, Nature, and Earth get is an advantage. I'm seriously considering going back to Electricity. When I can do more damage with buffed WM combos than with my own abilities, it's not very fun. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

I've been trying to find the answer on the forums with no luck so maybe you guys can help. Do any of you know whether the damage modifiers work anymore? More to the point: should I be seeing higher crits, in general, from a power with a 50% dmg mod than a 35%? I ask because I'm seeing almost equal damage from PsyRes and Cryo (mental) when using weapon mastery. All of that leads to whether the 60% dmg buff with enduring dmg is worth it anymore (not accounting for cast time).
  6. lanternknight Committed Player

WM was didbisba problem because it did not address the powers not being balanced. The some of the might based powers are still weaker than the precision based powers. A lot of that is due to those might based powers being nerfed to appeal to those that were complaining about them

All WM really did is make all the weapons able to hit as hard as 1h, dw, and staff's prenerfed hold triangle moves. Which is fine. However, the powers that benefit the most with WM are the precision based powers because they are precision based and those users are spec'd into precision.

For WM to benefit might users more, the crit damage from the initial might tick needs to be more consistent. I have noticed it isnt.