Weapon Mastery Might Damage?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, May 7, 2014.

1. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

I have like 4k might, I'm not really might based but those giant ticks rarely happen on FR. I'd be lucky to see them once a day. Since WM came out I've only gotten hits like that on FR about 5 times. My transmutation has hit up to 6k I believe with supply and trinket
  2. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Remander - I like your sig too. Totally agree.

I think that's the NEW big question. What Powers are out there with high enough Base Damage to even bother WM combo'ing into.

For example. I can hit my WM Combo into Staptrap-Fan every time.
    But really, that damage is still LESS than I would be doing if I just did my WM combo again.

There's got to be SOME powers out there that crit high enough to be worth it! Let's post them here?

-Zurr
    • Like x 2
  3. Bast10n Committed Player

I'm a full might modded Sorcery.

Id say the precision tick on WM hits for 2,000-3,000 (Non Crit) and 4,000-6,000 (Crit) while the might tick from Transmutation hits for 600-800 (Non Crit) and 1,500-4,500 (Crit). The might ticks I see on Final Ruin are 2,000 first tick 4,000 second tick.

I spend most of my time healing and these are just observations I have made while DPSing. I wasn't Tracking or Logging.
  4. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Are u using the fury while dpsing? Your transmutation shouldn't be hitting for under 2k with wm
    • Like x 2
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree, I read somewhere where someone wanted power mastery would be nice if that was the "might" based powers answer to weapon mastery ... You'd get the same10k or higher crits using your powers as you use your weaps ... They could make each power set similar to celestial just with less options...and go through each power set and figure out which powers from one tree would combo into a power in the other tree and when combed into that power you see this massive crits.....

However then you need to go increase the numbers celestial does it also makes celestial less unique at that point so I dunno
    • Like x 1
  6. Echephyle New Player

Exactly. The fury cancels out the might bonus from wm when he's up. Try not having him up and let us know what numbers you're getting for your might attacks, particularly transmutation, shard and final ruin
  7. Bast10n Committed Player

I was using a Fury Loadout pre WM and have removed him post WM. As I mentioned earlier, I'm just pulling those numbers off the top off my head.

I'll give it a propper go for you guys when I can and report back.
  8. RiskVsReward New Player

If that was the case, wouldn't players that spec into prec/might be doing way too much damage?
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Better off full precision, since you get a greater portion of damage from the WM combos than the buffed might cast.
    • Like x 1
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

full might gadgets here. getting 9k on single target on HB-ArrowFling WM.
  11. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Can get 10K+ with Volcanic Calamity on its first hit (3977 Might). But that's a supercharge. The highest I'm getting is 3.5k with Detonate on Burning Target.
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Slightly related question. If you use a DoT power to chain a Weapon Mastery combo, would that DoT crit all throughout the duration or just on the first tick? If it crits for the whole duration, do you think a Might-centric build could still be decent enough to fit if given the chance?
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, not a test per se, but I just ran Nexus using only WotL prec trinket, Anoint, and Benediction with WM combos (Focused Blast to Solar Flame). To be fair, I was running with Robot Sidekick and did use Orbital Strike in boss fights. Here are the results:

[IMG]

[IMG]

So...that puts me at a 96.4:1 ratio of damage to power in. Discuss.
    • Like x 1
  14. Echephyle New Player

Only the first tick.
  15. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Oh okay. Thanks
  16. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

I'm not full might I'm half might half precision
    4040might 2025 prec or close to those numbers
    I hit about 11-14k with weapon mastery
  17. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Actually, that's not true. It matters on the power. During the testing, someone posted a video showing Overheat was getting more than the initial hit. This was not changed. I believe they left it this way because previously Overheat was broken. It would not give extra damage if Immolation was present. So, this slightly made up for it. In the War Room, using only Inferno, Overheat, and WM....almost every other hit, on average, was a Critical of 750. (I'm about 4200 might)
    • Like x 1
  18. OM3GA 4 New Player

Very true. In an earlier post I had stated this in fact was occuring with overheat. Many hours of testing so far, and my overheat ticks for 1100 on average (4496 might), as long as immolation is active. I tried to keep it hush-hush, because i know those qq'ers out there are just crying to have fire nerfed even more! Well then here is another Gem for you all ........ Enflame Crits on every tick as well, costs 1/3 the power, same cooldown period, and grants immolation! Enflame ticks around 850 or so for me (average of course). I tested enflame and inferno exclusively with overheat. The initial crit from inferno does hit harder, but not by much.

The following values are based on WM combo finishers

Inferno : 1.5-4.2k + 8 ticks of 150-450 + 4 smaller ticks of 50-100 = 2.9k-8.2k total damge
    Enflame: 1.2-3.9k + 8 ticks of 500-1050 = 5.2k - 12.3k!

I have all my crits specced into, plus an additional 1% crit chance from the immolation tree specialization (29% Crit chance total). Oh, and it uses 1/3 less power! Try it for yourselves. Later I will teach you boys and girls about flashpoint and how to get 2-3 ticks for 2.5-4.2k all at once! Celestial dps's watch out, i'm coming!! I dropped detonate all together as well, as stated earlier, flashpoint might just be the sexiest WM combo finisher for use, 3-8k burst damage, ticks for 100-250 8 times, grants immolation .... love it!

WM- brawling into 2H( home run)

Loadout(still not set in stone) : Spon / FW / enflame / flashpoint / OH / fireburst( only for 60% lock in)
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Not to be a downer, but I was putting out 8-10k+ with just buffed Focused Blast to Solar Flame, which takes a little less than 2 seconds. There's no need to use any damage abilities anymore. Time is better spent just spamming WM combos. It's boring and sad, but true.
  20. OM3GA 4 New Player

You're probably right, but unfortunately I am stilll in love with fire and even though i switched recently from all might mods to prec & might mods, I still have fun using the powers and powerset along with WM.

Having DOT's going while using WM is a way to do more damge. Try it, unless you're rage or celestial
    • Like x 1