We still had 2 hours before shutdown.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

They weren’t. We were told it would run until server reset. It didn’t. People complain. I am not sure why you’re defending this so vehemently.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

They turned it off early? Oh good thing I got everything done.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

So glad instead of waking up early to get Time Beacons x2 I opted to sleep in and get Sleep Coins x3. :)
    • Like x 3
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You too :cheers:
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

There is nothing overcomplicated about this. EIther one of the two things happened. The timing was off..or they pulled it early based off of people were being nasty over the timing of the bonus itself.

Nothing in the bonus week was promissed. They said they would implement it..which occured. There is nothing within their post no-exisntent contract saying they "promissed" anything. To make things simple for you...they didn't say, " I promise to give you a weekly bonus" What you are hanging on to is a caviat within adjusted parameters of 8 total hours of which 6 were applied.

Again, your right to be annoyed...however, it is also within their right to pull a gratuitous bonus that people were being nasty over that has nothing to do with what we originally purchased when we started playing.
    • Like x 2
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I think most people are annoyed because it took away their chance to basically a 3rd week of double coins in weekly content, and an extra day of double dailies. I usually wake up an hour earlier for work on Thursday mornings of double weekends for this purpose. I chose to sleep in, and I dont regret that decision lol. But I can still see why people are annoyed with the situation.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Is this yoga
  8. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

A specific time was advertised. It did not last as long as advertised. Are you being purposefully obtuse?
    • Like x 1
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Not defending anything..actually, I am quite indifferent about it which is why I am not on here with the virtual pitchforks claiming I was wronged over a caviat of 2 hours when the adjusted parameters were exceeded. Especially, after people wanted to get nasty over something as gratuitous as a bonus week.
  10. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Y
    You’re so indifferent you’ve used the phrases “caviat” [sic] and “adjusted parameters” a dozen times without apparently knowing what those words mean.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

3rd week? :confused:
  12. Dev72 Dedicated Player

The adjusted parameters were fron December 24 to December 30.

Mepps did keep the caviat in of the sever shutdown..however, I am simply explaining the timing may have been off, or they were simply responding to a group of people being nasty over the timeframe of which a gratuitous bonus week was applied.

There is nothing obtuse about that.
  13. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

So you’re defending them while saying you’re not defending them? You’re indifferent while posting over and over and over. The “adjusted parameter” was not December 24-30. Links and screen shots were provided to you, clearly showing the advertised timetable. Keep being iNdiFfErEnT.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dev72 Dedicated Player

1. There was adjusted parameters. In the Mepps' longterm event post he said that the bonus week would occur from December 24 to December 31. Last week when the bonus was applied, it was changed to December 24 until December 30. Therfore, making the parameters adjusted.

2. The Caviat was it would last until server shutdown.

It didn't based on the reasons I was simply trying to point out.

So, I think I am well aware of what the two terms means. But, nice of you to try to be observant.
  15. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

You still don’t know what those words mean.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Bonus Currency Week: Legion! | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

For your reading pleasure.
  17. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

It didn’t. Keep not defending them and being indifferent.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I am beginning to think you may not know.

Caveat....I misspelled. Sue me. In the meantime, when Mepps added the NOTE it was a Caveat.

See post above...the parameters of 24 Dec to 31 Dec were changed..therefore, adusted.

But in case you missed it
    Bonus Currency Week: Legion! | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)
  19. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Keep hanging on to a "Caveat" that was so "vehemently promised" that the term itself was not included in any bonus week post.
  20. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

LOL :D
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.