Bonus Currency Week: Legion!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

DOUBLE CURRENCY!

Like the Legion of Super-Heroes, we are all time travelers moving forward in time. Just next week, we'll travel from one year to the next! Get ready for 2021 with bonus currency this week in Episode 39: Long Live the Legion!

This week – from Thursday, December 24, 2020, through Wednesday, December 30, 2020 – players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Solar Credits and Time Beacons when completing instanced or mission content in Long Live the Legion.
    Solar Credits and Time Beacons are used primarily to purchase gear and rewards from the Long Live the Legion vendors. Characters must be level 14+ to play the episode and participate in the bonus week.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 13
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thanks for the bonus week.......BUT I don't know, any other week out of the other 51 weeks of the year I would have been fine about this.

I'm sure after 2020 people will (where and however possible) want to spend time with their loved ones over Christmas (it may for some be their last Christmas with some of their loved ones, or a more poignant Christmas), and not spend lots of time farming Legion bounties to make the most of the bonus week.

I kinda wish this was either next week or week after, just seems tone deaf imo to have this bonus week now.

I will add this though, I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Be sure to spend time with your loved ones (where and however possible), and don't spend too much time away farming Legion Bounties.
    • Like x 9
  3. Tokkenn Active Player

I have to agree with TheLQ-DCUO. This is an awful week to run what amounts to one of the best weekly bonuses per DLC. With all of the holiday stuff going on it is very possible my league won't even raid this week.

I love you Devs and this game, but please reconsider and push this back a week.
    • Like x 5
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I'll actually be away for the full week due to holiday with family. Looks like I'm missing out on this one.
    • Like x 1
  5. The original Nightling New Player

NOT this week !!!!
    I have my wife and the children on my back !!
    Impossible to play !
    Do you think that all DCUO players are teenagers ?
    • Like x 1
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

YAY!!!

This is the best Christmas gift I've gotten so far. ;)
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

It's time to get a new family... A better family.
    • Like x 2
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, I have been waiting this
    • Like x 1
  9. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Thanks mepps! Guys you can play remotely...
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fantastic, since I didn't spend my time burning myself out on bounties like most, this will be my week. For anyone missing out on this entire week, if history is any indication there should be two more bonus weeks (with one of them being a triple mark).
    • Like x 7
  11. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I love this and I'm excited for it. Good opportunity for my alts to get up to speed. For those who aren't happy with the timing, there will be bonus weeks for this episode in the future. Unfortunately they can't make everyone happy when it comes to scheduling.
    • Like x 1
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

This is very much appreciated, especially since we don't celebrate Christmas in my country. :D

Sorry for all the folks who may miss out on this, though. It's really not the best timing. :oops:
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Xmas is cancelled this year where live so other than quick driveway drop off and pick up gjft exchanges, it is just another week now. And I get paid time off work. Haven't played much because the game is boring so I can maybe catch up a bit now
    • Like x 1
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Is this the time for extstra stuff on the vendor or is it the next? I forget where we are
  15. Wonder Woman's boyfriend New Player

Fantastic!

With the pandemic stronger than ever this will give me something to do during the holidays since i wont be seeing most of my family.
    This is the perfect week for this huge bonus, thank you!
    • Like x 1
  16. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

You seriously could not wait until after New Years to do this?! Come on, some of us will not be on this week for this. Seriously, not cool. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  17. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    I think that even some teens will miss out on this. It's really kinda a bonehead move on the devs part with this.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

With a outburst like UnderworldSelene, the devs should just stop doing bonus weekends. Its fine if you can't participate, its just a game.
    • Like x 4
  19. Chenders70 New Player

Worst week ever for this! Consistently poor decisions made by this game's Marketing and Development group. Ranks right up there with my Governor trying to cancel Thanksgiving.

What would it take for me to sit in on your production meetings and point out such an obvious poor choice?
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Lots of people are off some or all of this week.

Lots of people go back to work after new years.

It's a holiday gift for the holidays.

It's a whole week.

It's a bonus.

No one should be traveling anywhere during this pandemic holiday. Missing out on a bit of DCUO currency pales in comparison to the risk and loss you are signing up for if you are. Here's another tiny incentive and reminder to stay home responsibly.

That said, I am completely fine with cancelling the bonus week if that's what folks want, and will gladly run it up the chain. It's almost seems like people are taking bonus weeks for granted now, as if they were some sort of entitlement and not, you know, a friendly bonus.
    • Like x 32
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.