We still had 2 hours before shutdown.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caroline Dedicated Player

Why did you take away the Double Marks from LLTL DLC 2H before SD? Why all of a sudden these changes were implemented without saying a thing?
    • Like x 10
  2. EdwardF Well-Known Player

This.

I was going to finish the Elite Neck on one alt then move to my other alt for the double marks before server restart, only to find that they ended two hours early right as I was about to switch over. Changes like this need to be announced.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

2020 getting it's last twist in..... :(
    • Like x 11
  4. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Yeah, just finished the raid and only 10 marks instead of 20. 2020, the year that just keeps on giving!
    • Like x 2
  5. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Plus we can’t write this on the Legion thread in Announcements because its locked.
    • Like x 1
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  7. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Please look at the last few complaints in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/bonus-currency-week-legion.313157/

And now I want to ask you: If you give someone something for free and he keeps complaining about it...would you still give it to him?

It is not the first time that some of us react with hate to generosity of any kind. And after all...they complained about the Bonus week...and now they took it away. Satisfied? :D I reckon not...
    • Like x 6
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I was about to post that here with a similar admonishment.

Maybe they decided to give us a “week off” from bonuses this week to remind us that these are bonuses and they aren’t required to do them.
    • Like x 4
  9. smlaude Active Player

Not sue telling your paying customers to be 'grateful' will pay out in the end. They don't teach that in Business 101. That's just the job unfortunately of being a community manager. You are going to get a lot more complaints than 'atta boy's'. Bonus weeks are a LARGE reason we all log in. You take those away, then numbers will fall off
    • Like x 6
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

Lol, you clearly don't get it, do you?
    • Like x 2
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

At least if they're giving something, they can make sure we're let know of the exact time it's gonna go away, cause some people couldn't get online in time to get their double marks.
    • Like x 2
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

I am not asking to kiss the floor the developers walk on. On the other hand if you enter a shop and buy something you not usually cuss at the shop owner either or do you? ;)

Oh I am getting it btw...respectfully dealing with one another has become "out of vogue".
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

The screenshot I took was of a leaguemate who came back from work asap and found out that there was no longer a bonus and yeah, this sucks.
    • Like x 1
  14. Caroline Dedicated Player

Where did you see me cuss in this post at all? I just simply asked a question, LOL
    • Like x 2
  15. smlaude Active Player

Since April, we have had the same cadence of when bonuses come up and when they go away. To change it on the most meaningful one is just dumb. Why upset a large portion of our patrons for just a few hours. And if its to 'illustrate a point,' then we are all doomed.
    • Like x 4
  16. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

“PLEASE NOTE: The bonus week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.“ — Post announcing the bonus week.

Not asking for more or less.
    • Like x 4
  17. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Overall there needs to be better communication between the devs and player base. Yeah I was planning to use the time before reset with double marks to finish my last dps gear.
    • Like x 3
  18. Dwild Well-Known Player

Yeah...got up early to get the double marks on my alts (Main is geared up) only to 31st and see no double...the Announcements clearly state the double marks would end on 12/31 "at server restart"...PITA...and I'm not talking about the flatbread.
    • Like x 4
  19. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

My last reply on this: I was clearly not adressing you personally. It was meant to clarify how no one should treat the shopkeeper in this example.

Next is personally: if you put a "LOL" after or in front of each your posts someone might think you don't take him seriously.

Greetings
    • Like x 2
  20. EdwardF Well-Known Player

This is not the same thing. I'm not sure why you came in here to post something completely irrelevant.

This is them suddenly changing the hours for a bonus without telling anyone. It's pretty clear from the responses here that many people planned on running the content for double currency prior to reset. Them shortening it by two hours ruined those plans. It should have been announced. It's that simple.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.