WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

Warner Bros. is Developing a Blue Beetle Movie for the DCEU

The Wrap brings word that Warner Bros. is developing a Blue Beetle movie that will presumably be set in the DC Extended Universe. The studio is opting to use the Jaime Reyes version of the character, which would make it the first Latino-led superhero movie.

Jaime Reyes first appeared in the pages of DC’s Infinite Crisis miniseries in 2006. He was the third character to assume the Blue Beetle’s identity. In the comics, Jaime was a teenager living in El Paso, Texas when he unwittingly bonded with the scarab that gave him an advanced suit and a variety of tech-based powers. The scarab was also revealed to be a weapon of the Reach, an alien race and sworn enemies of the Guardians of the Universe. Jamie Reyes has also headlined his own Blue Beetle ongoing series, and he eventually became a member of the Teen Titans. The character was also featured in Young Justice and Smallville.

Warner Bros. is enlisting Mexican-born screenwriter Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer to bring this Blue Beetle to the screen. Dunnet-Alcocer previously wrote the script for Antoine Fuqua’s remake of Scarface, which was supposed to begin shooting this fall. He also penned the English-language version of next year’s Miss Bala, directed by Catherine Hardwicke.

Source: https://www.superherohype.com/movies/428671-warner-bros-developing-a-blue-beetle-movie-for-the-dceu
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I heard about the BLUE BEETLE movie and the rumor about a supposed ZATANNA movie :rolleyes:. Don't get me wrong I like Jaime Reye’s Blue Beetle and I’m looking forward to watching it when it premieres in the year 3000 because that’s when it’ll be made considering the amount of DC movies WB has in development :rolleyes:

I guess...
    [IMG]
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Tony Revolori for Blue Beetle (He's Guatemalan I think)

[IMG]

And Tatiana Maslany or Alexandra Daddario for Zatanna

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Good choices. Alexandra in particular has been one of the go to choices fans often go for. Yet, whoever the studio chooses, she must have the look and no race bending.

I myself always thought Gemma Arterton
    [IMG]

Or Katie Mcgrath
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Of course they will race-bend (just be glad they don't decide to do a Doctor Who and Gender-bend as well :rolleyes: ), and the fishnets? Those are totally out, same with the top hat and tuxedo top
    Old school magic acts are dead and dated, needs to be modern and edgy, butt not sexy, no sex in movies
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So with the "no race bending" Katie McGrath is out. Family Zatara has been portrayed as from Italian roots, can't have be portrayed by someone so obviously Scot (or maybe Irish). I'm pretty sure someone of the 30ies can point this out in detail to the people here....

Seriously, acting is about portraying someone else, so why the fuzz about gender-bending? The comic source material does it themselves, since Jaime Reyes is nothing else than race-bending the alter ego below the Blue Beetle mask, away from the sooooo overly present white straight male, the group considered to be the sourve of all evil by political correctness, and to something more diverse, for the sake of diversity - like female Thor, suddenly gay Green Lantern etc. (And I know Thor is Marvel, just showing that "diverse for the sake of itself" is a problem not limited to DC).

It's IMO not ok to rule actresses like Cote de Pablo etc. out because of being "not of the 'right' racial origin. This focus in Hollywood with pointing out the differences by getting the "correct" race for a role is furthering racism IMO. "There is a difference and we tolerate it" is sooo self-centered and showing off one's own "super correct attitude". How about to simply don't care about "the difference".
    • Like x 1
  8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

A hispanic Zatanna would be interesting though (even better with a Spanish accent!)

Ana de Armas
    [IMG]

Lorenza Izzo
    [IMG]

Eiza Gonzalez
    [IMG]
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Most people generally don't have an issue with it (Unless you're a toxic Star Wars fan).
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Gender-bending is actually pretty rare though, isn't it?
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

You know what my dream job is? Being a casting director. That would be so fun.
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I don't get this. Did the Mouse bend the race of Chewbacca from Wookiee to Hutt in any of their recent.... creations??? Or is Jabba a Wookiee now?
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It use to be, butt now it's everywhere, and spreading: Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, Doctor Who, Doctor Watson, Spider-Man...
    • Like x 3
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So in some recent Aquaman movie news, it seems the film is set to be successful financially due to already earning $261 million overseas and an additional $2.9 million from Amazon Prime members who were able to see the movie before its official release date this weekend. And based on some early reviews, looks like Aquaman is a movie to be seen :)

• Like x 2
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well it seems Arthur of Atlantis has hit it big in theaters. It's now currently in the cusp of earning $750 million worldwide. Hopefully WB/DC continues this in the right path with their future movies :)
    [IMG]

On a side note, I would definitely keep director, James Wan, for say Justice League Dark or their solo movies...cough..Constantine...cough
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone

[IMG]

With the status of Matt Reeve's Batman project still a mystery, a report of Forbes shed some light for once. Now for those that are in the know, there are no plans for Ben Affleck to return as Bruce Wayne because the planned iteration of the movie revolves firmly around a young version of the Dark Knight played by a different actor. As for that, actor, Jack O'Connell is rumored to being looked at, though he's reportedly had no discussions with the studio about playing the character. As for when The Batman will be released, it's currently being eyed for a 2021 release date but there's a chance it could be pushed back to 2022. Reeves is said to be envisioning this movie as the first in a new series of movies. As for the villain, The Penguin is reportedly in the film which many rumor is why the character was replaced by Black Mask in the planned Birds of Prey film because Reeves has something planned for him.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, Reeves isn't the proposed actor? o_O
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Seriously? Jack O'Connel? They can do better. How about Richard Madden? I can't even being to imagine OConnel as Bats. A bad choice if they choose him. Hopefully he will surprise me
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So some set photos for the BIRDS OF PREY film that is currently in production has been revealed. Additionally, actress, Margot Robbie released a video tease

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]