Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brav Well-Known Player

Yes, It has. I have tested and it is now working really well. I feel like water is now ready and I can't wait to play it live. Thank you for the quick fix. Water has come along well. I really enjoy its different play style.
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s a call that the devs can make, not you. I´ll make the suggestions i would like to see until the devs say otherwise, if you don´t like it, use the ignore feature, problem solved for you.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

2 power sets means what exactly? I keep seeing this used as reasoning for what idk. Just because 1 or 2 power sets can do the battle support thing doesnt mean all the rest can. It also doesnt mean a majority of the players out there can do the battle support thing well. The dps side and healing side of water should be on par with the other power sets 1st. Then tweaks can be made to make it more battle heal friendly so to speak. And yes other MMO games do this already, so does dcuo with atomic/celestial. Somehow this means water should be a battle healer? I dont follow.

Plus the devs said celestial is the battle healer and atomic is the battle tank. Ive yet to see them say water is a battle heal power set. So yes it is the devs call but where have they made that call? I havent seen it. Now that doesnt mean it cant be played that way. There is nothing wrong with options. But u seem to want it catered to your play style when u know nowhere near the majority of players out there play that way or can pull it off.

But i agree with epic. People should stop trying to turn it into something it isnt because of their own agenda. Now if the devs make that call so be it. But whats more important? That water goes live on par with the other powers? Or battle healing? And if i missed the devs saying water is intended to be a battle healer then by all means please provide a link or let me know where it was said and i will stand corrected. I might have missed a post somewhere.
    • Like x 4
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

As a Druid player in WoW myself I certainly know about battle and the Hybrid builds but those Classes are indeed built around it and made to be like that just like Atomic and Celestial were built to be like that. We really cant have every circle be remade into a square. Options are not "totally" a bad thing but we cant expect the Devs to make a power something it wasnt meant to be. The creativity of the Players like yourself Im sure will get around it sure but I wouldnt expect a 'balance" around it
    • Like x 3
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

But that´s the thing i just made two suggestions regarding healing, and one of those would benefit both options to play, a pure healing build and the hybrid one (the swap of HT interactions between Tempest Guard and Blessing of the Depths). Yet somehow i´m asking a total rework of the powerset because i sugested that the High Tide interaction of Aqualance can be altered while in healer role to leave a HoT instead of DoT? is that so radical? or bad?

Even if that change get implemented somehow there will be still only TWO hybrid abilities (TS and Aqualance + HT effect) that would deal damage and heal, but that would be too much? a total rework of the powerset to have it my way and force everyone else to play "my way"? do you honestly think that?
    • Like x 4
  7. Flipeled Level 30

I agree with Ala. The changes he proposed will not impact people playing the damage role or the pure healing role either. There is nothing wrong with more options.

I just don't get why people get mad with other's suggestions. If you do not support it, just say it and move on.
    And I don't see why these changes are not welcomed by the community. It is just taking a power that is not used in a certain role and making it usable, simple as that. How hard could it be to balance this change out? It's just needs number tweaking for balancing, that's all.

Maybe the same people complaining about the Aqualance changes in healer role and the same people that wants Solace of the Sea to have a damage version, who knows? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

They certainly arent bad suggestions but in my eyes they are unneeded to fit a "role" that the Power wasnt built to do.
    • Like x 3
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Just want to set the record straight because some people like to twist facts to fit their own narrative.

Go to mark:
    3:54 - then go to 26:36
    • Like x 2
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

But yet we have Celestial which is the epitome of Battle Healing.

And Sorcery with 4 hybrid abilities that deal damage and heal (Soul Siphon, Shard of Life, Transmutation and Soul Bolt) and a pet that heal and does some extra damage.

Then you have Electricity, that has 3 of the best hybrid moves in Arc Lightning, Electroburst and Overcharge.

Lastly, the less Battle Healer friendly powerset: Nature, that can even heal and deal damage in Gorilla form with roar.

I´m sorry Trex but that excuse to campaign against more options for Water healing feels really flat and without a base by just looking at some of the abilities in other healing powersets.
    • Like x 3
  11. SSB Active Player

It seems like people either never heard of the old school bad karma loadout with Sorcery or never saw it in action. That was battle healing before Celestial came along but people weren't all caught up in those types of titles back then.
    • Like x 2
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I'm honestly happy with the state Water dps is in. It's a really refreshing :D power set.
    • Like x 1
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Ala you will learn when you have the ability to do things and come up with stuff before others people will hate. [IMG]
    Tell you they don't want to battle heal or battle tank in this game, in all honesty most those players have no skill or lack the skill points in game to do it. It's much easier to bash to person that is using a hybrid build instead of saying a mmo should be about what a player can do and come up with what works for them.
    • Like x 3
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

For the record ive done the whole battle troll thing before and did it well. I dont lack sp either. Just because someone doesnt like a certain play style doesnt mean u question their skill. It means they have a different opinion or prefer something else.
    • Like x 1
  15. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Didn't you tell me in a post yesterday we don't know how you play and who you top charts with? Well we don't know how well you hybrid or your skill level [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Waterspout would look great staying longer at the field as a nice 12 sec DoT for example.

Also is there any chance for Depth Charge, Aqualance and Sharfrenzy to be changed to combos ?
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Depth Charge is so fluid clipped atm if any of those moves can be switched to a combo "Like the powerset how it is" is Aqualance it's pretty slow.
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Idk, I dont like most of the visuals much.
    I was expecting a mix of Mera's Sorcery and Aqualad's combos but this is something entirely different. Not commenting about rotations or damage, wouldnt really matter if I dont like how effects look.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I hear you bro, but to be honest, i think that there is something more than meets eye.... Is like these people are so focused in the "you can´t have it your WAY" than be more open minded to the idea of let the powerset have more options and let the people decide what fits more their playstyle.

Then they have the nerve to say that i´m the one forcing others to play the way i want..... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

people are ok with things they agree with but something inside them breaks when its something they dont

for some reason their ok with telling others what they would hate them selves to be told
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.