Test Discussion Water Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Please use this thread to give feedback based on playing Water on PC Test.

Here are a few known issues:
    • Not all attacks have sound
    • Aquatic Arsenal is not loading the final attack's mace mesh
    • Aquatic Arsenal will sometimes leave the sword in your hand after the attacks
    • Depth Charge's visual effects do not play correctly when your character jumps after using it
    • Shark Frenzy's visual effects are not fully playing
    • Like x 2
  2. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

You guys have exceeded expectations this time. Congratulations!
    Plays very nice, and mechanics are far better than atomic and munitions, and love the new animations! Would be awesome if all the old power sets got some update on that department, but I'll save the complaining for later.
    Just make sure it passes the balance check and this would be the best update for DC in last ~2.5 years.
    Again, well done!

Edit: Would be nice if there were couple of more abilities that applied crush. Right now there is only one for melee and one for range, seems restrictive.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

When using shark frenzy there is no shark. We just see a water splash on the dummies. No shark shooting through the air like it was shown on the stream.

Went in science spire solo and still no shark when using it against enemies too. Multiple people from my league are reporting seeing no shark.
    • Like x 3
  4. spord Developer

Thanks for the update. I'll add it to the known issues list.
    • Like x 2
  5. Realsaiyin Active Player

I think there is a bug with Flood of Power SC. It was said in the livestream today that it is a 100% SC but it was a 50%, and it is on test too.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

And wow, the duration of High Tide is fairly short, almost needs to cast the second power or it's lost.

At the spar bots I see the last part of Shark Frenzy's animation but in the open world, it's just not there; as previously mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  7. Avair Administrator

The duration of High Tide is something that is negotiable. We have gone back and forth on it. We will definitely continue to see if we hear the same feedback. Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you clip Aqualance with High Tide, wait, and recast Aqualance, you don't get the DoT component on Aqualance.

I wasn't expecting to see the DoT on the first Aqualance, but was on the second cast. According to the video, the VFX from High Tide is active the second time I cast Aqualance.
    • Like x 2
  9. inferno Loyal Player

It's disappointing that "solace of the sea" is a purely heal power. It's one of the most eye catching aspect of the water power and yet it has no Damage function at all.
    • Like x 4
  10. inferno Loyal Player

Tsuanami Strikes' ability to reduce cooldown of High Tide when done as a combo is an intriguing concept; and it's not bad that the combo does a good amount of damage as well. Combining this with Riptide and HighTide has a great potential for damage. There are aspects of this power that I wish would be brought over to the other powers.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Can Tsunami Strikes be adjusted so it doesn't continually move the player forward with each cast?

Trying to jump backwards while using Tsunami Strikes is very awkward.

Being able to maintain a fixed position while casting ranged powers is important in certain situations. An example would be Act of Defiance where 3 players have to stand on portals in the second area.
    • Like x 6
  12. VaL HaLuN New Player

I will second this request. Making this move stationary would be an enormous quality of life improvement for water. Ranged powers that walk forwards have to be some of the most annoying and frustrating abilities to use in the game and I could see myself not playing water solely because of this.
    • Like x 5
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

After 2 years of this powerset in the making and being hyped and stuff. I unfortunately have to say I'm disappointed with this powerset.

Animations(my opinion)

• Water Constructs are not dynamic or really memorable..
    • "Slash" is really forgetful because all it is water themed one-handed melee taps with yellow numbers.
    • Solace of the sea only has use for Healer Role functions. Makes DPS role even less appealing and not dynamic.
    • Crushing wave is just a shield uppercut with water trailing behind you.
    • Depth charge looks great and dynamic.
    • Water Spout has great looking animation, but I feel like it should have a damage over time property since your leaving you opponent up within a water pit.
    • I'm honestly surprised there's nothing like a Rain or WaterFall type Aoe in this powerset, big miss opportunity with this powerset.
    • Torrent looks cool but too bad it's a 35% finisher, won't see it much in PVE.
    To me Water should've easily been one of the more beautiful looking powersets right up there with Electricity, Quantum, and Fire but no it just feels too bland and uninspiring imo.
    • Like x 8
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

It has a 30 second cool down. I know it can be shortened. How is 30 seconds too short? Or am i misunderstanding what ya mean?
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

He said the Duration.
    Not the cooldown.

Duration means how long something will be active for.
    Cooldown means how long you'll have to wait before you can use it again.

Please also take note of what abilities your using, there are multiple abilities within Water that will consume High Tide for either healing or damage over time when used. Shark Frenzy will also consume High Tide for critical damage.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

The aoe DoT being a supercharge which is whirlpool is disappointing. I agree there. It looks great but would rather it not be a super. Or solace should be the aoe DoT in dps role. Also those 35% finisher moves work great in pve. And i think many players have overlooked them when it comes to the revamp. Not sure if it would be used much with this powerset tho.
    • Like x 3
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i kinda wasnt sure thats why i asked. I do know what duration means. Thanks tho.
    • Like x 1
  18. inferno Loyal Player

The effect of High Tide is like 5 or 7 seconds. Once those water animation goes out of your hands, its possible interaction is gone. So I'm thinking if I'm stunned in the process or pulled or something that needs to break out of, I just lost the High Tide effect. Specifically, I am thinking of the (hated) First boss fight in WC, where stuns are constant.
    • Like x 2
  19. inferno Loyal Player

@Jacob - I agree the Water Spout should be a DoT since the animation is up there anyway, at least give it 4 ticks.
    If possible, perhaps, the dps equivalent of Solace of the Deep would be Dangers of the Deep; and instead of jelly fishes, it would be Piranhas. :) Nom, Nom, Nom.
    • Like x 7
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i get ya now. I kinda misread/misunderstood and thought ya meant cool down. My bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.