USPC PVP Season Declaration

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Note Worthy, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well pvp certainly isn't going to grow if you keep refusing to play people because of home turf or whatever else is going to be added next.
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

We play in the regular queue against players all the time, however if they want a "bragging rights" match, then let it be about actual player skill and not gimmicks. I think that is a pretty prevalent concern/comment amongst many well known PVPers on all servers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Spidersting Committed Player

Just because one small league doesn't want HT use in pvp is not what is bringing down the growth of pvp. There are bigger issues that contribute to the decline of players not playing arenas.

For new players starting out it would be frustrating IMO and most don't stick it out to get pounded on. The cash pvp gear stats are straight up terrible compared to the mark sets. The stats on the cash dps gear was worse then equal tank pieces of old t3. And the first mark set was better then the old T4. This is a MAJOR gap to over come when you are a new player learning the ropes getting pounded on by a vet with better gear and knowing pvp mechanics better.

How are we to retain new players in pvp if they are being pounded into dust every match? The new gear system was supposed to help new players but i only see it as a major hinderance. If that isn't enough new players also have to deal with HT stuff. Who has more time to farm more marks to rent the highest HT trinkets/mods. Also they have to over come the T5 mods.

This is why legends is much more popular then arenas, players can jump right into it without having to worry about farming the best stuff/gear and they get to play pvp.

If i was starting this game fresh and had no clue how to pvp i doubt i would stick around for arenas to learn while being a punching bag.

Anyone that has obliterated new players in areans over and over again is guilty of driving new players away from arenas, myself is included in that. Smashing newer players and then belittiling them after is even worse and doesn't promote a healthy pvp population.

If arenas was more like legends we would probably have a much better arena population.

I am not faulting players for using what they have earned, but to expect players to stick around and learn pvp after being smashed over and over by players that are over geared is laughable at best.
  4. TheLoneLantern New Player

QFT.

I've got three pieces of vengeance left to buy. As a f2p player, I don't have access to white mods. I don't have access to supply drops, sidekicks, orbital strikes, et al. I don't have access to T5 Expert mods which all the THC, FAMI, EoC, etc have. I am stuck using beta mods that grant an extra 4 precision per piece. I also don't have access to replay badges so that I can gear up faster with everyone else. Most "nooby" players I see don't have any mods in their gear. There are a bunch of players in the same position as me.

Fortunately, I'm persistent. I take a bunch of beatings that I consider an unfair advantage at times and have the spoils to prove it. I don't expect most new/inexperienced players to have the same motivation to do pvp.
  5. Korrupt New Player

Yziah,

Buzz told you already that we don't need HT to beat fami. All I am seeing now is post that implying that we need "gimmicks" to beat fami.

You need to wake up though. I see you preach about hometurf and "gimmicks" when fami has done the same stuff for ages.

In that 4v4, ya'll quit, we all used supply drop. No matter what order it was used in, the point is you used it and Godicus(Xiro) was abusing the the acro mod(another gimmick) in the first 4v4. Let's be honest, you couldn't accept defeat so you left.

All this crap that you're saying is baseless. Fami needs to man up and live up to their own word. Stop trying to look like saints in the developer's and the community's eyes. You can't say that your league doesn't use hometurf in arenas. Arq and others have used hometurf on me in PvP arena. Stop trying to put one a veil that your league doesn't use hometurf. This is like saying The Vengeance doesn't use Steel in 2s. He does uses it because he knows it's OP.

If fami is so good, why would their main target be BuzzWorthy and Chipacabra on FNL? Ya'll knew Chipacabra isn't much of a big PvPer. He's still learning. Also, BuzzWorthy had just came off a year hiatus.

Those are facts.

So...
    How about ya'll actually face a real premade of mine?
    Man up, we'll face you no hometurf.

This thread is getting tiring.
  6. KillTheSilence New Player

I'm pretty sure all of Fami has used HomeTurf in the past and still do use it, both in and out of arenas. I've seen plenty of people like Arq and Godicus spam home turf. In fact the other day I saw Xiro or Godicus or whatever use a t4 supply drop against an ele healer at the hospital. To say that Fami doesn't use HT is a flat out lie.

If you want to claim you can win without it then by all means lets set something up. Let's get on FNL and see who wins a flat 5v5 no HT.
    Sound fair?
  7. Yallander Loyal Player

Wow...what made you think I was talking about you? I'm pretty sure I was speaking openly. Get over yourself if you think everything I have to say is about THC.

Also we were hoping for a fun, friendly scrimmage in that 4's match w/o HT. It was our fault we didn't say such. Sparty basically said in TS---"man I'm so tired of all this HT stuff--I'm out."

Once again. I'm posting regarding the OP. I cannot account for every single instance you want to comment on because I've not been around enough to know all the details. You can keep this going if you want, but IDC tbh. It is something I do for entertainment and PVP for me is FUN. You're the one making it personal.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

I've never said we don't use them, but that our "policy" is that we use it once it has been used. While I cannot speak for everyone I can assure you that i won't be found spamming the stuff in PVP. I also can account for many of the members.

Have I used them--yes and I have videos to show what happens when I do--it is stupid easy to win using that stuff.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well that recent tournament didn't happen because not enough people participated. Fami could have but didn't want to because of HT. The community is small and it's not our own fault like people always like to say for some reason. It's just an old game. But for that reason it doesn't seem like a good idea to make it smaller by limiting yourself to a specific "hardcore" game mode.
  10. Yallander Loyal Player

According to Curse Bringer nobody put in a team. So it wasn't just Fami. Speaking with Sparty we were going to pull something together last minute, but couldn't get a troller because of how early it was in the day (we have several players on PST and would of been 3pm for them.)
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just from what was written in that thread it seemed like you could have had more people on but they were under the impression that you weren't participating because of HT. Oh well.
  12. Korrupt New Player

13. Yallander Loyal Player

14. Korrupt New Player

15. Yallander Loyal Player

Like I said, I'm not the person to ask. JT or Sparty would be your contacts. I'm just a member of Fami and not a leader.
  16. Korrupt New Player

But you seem to be their mouthpiece.
    It's apparent.
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

?
  18. The M New Player

Here we go again, the undercovered "challenging fami" thread.
    LOL Dude, this guy is blind or what? IF you are saying that buzz is your weak target, why are yuo saying now he is in your team?

Honestly i don´t think fami is scared of you, i DO think, they are having fun of you because you truly seem desperate and humillated. If not, why so much desperation, its already 9+ pages of constant challenge to them lmao

so sad that is funny
  19. The M New Player

Didn´t that was the FNL about?
    Fami clearly didn´t used the HT until THC had to use it.
  20. The M New Player

hahaha man you are seriously desperate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.