Updating PVP Arenas is Pointless

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Horrorshow, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Horrorshow New Player

Bloop. Yep.
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

Everything I brought up was me explaining that you and I have two different versions of competition. You see what balances PvP in my opinion, is everyone have access to the same luck based drops and consumables, and the same access to gear. HT is not luck based, therefore it requires effort on the part of players to grind out, just like we grind out gear, exos, etc.

If HT were really hurting PvP the way you think it is, then the devs would have removed it entirely from PvP. Just look at how many times they changed the T5 raids to accommodate the majority of the community. The fact is HT is making this game money. Each and every person using HT is a person who either dropped $10 or is subbed to the game. It would not be fair to remove those items for those who paid for it. Therefore, if people want to compete, they need to put in the time for the grind, just as the rest of us have.

The fact everyone has the same access to HT items, is balanced. Just because some people choose not to go earn it, does not make it unbalanced. Unbalanced is when a certain number of people, like us, have better mods, and better consumables than others. That is the very definition of unbalanced. As I said I am not opposed to the devs giving all players who own or rent the DLC full access to the mainfame. Since I do believe those who support the game should be rewarded over those who do not. That however is just my opinion.

For many people PvP is nearly balanced, it will never be perfect. Many people have great fights on a consistent basis. Many people are are having more fun and learning the system better, thanks to many of the changes they made recently, and if you did not realize this, many people use replays to earn PvP gear, and many use them to pay for HT items currently, not to mention the fact people have to either drop $10 or sub just to even access them all. They are making money, otherwise it would have been removed long ago.

Regardless, I would not hold your breath on it being made available to everyone, the best you are probably going to get in this regard is that you can pay for it all via PvP marks. ;)
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

There is no need for a poll, just look at the state of "competitive" premade PvP on USPC. That is all the proof anyone need to see for themselves that not many care for the same type of competition you and others care for. :)
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Ew, don't lump me in with Yallander D:<
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

My sincerest apologies, fixed that for you. ;)
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

So just to be clear, you'd be okay with everyone getting PvP-only Mainframes?
    • Like x 1
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

Correct, I have no issues whatsoever with that. If you make a thread about it, I will back you. Just PM me the link if you do, or post it here. :)
  8. Aqua New Player

This this this. Counters are so wacky right now it's not even funny.
  9. Giggles Loyal Player

While I hope this gets fixed for you guys having trouble with the counters, I have not had this problem myself yet. It could possibly be an issue with lag/latency.
  10. Aqua New Player

If it is lag it's not coming from my end.

And I have never had any issues with counters til immunities strolled in, but I have pretty much given up on that fight because devs think they're just so great.
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

I am not trying to insult you here, so please do not take it this way. But could the problem perhaps be that the person you are trying to counter has immunity? When your opponent has immunity, they cannot be countered, and in turn seem like the system is not working.

I am not sure if that is what is happening and you are just not realizing it. Again, I want to stress that I am not trying to be condescending or insult you, just wondering if this could possibly be the case? :)
  12. Aqua New Player

I don't sit around staring at wave bosses all day man lol the counters are no bueno.
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

Well if it really is an issue with the game, I hope it gets fixed soon for you guys.
  14. Horrorshow New Player

Giggles, it is the counter mechanics. The window for BB and lunge is better than it was before but it is still too long. I had someone from Fami this morning block and then I used a BB and they went in and immediately lunged me. IDK what is up with the counter mechanics but they are very slow and being unresponsive.
    • Like x 1
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Then in that case hope the issue gets resolved for those of you having problems really soon. :)
  16. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

It's so terrible I gave up on blocking. Now, I'm happy if I can get a block break off on my opponent. Works more than 50% of the time but..:mad:
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

Counter mechanics for a lot of weapons now trigger on damage instead of activation. Only a few are still "front loaded." This is more than likely what most players are having trouble with as it wasn't clearly explained with the weapon changes done several updates ago.
    • Like x 1
  18. Horrorshow New Player

I know what you are doing. I am really surprised you haven't said your copied and paste reply: Adapt or Leave.
  19. Horrorshow New Player

What? ;/ I have never heard of that? What do I do then?
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Don't hate, got nothin but love for most on the forums or in game :).