Updating PVP Arenas is Pointless

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Horrorshow, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

I actually have 50k marks of triumph and 250 marks of reality along with several 100 MoR tokens in the bank that convert to 30k MoT. That is a non issue for me. As I said if you have a problem with luck based drops this may not be the right game for you :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

That is what I am trying to explain to you silly. It isn't a problem for me, which is why I am still here. You have the means of paying for HT, so the only logical reasoning behind your dislike for HT is that you do understand it enough to over come it. I mean white mods are ok for you, but the trinkets are not because you cannot overcome them. As I said, practice makes perfect, and should you ever need my help, you can always PM me in game for some tips on how to overcome HT. :)
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

If you complain about expert consumables and mods then the only logical reason for it is because you're not good enough to pass the content for them. But if you ever need me to carry you through pw just send me a PM ingame :) Oh and if you want to know why HT is an issue just try reading posts without making faulty assumptions about people.
    • Like x 2
  4. Radium Devoted Player

You could pop the tension in this thread with a blunted spoon.

I wonder which one will snap first?
  5. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I qued up for PvP tonight for the 1st time in quite awhile, I had forgotten how bad PvP had become. To think that was the only thing I did in this game fir about 1.5yrs and now I clench my teeth at the thought of the new season because I'll go back to doing it again. I can't think of anything where the makers of a product have methodically dismantled it to the point of absolutly ruining it like they have in this situation. They really need to do the opposite of whatever their next greatest idea is.
    • Like x 1
  6. Giggles Loyal Player

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't require carrying. Although I may send some friends who need it your way, if the offer is open to anyone. ;)

I have all the 192 weapons I need, all the MoR I need, all the MoT I need, CLEARLY all the MoV I need (I have 9,950 PvP marks sitting in my bank and inventory, yes those are all 50 mark tokens), and as you can see my Expert mods just waiting to go into my new PvP gear, Expert Dazing Device, Soda Cola Next's, HT Trinkets, AND at the very bottom of my inventory you can see my Traces gear. I'm still missing my head, feet, and waist for full Traces DPS, but I do have those in Tank pieces.

I did forget to take a screenshot of the Traces and 25th Century feats and how I am only missin 3 pieces in each, let me know if you need to see that as well. I don't use Traces gear in PvE currently because we just really don't need it, so it sits in my inventory, unmodded. If I can beat PW in blue gear without any issues, why would I need cr88 gear? No point in modding gear that will be obsolete in a few weeks anyways. Photos in the link below. ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97685206@N00/

So clearly, I don't need your help. I am doing just fine. If you need me to show you how to counter HT, I am just a PM away. So again, if it gets added or not, is no skin off my back. I will continue to utilize ALL of my tools, and people say I don't PvP, HA! :)

P.S.

Don't assume in the future, it only makes you look bad.
  7. Kroye Loyal Player

I've never been not subbed to the game, so my understanding is a bit fuzzy - is it possible for Free or Premium players to have access to the mainframe and its assorted benefits (Tactical Mods, Supply Drops, Orbital Strikes, Backup /Sidekicks/apprentices) without purchase of the Home Turf DLC, or must one own the Home Turf DLC or have a Legendary subscription?

Also, at one time, I thought Accomplices/Backup/Sidekicks would not grant immunity if countered - is that no longer the case? Can I now gain immunity from Accomplices/Backup/Sidekicks?
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

You must buy the DLC and/or sub to DC in order to have access to these items. However, it isfair. everyone can buy the DLC, or sub to gain access to these items and then grind for the same amount of marks as all other players, to utilize them in PvP. It is no different than someone having access to a certain power, like Celestial for example, and using that in PvP while someone without the DLC or sub being restricted to whatever they have available. In short, the more you support the game, the more tools you have available to you.

Also, to answer your question, the HT pets (Accomplice and Sidekicks) do grant you immunity upon proper blocks or counters. Yes, it was changed recently. :)
  9. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Keep telling yourself that buddy, you're almost saying that by calling out henchmen it's an advantage for the other player, lol.

I think you need to practice more, get better and not use HT trinkets as a crutch. You also need to learn how to look at stuff a bit more objectively.

Here is the definition just in case you're not sure: http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/objectively

One does not need to read more than a few lines of your comments to see that everything you are saying is clouded by a ton of bias, I really can't have this discussion anymore with you since you fail to see both sides of an argument. I recommend you take a debate class since you're arguments are flawed and contain no proper reasoning.

Sorry if I came across as a jerk, but your condescending tone, flawed logic and utter disrespect for everyone that disagrees with you is too much for me to take in right now.
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

That is in fact what i am saying. The henchmen do not hit hard, they die extremely easy, and if you are good, can farm immunity off Henchmen and Accomplices. I have news for you, HT is not a crutch, and it is not going anywhere. They are going to make it so we can purchase the HT upgrades with PvP marks, so those of you who complain that you cannot be bothered with PvE for 90 mins a month, can purchase them without PvEing as seen in the link below at 29:35.

Since these are eventually going to purchasable with both PvE and PvP marks, it is safe to assume that aside from death match, which I do believe they should have been removed from, they are not going anywhere. You better get used to HT, because it isn't going anywhere.

Actually I am looking at it from an objective stand point. I did say I agreed it should be removed from death matches, did I not? It is you not looking at it objectively. Since you do not fully understand how to fight against HT, and as you yourself said lose to it often, you want it removed because you are having trouble adapting to it as it is thrown your way. So it is in fact you that has flawed logic, and contradicting the very definition you posted. above.

Trust me, perfect your timing in PvP, and make sure you carry HT for yourself as well, and you will be fine. If your timing i great, you may not even need to use your own HT items. If you do not have HT or do not use HT because you are too proud and also have poor timing, you only have yourself to blame for your losses, period. :)

P.S.

Sorry if I sounded condescending, that was not my intention. :)
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

Wow, I'm impressed Giggles. You finally replied to a post you don't agree with without:
    (a) inferring that someone should stop playing the game;
    (b) telling someone they can't adapt without having any knowledge of that player;
    (c) act condescending by assuming someone needs your help when they clearly do not; and/or
    (d) attribute points of view that that player has not expressed.

Well you actually you still did (c) but I'll let that slide.

That last bit about assuming things is ironic isn't it? I pretty much just copied your faulty assumptions and threw them back at you t1t-for-tat but it seems the irony was completely lost on you. Can't troll a troller I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

I knew that, I just saw an opportunity to prove you wrong yet again, and jumped at it. :)

Either way, I updated the link with the new PvP gear, that I bought and modded (with my expert mods) this morning. Feel free to take a look. Regardless of whether you and I do not always agree, I still have respect for you. ;)
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well I'm never wrong about my opinion.. because its my opinion, lol. You CAN be wrong about facts, which you have clearly been wrong about in the past. In this instance, though, I know your opinion on HT. You've changed your stance on it to justify its removal from deathmatches but in general you prefer that it stays in pvp.

I, on the other hand, prefer there to be as few barriers to entry into arenas on an equal setting as possible. Advantages paid for with cash are the worst because that is the definition of pay-to-win, which carries with it a negative connotation. Fewer barriers to entry and equal advantages for F2P, Premium, or Legendary players IN ARENA carries with it a positive connotation of fair play and a serious contender for tournaments or esports. This increases the competition level and my own enjoyment of the game, which I'm entitled to as a paying customer.
    • Like x 2
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

Many esport games have items that have a big entrance barrier. Lets look at the most popular one League of Legends. This game has Runes, which one must earn, and it takes quite a bit of time to earn these. they are available to all players, and provide a significant advantage to those who take the time to earn them all. HT can be fully unlocked days after started this game. Runes in LoL, cannot. You must play hundreds of matches before you can afford those runes. So I disagree with your logic about this increasing the barrier to PvP. HT is very similar to runes, in that they are available to everyone, you just need to put forth the effort to earn them.

If anything increases the barrier, it is the many tiers of different PvP gear we have available. HT is all extremely situational. for example, say I use my supply drop and you manage to kill me before it drops down and I get my buff from it, then I wasted and cannot use it for the next few minutes. Say I use Henchmen and you spin chop, they all die, they go back on cool down for a few minutes. Say I use an accomplice, you kill it seconds after it comes out, and yes this is very easy to do, it goes back on cool down for a few minutes. If I use orbital, and you roll out of it, it was wasted, and again it goes on cool down. You act as if these things can be used at anytime, when they cannot.

It takes proper timing to utilize these items to their fullest potential. They are all also relatively easy to counter. I have been doing it for the last month with no trouble what so ever. The only time I was beat by HT is when my timing was off to counter my opponents trinkets. Aside from that it was relatively easy, not to mention I had my own to counter theirs with when my timing was off. HT to me, adds depth and more strategy to PvP. These items can pop up any time, and you must adapt quickly and accordingly or you will lose to it. My alts do not have unlocked mainframes, and I did fine gearing them them all up in Punchline last season, if I can do it so can others.

I guess what I am trying to say is, yes you are correct in that you have your own opinion. However, it does not mean that your opinion is the logical choice. The reason for this is, if as many people like yourself really disliked HT and did not want to use it, you could all go scrimmage together and leave the rest of the community to reap their rewards. However, there is just too much back and forth on who likes it and who doesn't. So the devs made a good call, limiting in death matches, and leaving it in objective based games. It was good a compromise. However, if that compromise is not good enough for you, you can always go utilize scrimmage, with all those people against HT. Oh, wait, there isn't enough of those people to even scrimmage with! :)

P.S.

them adding PvP marks as a currency which can pay for HT down the line, has got to tell you it is not going anywhere any time soon. You should just get used to it, and expect it at any time. It will make PvP much easier for you. :)
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

Do you have to pay real money for runes in League of Legends? I don't take issue with HT mechanics or strategies. I really do enjoy the tactical mods and trinkets as I mentioned before. But having empowered channeling, breakout regeneration, deadly block, escalating might, absorption adapters, etc. are just too much of advantage that I don't need over someone who has not bought the Home Turf DLC. Worse still, people want to nerf certain powers BECAUSE of how strong they become when coupled with tactical mods, i.e., photon blast with empowered channeling.

HT gets a lot of attention but I'm not against it per se. I'm just against entrance barriers. That's why I'd prefer there to be pvp expert mods, pvp expert consumables, and pvp next soders. If I had my way they would all be obtainable through influence or pvp marks, there would be fewer pvp tiers, pvp gear would not have tactical mod slots, and pve would be banned from arenas. Buuut in the mean time I will settle for GU33 :)
  16. Giggles Loyal Player

League is very similar to this game when it comes to pricing. You could play League for free, but majority of people spend money in the cash shop to unlock characters they want, or tokens which increase the rate at which they get the currency to obtain items like runes or money to purchase characters. It is all a choice.

So it comes down to one thing, really, if you like DCUO enough to support it, fork out a measly $10 dollars, which most of us spend on a cheap lunch, and buy the HT DLC. Right now you, can sub even for $10 a month. Soon you can purchase the upgrades with PvP marks. There is just no excuse not to have these items. If you do not like the game enough to support it, then do not buy it. However, we all have the same choices when it comes to the ways we can obtain the items. these are not luck based, or seasonal items.

If you do not like PvP with items, find similar like minded individuals and stick to scrimmage where the handful of you can make your own rules. Right now I think the devs made a good move compromising to both sides. We all now have arenas that we can play the way we see fit. I do support the reasoning behind removing them from death matches, as FNL is proof alone it needed to be done, but aside from that, I do not think it is a problem anywhere else in the game.

Bottom line, if people want to get good at PvP and get everything possible for them to achieve that, they will. those who do not care enough to do will not. just because people aren't running to play PvP the way you prefer it, does not mean it needs to be changed just to please a handful of people. I am not trying to sound condescending here, but it really sounds like you want to remove peoples choices from PvP to suite your own needs, and that is why I do not agree with you. However, I too am pleased with GU33. :)

P.S.

I think we can both agree this game will never, ever, be an esport worthy game. There are WAAAAAY too many bugs that pop up and imbalance the game, that prevent it from being up there with Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, Injustice, etc. ;)
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

I support the game and I'm entitled to wanting more competition. If you'd prefer, I would also be fine with the devs giving everyone a HT mainframe whether they bought it or not. Or a limited mainframe where they could only unlock tactical mods. Or a mainframe that could only be used for arenas. I'm not against player choice because I want more options for players to obtain mods and consumables. The goal is simply MORE competition.
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

See your definition and my definition of competition are way different. I think my opponents being able to debuff me, use a supply drop, henchmen, accomplices, oribitals, consumables etc, is top notch competition. I have to be on my toes at all times, because I never know what I am going to face. I never know what strategies my opponents are going to use to try and beat me. More strategies opens up more levels of competitiveness than less strategies.

You want to remove depth and strategies all because you want more competition. Have you ever stopped to think for a moment the type of competition you are interested in, is not the same type of competition the majority is interested in?

If people want to play a certain way, they will. It is clearly obvious most people do not care for your definition of competition. That is me solely judging the amount of "competitive" leagues and scrimmages that take place on USPC. Also, yes, it might pick up for a few weeks with GU33, but the second the new DLC hits, everyone will forget about the "competition" you prefer, like they always do. ;)

P.S.

I am not against the devs giving everyone completely unlocked mainframes in PvP so they can use all the HT items, as long as these items remain in PvP, because they add more depth and strategy to PvP than the old boring cookie cutter PvP.
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

@ everything above "P.S."

Where in the world did that come from? That has very little to do with what I actually said. I'M OKAY with home turf if they can give it to everybody.

In regards to those hardcore pvpers that you seem to hate, I think you will find that they do have a personal agenda and it's quite the nefarious one at that.. making DCUO an even more successful and popular game than it is now! Muahahah!

Balance = Good Fights = More Fun = More People = More $
    • Like x 2
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Looking for a link to your ingame poll, care to share?

Or should it say: