Update won't work! "The downloaded file is incomplete or corrupted!"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DrakeVegas, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Astral Insignia New Player

I too am having the same error with this Single file, after trying to reinstall and come back to the game after several years. I have followed all threads about help and issues like or identical to this to no avail. I am currently hoping stealing the file from the steam install will work, otherwise I am out of options. The above link provided troubleshooting information I had already completed. NA, EU, doesn't matter what server, the only file that doesn't work is the UNREAL3/DCGAME/MOVIES/MC_DC0560.BIK.

EDIT: Stealing the file from the completed steam installation solved my issue, as it was the only thing that wasn't working. Still have no idea why this would happen, but for those having the same issue you can copy files from the steam install to your other install and it should work.
  2. Kymeric New Player

New player. Downloaded the game on two separate computers for my wife and I to play. I'm having this exact same problem.

I've run Launchpad as an admin, I've scanned for malware, reset internet options, disabled the firewall, cleared the launchpad cache, and checked proxy settings. The game stays at 97% complete due to this one movie not downloading. :p
  3. Montjoy New Player

Try downloading it from steam and copy pasting the file to your installs.
    It should work mate.
  4. PStopper Active Player

Im a returning player on PSUS, and i get an error message saying: "you must wait for the full game to finish downloading before you can play this character. Estimated time remaining: 0hours 0 minutes 5seconds." and its been giving me this same error message for hours. i literally JUST reinstalled the game and still the same thing.