Update won't work! "The downloaded file is incomplete or corrupted!"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DrakeVegas, Feb 7, 2018.

1. DrakeVegas New Player

I've been trying for the past two days to install DCUO, but one of two things happen!

I either get the "
    The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes." message, where I can choose to retry and get the same message, or the installer simply closes, the process keeps running in the background, then it shuts off in a few hours (I timed it.).

I've tried uninstalling, I've tried installing through steam and the installer, I've tried restarting my PC, I've tried shutting everything off so the installer is the only thing on, but I just don't know what to do.
    • Like x 1
  2. DrakeVegas New Player

Update: I tried to brute force it by hitting "retry" every time the update failed (since no progress was lost), but it closed when it got to 90%.

When I re-opened it, it's back at 86%.
    • Like x 1
  3. DrakeVegas New Player

'Nother update: this message keeps coming up in the updated file list:

*Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/MAPS/PLAYROOMS/MPYR0227/MPYR0227.MAP

I vaguely remembered a "playroom map" file crapping out before I reinstalled, and since I pinpointed it in the games files, I tried to delete it so the updater would make another one that wasn't broken, but that didn't work.

But at least I think I've found something.
    • Like x 2
  4. Miral New Player

I signed up for an account yesterday, and I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. That is the exact file causing my download to fail, the exact error report I get when it does, and I have tried every solution imaginable, to no avail. I feel a little better knowing it isn't just me.

Now, granted, my computer is a senior citizen, having been purchased new back in 2010, but in its day it was the best laptop PC money could buy. I can even run things like World of Warcraft halfway decently. This is how I knew it wasn't my machine.

I do hope this is resolved soon, because I wanted to try out a Nature heroine - I never play healer much, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
    • Like x 1
  5. seanlim123 New Player

Me too...
    Does anyone has the file "UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/MAPS/PLAYROOMS/MPYR0227/MPYR0227.MAP"
    Maybe we could try to copy the file into the game folder manually?
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

7. seanlim123 New Player

Already submitted the ticket...
    The solution they provided include reset internet connection, restart PC, reinstall launchpad.
    Did all of it, doesn't work
    • Like x 1
  8. Miral New Player

Yep. Can confirm the same.
    • Like x 1
  9. DrakeVegas New Player

It's definitely liberating to have a carbon copy of everyone's issue, solution, and have it all still not work.

That way, when we do find a solution, we'll all have a solution.
    • Like x 1
  10. DrakeVegas New Player

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I submitted a ticket and whoever responded (the real MVP) said to switch to the EU server (Launcher>Advanced tools>Select Game Version) and it seems to be working. I haven't gotten any errors, but I still have to babysit the launcher for when it closes. Either way, it's at 81% and it hasn't shot down for any reason.

I'll keep updating y'all about what's going on from my end.
    • Like x 2
  11. DrakeVegas New Player

UPDATE: It TOTALLY works. Just select the European version, it'll update with a few hiccups, (just babysit the launcher) and it'll update as usual.

Thank you, Mike D from tech support.
    • Like x 2
  12. Nodens Dedicated Player

YES!!! The EXACT same file that's been screwing me over!!!

*Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

I even did a complete Windows reset today, and it still didn't work!
    Drake, I'm gonna try your trick. If it works, I'm naming my first-born after you.
    • Like x 1
  13. Revurse-Flash New Player

I got this too..i kept hitting retry,,,,,i got down to 2 files now that wont Download one is a BAD SIG

Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Replacing UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/MAPS/PLAYROOMS/MPYR0227/MPYR0227.MAP
    Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/STARTUP/STARTUPUI.UPK
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

I looked in the download error file...seems there is a BAD SIG with the MPYRO227.MAP....the other one tho..the UPK doesn't appear inside the fold..it keeps infinitly creating it and it wont stay there lol. I even put in a request to hopefully get the flash outfit from the event as I have been trying all week JUST for the outfit...but denied by 2 stubborn files...>_> how do I PM mepps? I went to his profile and no option xD

Ticket is
    Request #521135
    • Like x 1
  14. Revurse-Flash New Player

OMG YESH! TY! this works! but now I am hoping they will give me the Style from the Flash week.....dumb I couldn't get in for it all week. sucks so bad
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It should be on sale in the MP.
  16. EinherjarLucian New Player

Looks like the deployment team will need to update the US version's SHA hash check of that file.
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

What you describe with the file being created and instantly removed hints at another software interfering. This is usually done by security software or even Windows, but malware or adware can do that too.

1. Make sure your Windows is ok and clean (no malware, no proxies, no adware in Internet Explorer)
    2. allow the installation in your security software, sometimes it is even necessary to temporarely disable it
    3. Start the launchpad with admin rights

What else does DCUO need?
    NET Framework
    C++ Runtime
    Directx

These three are available on www.microsoft.com and are commonly missing on Windows 10.
  18. Tasden New Player

I convinced someone to try this game out with me, we both experience the exact same problems as everyone else and had to do the same fix as everyone else, switching to EU servers, in order to download the game. I have looked through many responses by you that all point the blame to the user having malware. I would seriously suggest you do a complete and clean installation of this game trying to use the US Servers because that is the only way you will be convinced that groups of people experiencing the same thing are right.
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The error discussed in this thread seems to be rare. My suggestion fixed most installation problems for years.
    Problems with adware are very common, as much as security software blocking installations.
  20. Helly New Player

I left the game couple years ago and I wanted to give it a try yesterday. When I finally downloaded the game it was working without any problem. However there was a hotfix about to deploy in the server about 10 mins so i had to log out then start the update. Now I have the same issue similar to this but there is diffference. Changin to EU doesn't work. Launcher either closes itself and tries to run in the task manager or shows me the ''download files corrupt'' message. I literally tried everything but didn't seem to work at all.
    This is the update log when it doesn't close itself by the way:
    Checking game installation...
    Found 8 file(s) to update.
    Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_CHT.BIN
    Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_CHT.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_CHT.BIN