Update won't work! "The downloaded file is incomplete or corrupted!"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DrakeVegas, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Checking game installation...
    Found 429 file(s) to update.
    Creating Unreal3/DCGame/CookedPC/DCFXGROUPS/ENVIRONMENT/UNIQUE/EP32/DCFXENVUNI_EP32_OPENWORLD.upk
    *Warning: Retrying Unreal3/DCGame/CookedPC/DCFXGROUPS/ENVIRONMENT/UNIQUE/EP32/DCFXENVUNI_EP32_OPENWORLD.upk
    *Warning: Retrying Unreal3/DCGame/CookedPC/DCFXGROUPS/ENVIRONMENT/UNIQUE/EP32/DCFXENVUNI_EP32_OPENWORLD.upk
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO has been having PC download issues forever and it's being blown off and the right people are not seeing it........................ and
    it is not rare.
    It happens all the time.
    The majority of the players that try to download the game never come to the forums and say anything.

PC online gamers as a whole are larger than PS, XBOX and Nintendo online gamers combined and yet PC players are outnumbered at around 10-1 in DCUO just with PS players alone. Add the Xbox players into the mix & I bet the numbers jump to 15/20 to 1.
  3. Helderman Dedicated Player

*Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

It seems some Episode 32 file is corrupted
  4. Kestral Committed Player

This is an old problem that usually comes up every episode update that has never been fixed. The usual answer for PC players is to change servers for the update the EU file works fine and then just change the server back after the update completes. Personally whenever I'm having problems with the updates restarting my computer helps but I have had to use the server trick as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If you had been gone for a very long time, the launchpad you have might be outdated. Download teh latest installer and repair it. Don't forget to clear the launchpad's cache. Additionally you can just delete the files that fail to update.
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

Except that the corrupted file does not get saved in my hard drive.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Literally just experienced this exact problem.

I downloaded it through steam.
    I reinstalled it fresh.
    Windows had a recent update.

Any of these 3 could be the culprit. The EU trick fixed the problem. It sounds like there is a bug with one of the files downloaded. Most likely due to Steam and the US Region.
    • Like x 2
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

For the new PC customers that DCUO needs to attract to the game this is kind of a big deal whether DCUO realizes it or not. The potential new customers that have no idea and don't want to deal with the headache just go to another game. 99% of the new PC players that have issues with the download will not even waste their time coming to the forums.

With the demographics of online gamers, PC players should outnumber the PS players on the server almost 2-1 and yet PS players out number PC players 10-1. This issue needs to be fixed. Just think how much money DCUO has lost by letting this one issue persist.
    • Like x 3
  9. Brady New Player

ok so iv been waiting for 4 or 5 DAYS to play DCUO and when it was at 24,123 of loading it said error The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes. so i saw the user Darke Vegas post that to fix the problem delete the playroom map file from the game file so i googled how to open the game file opened it and looked in all the tings and could NOT FIND IT i went in to file i could find nothing can some one tell me please how to find it.
  10. Kestral Committed Player

Change servers to the European one instead of US. Their download works and when the update is complete you can change it back and it will work fine.
  11. Brady New Player

Kestral thank you so much ill say more once i try it
  12. Brady New Player

it might just be my PC but even when i changed to the EU server it would give me the same message
  13. Brady New Player

ok so i think i found out how to play with out that error message popping up so open settings and click validate game assets and click validate at the bottom and i think this might just do it (but i also deleted the error file)
  14. KuroNeko246 New Player

I've been experiencing the same problem too. I've been sitting here trying to download it for hours now, but every time it gets to about 96.8% completion the error message pops up. I've tried the switch server trick but it didn't work either. This time I went into the file location and deleted the error file like Brady did, and I'm seriously hoping that kicks it into gear.

Hopefully I'll finally have a game my brother and I can both play on separate devices in another few hours. Fingers crossed!
  15. Montjoy New Player

16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I just thad a new idea:
    The files which are broken in the download seem to be language files or regional association files - that's why switching EU can fix it.
    The other potential fix could be to change the language!

a third fix could be to use the PCTest client. Make sure to install it in its OWN folder. Not in the LIVE server folder. you don't want to break it even more. You can copy the UNREAL 3 folder from live to test and do Vallidate Game Assets. Then maybe copy back the broken file to live and do Vallidate Game Assets.

My suspicion by now is, that the problem might be specific to non-English language versions and has therefore escaped their sight. If that is true, add your information and we can hope for a fix.
  17. Montjoy New Player

Unfortunately when I was installing the game last week switching to EU or US did nothing to fix it.

The only thing that worked for me was the Steam install.
    Copying the 1 file out of steam and into the standard install did fix the entire thing.
  18. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Which file was it?
    Any time a file was mentioned it was

UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/MAPS/PLAYROOMS/MPYR0227/MPYR0227.MAP
    UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/STARTUP/STARTUPUI.UPK
    UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_CHT.BIN
    UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/COALESCED_FRA.BIN

The first file looks like a location, because it is in the maps folder - it was also released or updated around August this year, which is what my files show. (29.08)
    The second is a UI file. I think from the character select screen. My file was updated on the 20th August, so shortly before the previous file.
    The third is clearly part of the localization files. upated 28.08
    The fourth is also part of the localization files - French in this case. updated 28.08

Btw. The first file can easily prevented from being created by security software or Windows blocking the creation of a new folder.
  19. Montjoy New Player

Creating UNREAL3/DCGAME/MOVIES/MC_DC0560.BIK
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/MOVIES/MC_DC0560.BIK
    *Warning: Retrying UNREAL3/DCGAME/MOVIES/MC_DC0560.BIK

^ that
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Well. That file is easy to identify: That's the comic-video which explains Two-Face's backstory.

And it makes zero sense at all why it would suddenly become missing from your installation... unless your hard drive is dying or malware eating through it. An Update should only add new files, not any from launch.

That file is very different from any mentioned in this thread before and I think that it might have a different cause for the error than the others as well.

edit: oh, I just saw: You must've ended up in the wrong thread entirely.... Normal troubleshooting may have fixed your launchpad error.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478-Launchpad-is-stuck-or-won-t-download