Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yes, because it is up to you if you want to spend that money. If you are not satisfied with what you would have to do, don't do it. No one to blame but yourself. You knew it was going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  2. Flair Well-Known Player

Incorrect Black Dawn. Its not the difference between a red car and a blue car. Its more like offering one rollerskate at a time. Yeah, you can probably try to skate around with one foot, but its nowhere near as functional as having both skates.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tule New Player

Can we just all agree that the car analogy is a bad one?

If you must have it, it is more like they are offering you half off the price of a car. Again, the fiends. Its even better than that because if you choose not to take the deal you can still consume the item, possibly take them up on the deal some other time, and still use it as a save point for a style or role before you do a league costume night or help out someone just for a run. And it takes up virtually no room. Dont HAVE to have it out.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Red car = my Healer load out
    Blue car = my DPS load out

If I want to be able to save my healer loud out, I don't need to purchase one because the Devs have been kind enough to give me one! Yay! Now, if I want to be able to save my DPS load out (so I don't have to manually spec into it later), I need to buy an armoury...I mean my blue car, because my style, SP, PP, load out, role, gear, mods, weapon, basically every single thing is different.

EDIT: I can then go out and buy a black car if I have the means! This car could contain the (everything) for my PVP Healer role! Woot!

But yeah, the car is a bad example.
  5. Flair Well-Known Player

Can we please all agree that it is understood that no one is holding a revolver to our heads to make us buy an armory?

The people not happy with the current price have a right to voice their opinion and are doing a service to the members of the dev team that are listenng to the feedback.

Those of us dissatisfied with the price are also attempting to get it lowered for everyone, even the folks who don't mind paying what they are currently asking.

I can't understand why any other player has a problem with people asking for lower prices. If they lower it further or give us extra perks like a one-time armory consumable for our mains to be able to switch back and forth, then not only do I win, but all of the player base does. Why is paying less or asking for more so wrong? Even the kids in the AT&T commercials get it. Its not complicated.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

True! But there is a difference from voicing your opinion and demanding unreasonable things. You have to consider not only the customer (yourself and the other players) but also the company. We have to feed it so it can grow. Like a child. Too much and we spoil it, too little and it will starve. Hehehe ^.^ I think this new price range is in the sweet spot.

EDIT: And like raising a child, it can be expensive as well. >.<
    • Like x 2
  7. Tule New Player

And I'm voicing my opinion. I care because the devs listened and lowered the price. So I don't want them to think everyone is still ungrateful. Keep on voicing your opinion, and I'll voice mine. I never told you to stop talking or even implied it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i'm a bit confused on this pricing. from prior news, it was said that each armory bought from the marketplace would be limited to one character only. meaning, given the specific character i'm using as i make that purchase and unlock the armory on is the only one that purchase is accessible to. so, it's not a fully account bound investment according to that. if that's the real case here, it just doesn't seem practical in how the prices for those are being set. say i have 8 characters i'd like to each have 4 total armories; i'm really going to have to fork over $128 to make that happen? i'd pretty much be paying more than i pay for my legendary per year, that's crazy. unless these armories are fully account bound items, $6 is a fair price. i'm hoping that it's absolutely not $6 per character, please clarify.
  9. Tocimus Committed Player

i think what should happen is that the cd is lowered substatially. then disalow it in a pvp zone.
    just like pets and turf items, it will get restricted after it's exploited to some unknown degree. might as well fix it now.
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It is account bound. It's like a base item, you get it on character, and you can either: consume it, or you can put it in your shared bank and put in on an alt.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You cannot use it in PVP matches.
  12. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i get that it's account bound, i already said that. i asked if it's fully account bound, meaning i make one purchase and it can be redeemed on each of my characters. if it's like a base item or any other item that you receive during gameplay where it's a one time only consumption, i'm on the fence about $6 if my vision was to get multiple armories for each of my characters. paying more than i pay for my legendary per year to get that done, i have a huge problem with that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Heartsbane Committed Player

I wonder how many of the people that are still complaining buy drinks at a bar/restaurant?
  14. Tocimus Committed Player

no it is not. it is a consumable that only works for one character. that's why many are still saying the pricing is a bit outrageous still. since all other consumables are 100-200 SC.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

A roller skate is sold as a pair because they are designed to work only together. You don't want to use a roller skate and a skateboard together, that would be crazy. You have one roller skate (DPS role), which is designed to do certain things, and one skate board, because that is designed to do something else be it healer/tank/controller role...something that is different from the other one, so not a roller skate, not the same. The Devs are giving you one roller skate, skate board, whatever, it's up to you if you would like something different. At least that is how I see it. ^.^
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

It's a consumable. You can buy any of the packages and redeem them on one character and then choose which characters you want to consume them on. Hope this helped. ^.^ If you are worried about the cost the higher packages, while at a higher price, are actually a greater value. And remember, if you buy more than you think you need you can always store them in the bank until you need another one. That way you don't have to buy an additional armoury at $6, you already have it. :)
  17. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

that's the type of answer i was looking for and it's exactly what i thought i read almost a month ago. i totally disagree with that price considering what it was i planned to do with armories for my characters, smh. people think it's a real steal deal? sure, okay.
    • Like x 2
  18. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

no, black dawn, your info didn't help. i don't think you're understanding my question, you keep reiterating what i already said and get. but, someone already gave the exact type of answer i was looking for to my real question. based on how armories are being priced considering what vision i had for each of my characters to hook them up with armories in each of their lairs, these packages are not a great value. how is it a great value if i'd have to cough up more than i pay for my legendary per year? over $200 in a year just to play dcuo the way i dreamed, i don't think so.
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Yeah it is sad. Sometimes life has little disappointments.

I think what we are getting confused on is this. When you said account bound, I took it as trade-able among the characters on your account. But you meant it as redeemable on all characters. Which if you look at my post, I stated how you can only redeem the item on one character but then trade it to different characters on your account. Sorry that you were confused by this, I could have been more clear.

EDIT: also if you buy a larger package, you are actually only paying $4 per amoury instead of $6 if you only buy one. And $4 is less than what most people, $5, were asking for. So yea, that is a great deal IMHO.
  20. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

no, i was never confused by what you said. you simply weren't understanding my question. but sure, spending $200 on something is really nothing. but, i'm speaking in terms of practicality. paying more than i pay for my legendary throughout the course of a year to get every armory i want for each of my characters is not practical at all.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.