Update on Armories

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Liberty Developer

Hello Again DCUO Fans,

I recently announced the exciting news that Armories will be launching in DCUO next week. This is still the case!

Armories are an incredible new feature for the game, one that will permanently improve your everyday experience, expand gameplay in new ways, add a great decoration to your Base, and allow you to easily customize your characters just how you have always wanted to.

I truly appreciate all of the feedback that we received, and after much reading and discussion, we took a hard look at the pricing and decided to make some changes. Here is the revised Armory pricing, in US Dollars.

· One Armory - $6 ($6 per Armory)
    · 4-Pack - $20 ($5 per Armory)
    · 8-Pack - $32 ($4 per Armory)
    o Armories will be sold for Station Cash on PC and for Marketplace Cash on PlayStation, and will be added to the Loyalty Vendor for Loyalty Points

I definitely value the feedback. It’s great to be part of a community with so much passion for the game and can’t wait to see what you do with Armories.

Best,
    Larry “Captain” Liberty
    Executive Producer
    DC Universe Online
    • Like x 80
  2. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I agree with this
    • Like x 16
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Now THIS is doable :)
    • Like x 19
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hey, this is awesome. I think that this is the best possible solution and one that was discussed in the thread as a viable option. Thank you Captain Liberty and the rest of the Devs.

Just making sure though: They are still consumables that are account bound?
    • Like x 12
  5. Radium Devoted Player

Thanks for listening to all our criticisms and giving us this great change.
    • Like x 17
  6. Tule New Player

Aww, you DO care.

I'll take 8!

[IMG]
    • Like x 16
  7. Ps4ever17 New Player

So can someone please explan when we are getting rage powers. I know dlc nine but like date?
  8. Meltman Level 30

Solid compromise. Not more, not less.
    Now where did I put my darn credit card? :D
    • Like x 9
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They are per character, but the items can be shared-banked to your other characters before you use them.
    • Like x 6
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 10
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have not yet released the date.
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Told ya guys! :p Also major +1 for the Zoidberg pic. XD
    • Like x 2
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

The 99% prevails!
    • Like x 5
  14. BigGreenBudz New Player

i dont know, $6 each still sounds expensive, especially when you figure that you need to have 2 per character... meaning if you want to use the feature, you will need to spend at least $64 if you use the full 16 character slots that legendary provides... I mean, its a step in the right direction, but i honestly feel like the ability to have 2 spec outs for 2 different roles should have been a feature from the start. Why do i have to pay additional money on top of my legendary to be able to have 2 loadouts?
    • Like x 15
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thanks for the info! This is really great!
    • Like x 1
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

This is far better ( not perfect as the amount of SC required to be bought cant be done in lots of 100 so you still need $10 to get one, but i see why this was done due to legendary SC) and thankyou for listening to us. still a little bit too much sandwich but ill live.

i think the fact that you guys took it on board shows that you lot are a pretty good bunch.
    • Like x 6
  17. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Much more reasonable pricing, guys. Thanks for the response to the community outcry, and in a timely manner as well.

At this rate, I'll definitely be picking up a 4 pack at launch and will look into more later.

Again, great change and nice response time. +1s all around to the team.
    • Like x 8
  18. JustSome_Chick New Player

$6 and still not account bound? Wooo you cut the biggest pack in half to get $4 each. But I still have to buy one for each slot for each character.

PASS and DONE with this nonsense.

Lucky you most people who are responding were ready to jump to "happy" at the slightest bend on your part because it's so unprecedented. I, however, see right through this.

Thank you for saving me money, I won't waste any more here. Peace, out.
    • Like x 17
  19. Campor Well-Known Player

I dunno about everyone else, but even the fact it was reduced to $6 per individual Armory means I'll be buying at least two- One for my main, and one for my secondary on Hero-side. I may well end up buying more for certain other characters, but the fact we were listened to certainly helps.
    • Like x 2
  20. Flemix Level 30

Guys please, get a hold of yourself.

You are being played and falling for it so hard it's not even funny.
    They first gave us the absolute highest pricing they could with a straight face.

The goal wasn't only to see our reaction.
    It was to skew the balance and pull expectations towards the higher end.

This new offer is only one small step down from absolutely outrageous.
    That doesn't make it a fair price in any way.

They are still for single characters and the packs inconvenient as ever.
    Offering 4 and 8 packs is nonsense.

Getting a full set of 16 Armories will now cost you 64$ instead of 60$.

What a deal.
    • Like x 25
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.