Update membership perks and prom boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I've told myself to not post suggestions in the forums never again, and whatever comes in the game I will support it or not... but...
    The membership perks are totally outdated.

They should include 5 Seals of preservation each month.
    They should add old time capsule styles to the marketplace, because there's literally nothing new added there, its dead and for beta players like me, the monthly stipend is worthless. UPDATE THE MARKETPLACE so we can have actually something to buy besides artifact stuff (that I will never buy).
    The prom boxes styles are literally a joke, they should remove the common basic styles and update with more recent styles.
    The vault its been screaming for years for an update in styles.
    Create new perks that incentivate freebies to subscribe: new iconic powers only for members, power color customization, exclusive hairstyles and stuff like that.

Or just screw membership altogether.

Come on, there should not be this disconection between member perks and the current state of the game, it speaks volumes how little they try to keep perks updated.
    • Like x 25
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I wholeheartedly agree. sadly Im also convinced this will never happen. just because it wont immediately put money in the pockets.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

I feel you. I want them to update the perks, I pay 15$ with games I don't even play (PC has to pay All Access, which is PlanetSide 2, Everquest, etc...) I have no interest in those, just DC. So at least I want it to be worth it.

I'd love if they update the Market place every few months to give us hairstyles and new outfits, maybe even cosmic outfits to choose from, I love the theme. New lair themes, base items packs, etc. Put limited time items even on Market Place just as Bombshell Diana Shield, so you can get it for all your characters for a limited time, but at least put it there.
    • Like x 7
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is main reason I said screw legendary and went back to being premium. Because any time this topic pops up nothing comes out of, everything is ignored and months later we see another thread on the same subject.
    • Like x 7
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've suggested all this, it sucks that it's never happened. Hopefully when a decline in population happens at ps5 launch they'll be more inclined to take our ideas into consideration.
    • Like x 7
  6. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I support changes to the membership and these are good ideas BUT realistically got more chance pvp being fixed.

Membership in its current form is archaic and outdated, period!
    • Like x 5
  7. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

I agree, the whole membership needs to be tweaked and improved.
    The Marketplace should be a place where some exclusive items have to be add regularly, as they did with the Batman and Flash cowls, but it remains the game cash machine, if you want to respect a power, the character personality or body... PAY, not even a cheap price as most of the most basic respect are heavily priced....
    I mean, paying 1000 for a power change its a lot, but paying 1000 for a body or personality change is just crazy.

Originally we could have the cosmic roman or angelic, scuba or other styles that were not as popular as they probably expected but... man, we are playing a superhero game, we want tights, capes, cowls, masks... and well, it took years to finally stop having Transformer styles.
    Your other suggestions as new iconic powers/trees or some power color custom (even if limited) or members exclusive styles sound like a really great idea.

Hopefully they will read it and see if they can work it out.
    I love this game and if done correctly this game can last for several more years but "Adapt/Update/Evolve or die"
    • Like x 3
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

As a reminder, the membership benefits are as follows (all prices in US dollars):
    • access to all DLC Packs (worth $215 Plus $10 ~3 months for episode access, note member looses access to unpurchased episodes at end of sub)
      150 Free Replay Badges Monthly (worth $5)
    • Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks (worth $1 per opened lockbox which drop every 1-2hrs for members, 1-4hrs for premium, can easily get more than 15 lockboxes in a month. note diminishing returns, large pool of items so it is eventually hard to find a new style, though compound omegas are always a loot choice)
    • Unlimited in-game currency (worth ~$20, based on 4 x 7 day unlimited escrow, though you don't need access to all your cash all the time)
    • More Inventory Slots (worth $12 for 3 rows of inventory, note member looses access at end of sub and those are additional rows on top of what can be purchased)
    • Free daily Vault Access (worth ~$16, based on cost of 20 vault tickets, diminishing returns on styles, though provides Nth metal, some ingame cash, a source mark, and occasionally seasonal base items)
    • Form a League (intangible benefit, a member needs to create the league but anyone can be made the leader)
    • 14 Additional character slots (this is a total of 16 slots, premium has 6 total. worth ~$50 for difference in number of available character slots, though many people do not play with more than a handful of characters. Note, members must deactivate up to 10 characters on loss of sub and will not have access to those characters without buying character slots or renewing membership. also members can have up to 32 characters, premiums can only have 22 )
    • 20 Broker slots (worth ~$4, note member looses access to unpurchased broker slots at end of sub, these additional slots are on top of what can be purchased)
    • 36 Additional Bank slots (worth ~$16, note member looses access to unpurchased bank slots, these additional slots are on top of what can be purchased)
    • Trade items and cash (no direct method to determine worth)
    • 6 fragments from stabilizer event (12 stabilizers per 30 days, premium get 8 so this is worth $4 compared to premium, free only get 6 so this is worth $6 compared to free players)
    • 10% discount in the marketplace (worth depends on amount spent in marketplace)
    • 500 loyalty points/daybreak cash (worth $5)
    • access to layer system (worth $5, note member looses ability to move an existing larger layer and use of the mainframe unlocks on loss of sub)
    • access to utility belt system (worth $5, note member looses ability to equip a utility belt on loss of sub, and will only have access to 1 trinket/sidekick/backup/orbital/pet at a time)
    • access to shield weapon (worth $5, note member looses ability to create a new character/respec an existing character to shield weapon at loss of sub, though they can continue to play characters created during membership with the shield weapon)
    • access to all powers (worth $35, note member looses ability to create a new character/respec an existing character to unpurchased powers at loss of sub, though they can continue to play characters with those unpurchased powers that were created/respeced during membership )
    The three I've highlighted alone cost the same amount as membership if you pay month to month, and there are discounts for getting longer memberships.

That being said, I agree with doing something in promethium box and vault styles. I'm sure I have all vault styles on at least my main, but the promethium box loot table is so bloated that I'm almost guaranteed to never see the styles I'm missing (basically just ones from the other faction that I could now get with style unlocking if I worked on an alt there).

Also, while it would be nice to add more things to the marketplace, it really isn't fair to say "there's nothing to buy" while also asking for seals to be added to membership benefits. Use that 500 daybreak cash/loyalty points a month for seals if there isn't anything else you want. A pack of 4 seals of preservation only costs 200.
    • Like x 3
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hmmm.

Stuff from old TCs make their way back into the game via the Booster Gold/Second Chance vendors, so putting them on the Marketplace would be a bit redundant.

I'll agree to an extent that Promethium Lockbox loot tables could use a second look, but I'm really not sure how much could be added as far as style items go. Most (if not all) the styles in the Lockboxes are from the core/free-to-play part of the game, including the PvP styles. Anything else is tied into Episodes and might fall into the "you must own this content/be a subscriber to use this item" trap. One thing I think could be a possibility for a change there would be to add in the rare chance for Seals of Preservation as a loot choice.

Vaults I'm leery of trying to change because the last time the loot tables were changed there, we lost the chance at getting the Aeronaut style through Vault runs (Aeronaut, Logistics Officer and Sharpshooter were all Vault-only styles to begin with). Another Vault with a different loot table (maybe one for subscribers with rare styles as the drops?) might be a better way to go.

But please, enough with the power color customization requests. They gave an outright "no" to that question years ago and have not budged an inch since. There's been no indication of the powers that be changing their minds. At. All. For the love of all that is good and pure in the world and for the sake of my poor poor sanity, please. No more. :confused:

Okay, so maybe I was being a tad bit melodramatic there at the end. :D
    • Like x 2
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

This is one of the most ridiculous post I have ever read on any forums. You literally put a price on the entire game
    • Like x 4
  11. Fuerza Fenix Level 30

Answers like this give the devs the wrong msg: "Game is perfect as it is, dont change anything, we are extremely happy with everything you provide us for FREE".

Then let me tell something, in other games you could earn your power respect doing task forces, you could earn in game cash and use to change your styles, or body shape and other multiple features.
    In other games you could custom your fx and power colors.
    In other games you could basically run the content and get rewards limited by your free time, not by loot lockouts.

City of heroes existed nearly 20 years ago and DCUO should be an improvement in possibly every aspect CoH could offer yet that's not reality.
    Champions online might not have the gameplay we have in DCUO but it does have LOTS of stuff that could make our DCUO devs blush and envy.

We want DCUO to be better, to improve, to succeed, to stay relevant for many years to come.
    The only way to achieve that is offering feedback, suggestions and keep on posting, post like yours are absolutely wrong as it doesnt add anything and somehow tries to invalidate our points.
    Sad.
    • Like x 3
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I suggested idk how long ago, for them to add the vault/lock box styles to the rare style vendor. But has yet to happen.
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thats exactly how the Devs see the memberships costs versus what it gives. Stealth broke it down so folks can see what the membership has and the value of it so folks can understand what their 15 a month is giving them.

I also agree adding Seals of Pres to the Membership. The system certainly needs a bit of a revamp to fit current systems and utilize it. I agree the 500 LP/DBC can be easily used for said items as well but it should end up being a choice to use it there. Membership should give SoP part of the membership for sure.
    • Like x 4
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I wouldn't say "entire game". This is just a listing of membership benefits showing how much each costs based on prices on the marketplace. I made this a while ago when someone said "membership isn't worth $15/month", and I pull it forward everytime I see a membership discussion. I try to update the episode cost to keep it current, but those are one of the "rented" items so it doesn't matter as much if that number is accurate. So it's not like I needed to spend much time on it this time, and it's a good place to start when discussing benefits.
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

honestly? if it wasn't for the cash cap, I'd've probably let my membership pass ages ago.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Maybe its just me but I dont see any value in half of the stuff you listed. I agree you did it well and like another forum user said, its how the devs see the perks we get in therms of value.
    BUT... I still think the values are overrated and totally disconected with the current state of the game and what we can call valuable nowadays.

The styles of vault, prom boxes and in the marketplace are a complete old joke, not having seals when the artifact breakthough can fail multiple times, I dont know I think they need to overhaul the complete membership system to make it atractive again and incentivate players or just scrap the whole membership thing.
    We been getting open episodes for months maybe its time to supress membership and offer more unique style and customization via marketplace. With really cool things, superhero themed stuff, not firefighter or cowboy silly crappy styles.
    Its so sad to have hundred of threads suggesting styles and cosmetic stuff just to be mostly ignored.

We need hairstyles packs, skins for movement power, new iconic powers, skins and they can release it via marketplace like most game and still make money without a membership.
    • Like x 2
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Would be great if they could update it . I feel it should be updated but I don't think they will.
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I agree, not everything there is consistently useful. But as mentioned, those 3 bold items alone (repay badges, dbc/lp, and extra stabilizers) are the same price as monthly membership. These are also widely used items, with the dbc/lp being the most versatile (used at least for extra replay badges, extra stabilizers, or seals, but can be used for other things as well). Now if you are saying you don't think 150 repay badges are worth $5, for example, that's a separate issue on marketplace pricing. But as it stands, those are the going rates for the different items (outside of sales).

Keep in mind, this is the base point (where we stand right now). Membership more than pays for itself with many play styles. Without something new being added to the game, it's likely that changes to benefits would likely be a give and take. So it'd be worth identifying which of those you would scrap in favor of something new and what happens to the scrapped benefit. For example if the extra character slot benefit was scrapped would members only have 6 free slots or would premium now get 15 free slots?

Just a quick side note, seals are available in game through certain time capsules, tough they are rare. If/when promethium lock boxes are updated, maybe the "marketplace item" choice could include seals. It would at least make that benefit more enticing, even if they were rare.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My suggestion has been to add another higher tier of membership that gives players qwarks and/or seals and/or additional perks. DI doesn’t really have a reason to buff up the current membership tier perks. But another tier would increase their revenue and give players another option to obtain those things. It’s as close to a win-win for the company and the customers as you’re gonna get.
    • Like x 3
  20. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Brilliant idea! Downgrade top tier after nerfing from a few years back. Might want to whisper this to a gm so the other mmo competitors don't jump on the bandwagon first. :p
    • Like x 3