Update membership perks and prom boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 22, 2020.

1. L T Devoted Player

That's nothing. You shoudl read some of ALB's posts....
  2. L T Devoted Player

You should end it right now then. Repair costs are no longer an issue, and you could realistically spend $5 a month for an over priced escrow unlock to grab what you need from the broker 1 week a month.
  3. L T Devoted Player

That's absolutely, dead-on correct. I feel really sorry for anyone who actually buys a prometheum lock box at that price.

truth.

To be fair, we've gotten some materials on the marketplace, as well as movement styles and lair styles. I'm assuming we don't see more because they don't sell well. Probably because everyone is spending their money on artifacts.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sp you are down with the Open Eps, because people are running the content more, but you want to remove everything they (premium and F2P) would get by running the content? You know this is basically like saying stop the open eps, right? I'm also a fan of the Open eps and have been getting some things completed on my premium accounts, but I don't see why anyone would run any of it if you remove collections, feats, gear, marks from it. Well, more than once or twice at least, just to experience the content.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but they are not really the same. Legendary also gives the ability to trade cash, which an escrow unlock does not do(unless it has been added). Also, unless you have multiple billions set aside, you'd likely be broke after 1 or 2 of those period of escrow unlock, with no way to replenish your cash unless you have a deep supply of 500-600 million dollar items to sell during the week. I've run a few premiums for years and the few times I believed I needed access to my cash, I've subbed that account for a month...the 5$ escrow unlock...IMHO...brings almost nothing to the table. You could make the same argument for Legendary as you could for escrow unlock but in reverse...sub up once every 3 or 4 months...once per DLC or TC, and go on a 1 month spending/selling/trading spree vs 3 or 4 separate weeks over the same time period for more money.
  6. L T Devoted Player

My point was, that lots of people claim the one and only reason they're subscribed is because of unlimited cash, and it's not a great reason.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's the 'only' reason, but it's the biggest I think. However, I've never been able to rationalize spending the $5 on the escrow token as for not much more you get full access to cash(meaning the ability to trade it as well) and the other included stuff like the replays, 500 DBC/MPC. Not even giving any value to the other things like promethium boxes, or loot locks or episode boxes.

I once had a premium friend who told me he had just gotten an unlock AND bought 350 replays. I pointed out that he had spent about enough to have subbed a month and the 500 MPC could just about have made up for the other 200 replays he didn't get. His response? "Yeah....well....shut up...."
    • Like x 1
  8. MrWon Committed Player

BRUH........... How would it remove everything from a Premium Acc? They can still buying the Episode and get access to the full reward without needing to sub. Assuming open Episodes is going to be a permanent thing, Daybreak going to be pushing hard to incentivize people to buy the Episode or Sub. I'm a huge fan of Open Episodes and want it to 100% stay forever. It'd be an amazing addition to have 10+ years of content available to everyone at all times. And yes, the point of it is to let players experience the actual gameplay firsthand. Either that, or we back to the way thing was once the pandemic is over (which I hope don't happen but most likely will).
  9. MrWon Committed Player

I respect it. Honestly for me, as long as Open Episode is permanent in some way, then it's good.
    • Like x 1
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Funny, I don't pay attention to nothing you or a few other post, but you all always watching me. A few of you all are going to get pregnant
    • Like x 1
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah, I think that would be best for the community overall as it just allows more players to run more content. And that is something the game needs pretty badly as I don't think anyone likes waiting for their queues to pop.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never said you were asking to 'remove anything from a Premium', I was saying the thing you like about Open Eps is that people are now running content. The open eps is a gift...so they are not 'losing' anything if it changes. I'm saying if you pull the things out that people are running for, (like gear, feats, collections, marks...as suggested) no one would be running it anymore, at least not the F2P or Premiums. As it is now, there are people running old content like Nexus or DWF or the WOL raids, because they want the feats and gear. Other than a single pass for the story, why would they continue to run the stuff....which affects why YOU like them?

I also think eps should be open permanently or sold at a greater discount, although I'd say the last 2 eps should not be available. The longer loot locks and episode specific treasure boxes are in place to give an incentive to maybe sub, or buy the ep, so you don't need to pull feats or collections (pickup ones at least). I have a premium account that owns all eps except the last 2, because I wanted to repeatedly run the content for the feats...gear...marks, not for the story. The others, one and done was enough.

Personally I don't think they need to make them 100% 'free' Just bundle the Eps up to BOP as one 'mega' bundle. The last 'ultimate' stops around AF3 I think, so there is little reason to buy it, then buy a bunch of a-la-carte. Make the whole 'episode' bundle $80-$100, which is still a bargain, but I'd think would drive a lot of sales. On my premiums I don't buy eps on, I generally just ground out the 1 or 2 months of free eps we'd get during the year (anniversary and Summer normally) to knock out old feats....I'd think about buying them instead if it were cheap enough.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh champions!!!! I think i fell in game love with u just now hahahaha