Update 2: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Brees New Player

That isn't what would happen though. People will run all of the content everyday and be geared in less than two weeks. Why do you think people were griping so hard after WotL came out. It took no time to be geared.

Is the game so boring that the only reason people would run old content is for new marks? That's crazy to me. I like going back and running old stuff every once and a while.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think you're missing the actual concern based on this statement. Not everyone can run a raid or an alert during a given day. Some people can only run an alert a couple times a week and a raid every other week, for instance. They need the best gear for those times when they actually have time in their busy schedules to run the harder content. If the only way for them to get gear is from the alerts and raids, then it will take them many months and not just the few months that the DLC is still popular.

With some solo content they can sprinkle in during the days they have less time to play, players can get the gear and participate in all DLC content more often while the DLC is popular. That is why the marks change was so unpopular; players want to be able to run with their friends and keep up with those friends who might have more free time. That's part of the MMO experience.
    • Like x 3
  3. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Thank you for spearheading this change with your brilliant post in the other thread. Proving that if you are respectful and make intelligent points they should be considered!
    Thank you SORE!
    • Like x 2
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thank you Devs, thank you
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You got gear but not from running the content but from the 3 unattuned, better than vendor, IL 90 gear that dropped in Assault & Battery. It was also the quickest content for the reward where you could finish in 20 minutes or less. That is what happened with War of the Light Part 1.
  6. wintermute Well-Known Player

Sounds confusing and flip-floppy to me.
    Stick to your guns Spytle, you make the game and these punks play it.
    Better games have been ruined by too much "community" input.
    • Like x 2
  7. Green Lantern New Player

That's what brought us Origin Crisis with all the invisible one-shots in Dox.
    • Like x 2
  8. HarryHell Well-Known Player

"Their greed" is wanting longlivity of a dlc, which means they want to keep as much of the playerbase as possible as long as they can. Dont get me wrong the meaning behind dcuo is making money, but this isnt a pure moneygrab. Also they met community half way n gave them a possibility of making 5.2 (or more) marks pr day just doing solos, 3.2 if u dont do iconics.
    • Like x 2
  9. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

longevity wasn't even a problem in the first place people still play every content in this game, everytime i log on i see the truth on lfg
  10. Octantis New Player

I dunno. Players are more inclined to spend them if they can't get anymore, I would think. As long as they keep adding stuff to the Style Vendor, or other things to buy with MoF, I don't see how a cap matters.
  11. FaLeX Dedicated Player

How "Update 2: Marks of Power" came about....
    Spytle & Mepps while watching TV....

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. Little Sister New Player

Weird compromise, but I'm okay with it.
    • Like x 1
  13. wintermute Well-Known Player

Well thank God the community stepped in and bitched and moaned enough to get Paradox nerfed into an embarrassment.
    Great work community!
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Most of the complaining about Nexus and Dox stemmed from the fact that to often a times players would come out of a grueling Nexus/Dox run without anything (because of group loot). People thought that it was BS that for finishing a raid SO difficult that they got nothing to show for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I hope the undersiege bounty also gives option to choose MoP.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

ah ok i guess i missed them saying that. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea loot tables and difficulty are 2 way different things and there were people complaining about the loot tables but there were others saying nerf the whole raid.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think the developers addressed the wrong portion of the community on that, myself. The only problems I had with Dox or Nexus were the loot drops allowing players to discriminate based on CR and the rendering issues. If they had addressed those concerns instead of the concerns that Nexus and Dox were too hard, I would have been happy. Making them easier did not change that the community still asked for ridiculous CR requirements, nor did it change that people were getting one shot due to rendering issues/bugs. It is what it is now, though. I'll never know what it was like before difficulty was reduced.
  19. Mister Brees New Player

Not for me. I was full scion before I even stepped into A&B. Took less than two weeks.
    • Like x 1
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

On my main toon I never bought a single piece of Scion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.