Downtime Upcoming Downtime and Updates - Week of January 25, 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello DCUO! Next week is jam packed with updates, and the details follow. Please plan accordingly!

Server Downtime - January 25, 2016

All servers will be taken offline at 4AM PST on Monday, January 25, 2016. This maintenance is in preparation for cross play, and will consolidate and resolve duplicate league names. See this thread for details.

Game Update 56 - January 27, 2016

Next, Game Update 56 is expected to launch on Wednesday, January 27, 2016. GU56 features midrange updates for Mental and Ice, and the first round of combat changes for PvP.

Cross Play - Week of January 25, 2016 February 1, 2016

Finally, cross play between PC and PS3/4 servers is expected to launch Wednesday or Thursday, January 27 or 28 the week of February 1, 2016, assuming no complications arise with either the maintenance on Monday or GU56's launch. We expect this downtime to be significant, and will share details when they are available.

UPDATE: GU56 will not launch tomorrow. We now expect to go forward with the update on Wednesday.

UPDATE 2: Hello! We are now targeting next week for cross play (the week of February 1, 2016). This is a complicated transition and not a launch we want to rush in any way. As the date approaches, we have found there is still some work that needs to be done for our operations teams to feel 100% ready. In light of that, we are going to spend a few extra days triple checking the process before moving ahead.

Let me assure you we appreciate just how much everyone is looking forward to cross play and being able to play with all of your friends on the opposite platform - we are too! - but we also know how important it is for this update go as smoothly as possible.

We will share more information about the specific date and downtime when that information is available.
    • Like x 38
  2. TheHaze New Player

Can't wait.
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Lot of downtime
    • Like x 7
  4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Did you expect otherwise? These updates are MAJOR.
    • Like x 8
  5. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Very nice to hear....
  6. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Well, fingers crossed for no complications then. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Picture Active Player

This will be a good week for Dcuo
    • Like x 2
  8. FaLeX Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

• Like x 5
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  11. Ichiro Loyal Player

I might be wrong since I have not been keeping up on the changes to pvp but the only change that i saw being made were damage reductions to various abilities. I would have to say please hold off on releasing the pvp changes until all aspects of pvp are addressed. Releasing a damage output decrease update without addressing healing, shields or other defensive overpowered abilities is not beneficial.

I may not like being one shotted by earth or nature or hard light right now but I am willing to live with it if it means we get a more complete update to pvp.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

• Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What I'm dreading is the vastly increased population of children of all ages trying to be as offensive as possible in public shout and other channels, spewing out racism and vileness, with too many of them to be able to effectively file trouble tickets about. :(

Examples of this on the already-shared 5x5 custom channel have been as nauseating as I've feared.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But not character names? Or are character names included?
  15. marvelousman Well-Known Player

i dont want to lose or modify my character name :mad::mad:
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

So pretty much the game will be unplayable for a whole week. Got it.
    • Like x 10
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Awesome,So crossplay Maintance Monday First then Gu 56 Which is Ice mid range Mental mid Range, Also Hold on this needs to be in all caps PVP FIX PART 1 Then to End the week CROSSPLAY OMG THIS IS REAL SOMEONE SLAP ME I'M Still Sleeping
    • Like x 2
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

but after the week is gone,it will be more playable then ever before :D
    • Like x 2
  19. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Nice Mental Update . I'm gonna be like
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    PSYL0CKE X8
    League: `X-MEN
    CR:152