Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The extra hits from bubble are automatic, and generally will only occur 3 times.
    Your loadout is what is power hungry, to be brutally honest. Depth charge, water spouts, and ebb (combo) takes a lot of repetitive power. The crashing wave power you use (the punch thing) is okay, "if" you wanna be in melee range (which isn't ideal, as your other powers are usable at max range with the same damage). Yes, tsunami strikes might not feel to smooth, but if you can get it down, it'll help conserve power while still attacking.

Constantine, or the vendor beside booster gold in watchtower, will have artifacts, but you have to unlock certain ones first. Some you can buy from the broker as well.
  2. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Thanks for your input. I currently run VWD, Trans and Strat. But this morning I saw a video of this guy hitting 40, 50 and 60k parsers with Grim, Trans and Strat. But if you say I’m better off, then I’ll stay the course.
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

I tried getting better at this, but failed. So I am investing on increasing my power. it`s getting better as I level, as I replaced the single heal for SOTS, as it seems to be more efficient at healing. With this rotation + dehydrate, that I unlocked, I am not topping scoreboards against adds but, weirdly, I am being the top damage against bosses. I think it's because, at level 26, a fully charged dehydrate dealt 11.5k damage, by using Drown + Depth charge + ebb and flow repeatedly.

I guess it's more important to do the most damage against bosses, right?
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

In the raids and alerts, it's more important to do the mechanics and get "through" the content effectively. If wanting top scoreboard spot, I'm guessing boss damage is what you'll want.
    Yes, Dehydrate is very powerful when your super charge is filled. Once you reach higher content, and higher might, it'll be hitting in the hundred thousands.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm looking for what's best for the group. As a healer, I keep everyone alive. As DPS, I focus on what's most important. In DCUO I believe this means doing important stuff: picking up players, killing adds in the way of objective, working cogs, etc, to make the raid go as fast as possible. But I have been seeing so many scoreboard chasers recently that I've wondered if I was right thinking like this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

You're right in the thinking of mechanics.
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Update: I got the geist of bubble. The extra hits happen at the exact same time as the regular hits. They deal 50% of the previous hit. Drown + Bubble + Dehydrate = 1 hit kill sub-bosses, 75% of the HP of bosses, including group bosses. Drown + Bubbe + rotation = a lot of damage.

I am having copious amounts of fun with this loadout. I am writing a story that has a hydrokinetic character, and the powers are exactly like I envisioned the concept. I should have made a water toon before.
    • Like x 2
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Even if you don’t have the supercharged filled, dehydrate is still hitting for 50+/70k on each rotation (soul cloak included)
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes, I didn't mean to make it should like it wasn't hard hitting without SC bar with some juice. It is actually the hardest hitting ST power in the water tree (with or without SC).
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yeah, water has a lot of potential on ST
    • Like x 1
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Bubble + Torrent = OP.

Just Sayin'