Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I really just catching up on the grind and little time for testing. I will try some of these out tonight and see how I like em.

Currently running, SF, TS, Drown, WaterSpouts, High Tide, and Bubble.

Pop Drown, followed by WS.. Then clip with HT and bubble.. SF, TS.. Drown WaterSpouts, TS.. Repeat.
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

How did you get those numbers? What was your CR & SP? Did you count crits & non-crits? What I got was a little different (top is highest damage, bottom is lowest):
    [IMG]
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

4. L T Devoted Player

I tested at cr166 with 7443 might. crits are discarded and the numbers normalized to 0 might in DPS stance.

Also note that equal and high tide on my chart shows only the dot from high tide. For the full damage you need to add in the burst. Also you're adding up all the combos, while I'm breaking out each attack.
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

O.k, thanks
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Tested again, just to make sure. Out of 20 attempts of Shark Frenzy with High Tide there were 4 non-crits & 16 crits. So if it's supposed to crit every time, then it isn't working correctly.
    Also tried using Shark Frenzy without High Tide. For that I got 10 crits in 43 attempts.
    So maybe the wording of the description is wrong. Instead of saying, 'If you are in High tide, Shark Frenzy will deal critical damage', it should say 'If you are in High tide, Shark Frenzy has a higher chance of dealing critical damage'.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Re-tested Shark Frenzy vs Aqualance.
    With or without High Tide when Shark Frenzy Crits it does on average virtually the same amount of damage.
    When Aqulance has High Tide it does more than double the damage (including all DOT hits) of Aqualance without High Tide.
    A Shark Frenzy crit does 65% of the damage of Aqualance with High Tide.
  8. Cold Lava Active Player

I did some tests on shark frenzy, and here is what I found:

High tide has no effect on critical damage. Instead, it rolls a die that guarantees critical attack, effectively raising the critical chance.

Experiment:
    With only 5% critical attack chance, I was able to get 3% critical (3 out of 102) without high tide and 56% (62 out of 111) with high tide.
    With 25% critical attack chance, I got 29% (20 out of 69) without high tide and 64% (44 out of 69) with high tide.
    There was no noticeable difference in critical magnitude.
    Note that with high tide, it was possible to get critical hit on all targets, which should be unlikely probability-wise.

My conclusion:
    Every time you use shark with high tide, it first rolls a die (I think it's around 50% chance). If it succeeds, every hits will be a critical. If it fails, it will roll the normal die (the one that is based on your passive critical chance) for each hit.
    If your critical chance is X%, then high tide raises your chance to 50% + 0.5X%.
    I assume mending wave works similarly.

How much does high tide enhance shark frenzy?
    It depends on your passive critical chance and critical damage. Assuming 25% chance and 105% magnitude,
    high tide raises your critical chance to 62.5%.
    Average damage without high tide is 126.25% of base damage.
    Average damage with high tide is 165.625% of base damage.
    => An increase of 31%.

Finally, I agree that power description is very confusing and could use some clarifications.
    • Like x 4
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks for putting in the time! I think you're right, they must have meant that there's an increased chance, not a 100% certainty.
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Based off this chart, I kind of did a mockup loadout. Been using it in combat for several days.

Aqualance, Tsunami Strikes, Drown, Ebb and Flow, High Tide, Bubble.

My biggest issue with it, is the animation time for Aqualance. Otherwise, it's okay.. Not excited, or disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  11. SparkmanX Committed Player

Has anyone been able to put together a good loadout for Healer in elite content?
  12. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

High tide, tempest guard clipped with riptide, SoS, tsunami strikes, tranquil pool

For elite raids, I replace Sos with bubble. I save bubble for when someone gets dangerously low.
    • Like x 1
  13. Castrato Well-Known Player

Single heal, tempest guard, bubble, the pool, riptide, and tsunamis strike.

Sorry I’m not on my water alt but this is her main healing loadout I use for all content, including elite.
  14. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I use Solice, Riptide, Bubble, Tempest, Mending, and Tsunami.
  15. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Ive been using the crushing formula new gotham and bodying people with this loadout.

Lunge and clip crushing formula with trinket, then
    Depth charge clipped with high tide, aqualance clipped with bubble, then TS x 2. Then repeat. My supercharge is dehydrate. You can clip TS with itself if you time it correctly after the 2nd splash.
    Im an old school electric player so Im always jump-cancelling and moving around lol.
  16. L T Devoted Player

The only change to my load out has been swapping Dehydrate for AA, and I'm getting a little bored with it.
    Gonna try yours-- it sounds fun.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Ive been playing around with this supercharge building loadout. I was able to go from 0% to 100% supercharge in the first fight of Pan with this.

Drown clipped with bubble clipped with riptide, ebb & flow clipped with TS. Whenever bubble is on cooldown, clip drown with riptide. Then let dehydrate do its thing.
  18. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

It's amazing that they still haven't not addressed high tide and shark frenzy. I created a topic month's ago about this. Back in September. And they still haven't stated if the description is wrong or the ability isn't working as intended. These devs suck
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Went water again (yes I'm a traitor <-- for certain ppl reading that)
    If settled pretty much for a multitargetloadout.

What i'm really missing now is a good singletarget rotation.
    Are there any ideas/suggestions?

It seems for me i'm not going above 9k/s average (with 23,5k might). Done about that with elec, but I think Water has better potential for Singletarget than water.
  20. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I found this rotation on YouTube and it seems to work for me. It's from da rotm.

Dehydrate
    High tide
    Bubble
    Shark frenzy
    Tsunami strikes
    Rs

Dehydrate/ bubble/ high tide into shark frenzy into tsunami strikes x2 repeat