Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AV Loyal Player

Pretty effective, or at least no less effective than stacking Dom since we only have the one shield and it doesn't lose much potency anyways. We also sacrifice about 1000 health by doing that but it's a drop in the bucket for Fire. Either approach is totally viable (unless you're running Dilustel, in which case stack Dom)
  2. Cyro Committed Player

What about versus stacking dom and running the shield, hl shield, and movement mode sc
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I actually prefer this way to tank. I'm SS, Dash Attack is great for kiting.
  4. Cyro Committed Player

its how i used to fire tank as well but i hated it
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Normally I was running half Resto half Dom.... when I switched all of my origins augments to Dom, my healing numbers improved slightly.

In short, there is something going on with fire’s healing formula, and that change occurred without notice.

It’s as if none of the devs even try any of this stuff as a fire tank unless they have a god mode trinket. I’ve tried sending private messages to both Mepps and Batuba asking them to look into it, or at least a person to whom I should talk about this. Crickets. I would suggest that we all send (reasonably polite) messages to them and see if they respond and start looking into it.
  6. AV Loyal Player

Also, in addition to what others have said, unless your healer is water HLS kinda sucks cuz it doesn't overwrite. Even with water it's not great because it can't be overwritten by water shields, so it always results in an awkward shield gap.

Did you have 100 points into dom sp at the time and not as much in resto? Because the 10% buff at 100 sp is substantial and could overpower the difference in the equations.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Fiery Weapon - My understanding this is only for weapon attacks. But then I wondered...

Critical Fiery Weapon III - Grants an additional 2% critical strike chance when you use Fire: Fiery Weapon.

If you use it to clip another power do you still get the 2% on anything including might based powers?
  8. AV Loyal Player

Yes but it doesn't come close to matching RS' output and we have to sacrifice Supercharged Neo-Venom Boost to do it so it's worth neither the loadout nor the mod slot.
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm full Might DPS and currently use Stoke Flame to clip Inferno in my non-boss load out. And t's always kinda nice to get a +6,000 heal every rotation. But if I can get an extra crit chance then it might be worth switching.

In boss battles I replace Stoke with Fireball Barrage. Just today I got Eye of Gemini up to 200. (yippee!) So now I'm wondering if I should switch to Neo-Venom Boost.

Neo-Venom +40% Damage / +20% EoG damage & +5% Might/Precision

But I don't know if this will make up for the 25-35k ticks I'm getting from Barrage.
  10. Cyro Committed Player

No artifacts no dlc mods and no crits

Dom - 17241

stoke flames per second

bd total

Resto - 17241

stoke flames per second

bd total

Likely what is happening is one of two things

1 - you are forgetting about something spec wise that is messing up data

2 - due to most tank artifacts giving more dom than resto it may be better to spec dom(due to crit increase) when you used a certain combo of artifacts
    • Like x 2
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Hybrid playstyle, 20 in Crit Heal Chance, 40 in Crit Heal Magnitude, 245 in Health, 100 in Resto, 45 in Dom, 9 under movement tree, a couple of iconics including Lasso, Pheromone Bloom, Amazonium Deflection, and HL Shield, split Dom & Resto yellow mods in generator... trust me, I'm not missing anything in terms of spec setup. As to artifacts, it's EoG (200), Mystic Symbol (200), and Manacles (160). Trust me... I've been following along here because it's a waste of time to not use the work done by folks like L T. Everything else is taking what's been said here and experimenting with some minor variants.

Now, if we look at your numbers relating to a fire tank with 180,000 health, you're looking at 3-4% per second with Stoke Flames, and about 25% total with Burning Determination. With the worst-of-the-tank-powers defense and the propensity for everything to gravitate towards fire tanks (and even fire DPSes... yeah, that's been an observation several folks in my league have made), that is just simply not enough for proper damage mitigation because more damage is coming in, frequently finding the tank trapped in the middle of stuff... and because fire tanks are few and far between, many healers have no clue about how to work with a fire tank.
  12. Cyro Committed Player

Posted a thread in powers section asking for a fire buff please go like and comment. I just hope the devs listen....and i also hope i didnt mess up any math :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Cyro Committed Player

I have been testing the new artifacts and transformation card plus strategist card is a powerful combo

So for those of you that arent in the loop

Trans card - reduces damage/healing to give more crit chance and mag
    strag card - getting a damage crit gives tanks a chance to receive a hot

With these two together you get more and bigger crits for both heals and damage and more hots from the strag card. I was testing this on the shadow golem and i have yet to see its full potential since my healing in is too high. These new artifacts really work in favor with fire active tanking
  14. AV Loyal Player

Shadow Golem not a great test. Can solo tank that without heal and never come close to dying with just Absorb Heat without the new artifacts. Best thing to test on right now would likely be the FIe fb subs, as they're currently horrible to tank as fire.
  15. Cyro Committed Player

Yea i was having difficulty finding something to tank that wouldnt require too much work to get to like raid bosses.
    • Like x 1
  16. AV Loyal Player

Yeh understandable. I guess Man-Bat would be the closest thing and would also be a good test of how much it'll hurt to lose so much tank stats, since he can also hit hard.
  17. Cyro Committed Player

Completely forgot about man bat, but that means i have to do the solo on a character that doesnt have a dps set(yet)

If you are interested about 45% of my healing was from crits with the two artifacts, having regular crits of 15k from stoke flames was very satisfying. I think those two plus mystic will be the way fire tanks can truly go pure resto and have heals on top of heals.
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I have tested it and ran it with the refractor and the mystic of the 7. Not impressed to be honest... Can’t afford losing even 1% of health...I can’t imagine running strategy/transformation card combo in elites... I guess you technically could but you will lose like 60+k of health if not more. In other words, you can’t heal a 180k hit with 175k health. I think it’s going to be very niche on fire; if things don’t hit you that hard, then you can heal really well and all by yourself. If adds/bosses hit for a decent chunk then it’s a one shot before you know it

Whacha talking about? Word on the street, transformation card is going hot on a fire tank (no pun) with all the crits you will never get to proc. With it on, and a mediocre solo healer you can take all the forge weapons in fi e and even heal through one shots from the bards. Another reason to level up the transformation card is due to the fact that the gorgon pull only does like 180k damage so stoke&bd combo and 150k health pool will suffice with all the crits you can get. The bards, minotaur lunging you at the same time and the snakes are just there to scare you.
    ^Artifact on a fire tank in a nutshell
  19. Careless Active Player

Anyone have a good prec loadout for fire?
  20. Careless Active Player

Doesnt the enemy have to be standing in inferno to get the damage? so it wouldnt be good for mobile fights